What's new

Blackland Thursday!

Blackland Thursday with my polished stainless steel Blackbird.

20221103_061008.jpg

• Blackland SS Machined finish SB Vector.
• Feather Professional Super blade (5).
• Proraso shaving cream in can.
• Proraso after shave balm for face.
• Proraso green after shave lotion for back of neck and chest.
• Splash of WitchHazel for post shave face. (NOT PICTURED).

Today was a fun, fast, and furious shave as we overslept and a contractor was knocking at the door….As you can see, I used my Proraso in the can shave cream, and it actually did a pretty good job! Certainly not my favorite lathering process but you do what you have to do when you have to do it…..
The feather blade performed well on shave number 5 and the Vector was outstanding as usual. DFS as the judge is awarding a 9 today not because of lack of performance, but because it was over so fast I did not get a chance to really enjoy it. A hit and run job that worked well. Have a great Thursday all.
93C1A425-6BF5-44CF-A39E-14E5066E40D7.jpeg
1D7E65B5-9A4F-42FF-8D4B-C51A8ED1CE95.jpeg

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I didn't really expect to be able to join this thread. I've enjoyed watching all of your reports on your fine Blackland razors. When I got the email about the final sale of the Era-s, it looked like everything was sold out almost immediately.

On a whim, I went to the Blackland site and lo and behold... I was able to load an Era with the 4SB and 4OC base plates into my cart along with a Era razor stand..... I sort of messed up the order. I forgot to add the stand initially... and I didn't apply the 15% discount for first time user (email and text sign up). I realize, it would have been a huge discount had I ordered a Titanium Vector but I'm not ready for one at this point.

Anyway, the reason for me telling the story? Basher at Blackland customer service sorted everything out when he go to work this morning. I thanked him and got a very nice return email about the whole thing. He couldn't have been more thorough and positive. I was impressed.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Blackland Thursday
20221103_105332~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Brass Blackbird SB (CG Brass Dimpled Handle)
Blade: Perma-Sharp (3)
Brush: Edwin Jagger Imitation Horn (25mm Synthetic Silver Tip)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Cyril R. Salter Indian Sandalwood
Aftershave: Bootlegger's El Dorado
Fragrance: Belcam Bold Tobacco EdT Spray
20221103_105412~2.jpg

Superb shave! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-11997286

Tonight I used the Era with the 2 sb plate. KCG blade, Stirling Barber Shop soap and Old Spice splash. Perfect casual shave. I love going super mild when I shave at night and this combo basically amounted to a nice, smooth facial exfoliation that removed some hair - and allows me to shave again in the morning if I want.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Blackland Thursday
20221110_103254~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (Timeless Crown TRH8 Polished Titanium Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (4)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Keyhole (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip Fan)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: WSP Formula T Tobacco
Aftershave: Bootlegger's Bay Rum
Fragrance: Belcam Bold Tobacco
20221110_103334~2.jpg

Superb razor! :cool:

Notes from today's shave: Post in thread 'never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge' never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12006519

• Blackland Blackbird Ti.
• PolSilver blade (3).
• Captain’s Choice Copper bowl.
• Proraso shaving cream.
• Proraso after shave balm for face and ears.
• Proraso Gold after shave lotion for back of neck and chest.
• Pre-shave oil from Executive Shaving.
• WitchHazel Splash for face post shave.
• Shave Nation Finest badger.

HAPPY THURSDAY!!!!!!!!
Reached for my Blackbird Ti this morning as I have not used it in several weeks and was reminded of why she is in the starting rotation with that smooth delivery and impeccable maneuverability.
38277CCB-6932-4AE0-97A3-B09459512E87.jpeg

Top Bottom