What's new

Blackland Thursday!

Another fine outing with the Sabre today.
Image552596321746321968.jpg

BDB97E6E-FA52-4FA7-8766-FC4D323C33F3.jpeg

Blackland Thursday / Unknown Gems Week / Discovery Blade PIF / DecemBoar

Pre: Topsy Blends Gold and Glowing Raw Honey Cleanser Foaming Face Wash

Razor: T.R. Cadman & Sons "Bengall"
Razor: Blackland Blackbird
Blade: Eddison Super Stainless (D12)

Post 1: P.A.A. Alum No-Slip Grip System w/ Hyaluronic Acid
Post 2: Dickinson's Enhanced Witch Hazel Deep Cleansing Astringent w/ Menthol & Eucalyptus
Aftershave: Pinaud Citrus Musk
Post 4: Neutrogena Hydro Boost Gel-Cream Extra-Dry w/ Hyaluronic Acid

Sticking with the current set of relevant shaving themes I opted for my Blackland Blackbird to accompany the Bengall I've been using so frequently.

I paired the Blackbird with the Eddison Super Stainless blade I've been so impressed with. I mean today's shave is the eleventh shave I've gotten out of it! This is a record for any blade I've used before. A definite (unknown) "gem" in my opinion.

Speaking of gems, I want to call attention to the Topsy Blends (pre-shave) face wash I used. I picked this up from a local aromatherapist at my local community market that sells many amazing essential oil products. This face wash is great though, with its components of organic castile soap, organic jojoba oil, organic raw honey, and 100% pure therapeutic grade essential oils of tea tree, lavender, frankincense, and geranium, I had a very enjoyable time simply washing my face. Simple pleasures, right? If you're curious about their products go check out their online store.

I did my typical multi-pass shave, chasing that bbs finish. The Bengall has been serving me well for my initial couple/few passes. Switching to the Blackbird it did a superb job with the just-won't-quit Eddison blade.

The Phoenix Shaving Future Fiction soap performed amazingly as usual and the scent is to die for. I feel like if you've never tried Phoenix Artisan Accoutrements soaps before, Future Fiction has to be the first one you try. If you already like the brand, you have to have this one in your rotation.

After a wonderful shave, I splashed on some Pinaud Citrus Musk. It's unmistakably a Pinaud fragrance and one that I enjoy from time to time.

All in all, a great shave was had today. More gems to come...

Take care and shave on gentlemen.

My new Dart arrived today (and Blackland brush along with it)! Excellent shave, definitely rode the bar more than the cap as I found the reviews to be true, cap = more aggressive, bar = more mild. It was nice to be able to adjust the angle on different growth areas, I think I will keep the Dart in rotation for a while!

Razor: Blackland Dart - Machined Finish - #41
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (3)
Brush: Blackland Signature Shave Brush - Black
Soap: Noble Otter Two Kings
Post Shave: Noble Otter Two Kings Splash

View attachment 1558411
I have a polished dart and Blackland brush wrapped under the true just waiting for Christmas morning shave!

Top Bottom