What's new

Blackland Brotherhood - B³

Shane at Blackland e-mailed an announcement about the availability of the BB in Black Oxide and I could not help myself. Besides I needed a safety bar version to accompany my polished open comb so I bit the bullet and bought it. It arrived in the mail today.

Cheers!

Blacklands.jpg

..... i feel like Rumpelstiltskin!!

I have 2 now. A polished and a machined (cut my teeth with this one). So so so so many great shaves with them. I bought a Dart around last August for the dopp bag but had a bad experience with it . In hindsight it was just in part a poor blade choice and the 75% me me feeling I was having an affair on the Blackbird haha. Ended up buying the polished 'bird for the kit and gifting the razor to my son (who loves it, i think he uses Derby's in it). In March I purchased the 101 handles for both and a polished OC (use it in both). They get switched at will and probably would go with the 85 if i had to choose.
This is the very first razor I purchased when I started wet shaving last year in March. Silver Blues are still my go to blade for a close comfortable shave. I have just lately started trying other razors and am finding the bar is pretty high with the BB.
Gotta get the black oxide, she is a beauty. I'm hoping Top of the Chain gets a couple up here in Canada.
Anyways I do have a Vector in the rotation now but those 'bird's are so pretty....

IMG_20200825_200348.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
20200906_112805~2.jpg

Razor: @Blackland Razors Vector :001_wub:
Blade: Schick Proline (2)
Brush: @Rudy Vey Butterscotch Beehive (Shavemac 24mm 2-Band Silvertip)
Soap: Martin de Candre Fougère
Aftershave: Floïd Suave
Cologne: Lagerfeld Classic

WTG, ATG, XTG. Minor touch-up.

BBS (Bride Approved) with no nicks, cuts, weepers or irritation.

The Vector is one of the finest razors I've ever used. Definitely, in my opinion, World Class!

Effortless, awesome shave. 😎

Razor: Blackland Blackbird sb
Blade: Super Shave X (2)
Brush: ES Medium Jock
Soap: London Oatcake - Lavender Melt
Rating: 10/10

Another irritation free and extremely close shave. I'm going to put a Rubie in the Blackbird tomorrow as I want to see
how it handles different blades, the two I've tried so far have been great. The soap performs very well and I really like the post shave feel. The Pinaud cream is ok to shave with but I prefer to use it as a post shave balm.

IMG_20200909_153853.jpg

99AD1B2E-93AB-4CE8-8BBB-850A2F8E6518.jpeg

I know this is the BB thread and I love mine but man...there’s something special about the Sabre. The Vector is easier to use, the BB gets closer and lasts longer but I really REALLY like the Sabre. I think (I’m not going to but) I could sell all the others and just use this one to shave with every day. I don’t even think I’d miss the others, it’s that good for me.

Razor: Blackland Blackbird sb
Blade: Gillette Rubie (1)
Brush: Yaqi 28mm Tuxedo Synthetic
Soap: Zingari Man - The Explorer
Rating: 10/10

So... First ever use of the brush, soap and balm and first use of the Rubie in what is still to me a fairly new razor. All of that new product in one shave could have been asking for trouble but actually it was fantastic. The brush/soap made a slick, protective lather and I had the closest shave yet with the Rubie in the Blackbird. I usually have a couple of difficult spots on my neck that require extra effort to get smooth but today with no buffing etc. they're as smooth and glass like as all the rest. After shaving yesterday I thought my face felt great but this Zingari soap and balm is on the next level and todays post shave feel is even better. The Blackbird is an amazing razor and the more I get it dialled in, the more I love using it and the BBS results it provides.

IMG_20200910_123044.jpg

Love that photo with the no-cap 'Bird! A peek under the cover!
I am actually stunned by the way the OC Blackbird shaved. I was a bit rushed for time and almost punted to the next day (or evening after work), but went ahead with a quick shave using Cremo Sandalwood hand applied out of the shower. My 7 day growth was gone literally effortlessly. Second pass had me wondering how this could be - light touchups and I was astonishingly smooth yet zero irritation. Right now, I don't see the Timeless staying around.

I am actually stunned by the way the OC Blackbird shaved. I was a bit rushed for time and almost punted to the next day (or evening after work), but went ahead with a quick shave using Cremo Sandalwood hand applied out of the shower. My 7 day growth was gone literally effortlessly. Second pass had me wondering how this could be - light touchups and I was astonishingly smooth yet zero irritation. Right now, I don't see the Timeless staying around.

It's an enigma! Perfect blade feel but somehow leaves a glass-like smooth face. Glad you liked the OC. I'm curious how you'll like the SB too.

Top Bottom