What's new

Best Thiers Issard straight razors

It's bent.
I bought it new.
I have never honed it.
Laid flat on a flat stone,
on one side only the heel and the toe touch the stone
laid flat on its other side it looks like the rail on a rocking chair.

Yeah, that sucks. As expensive as they are, I would be sick. It's a shame that there aren't more brick and mortar stores carrying them, so a buyer can lay eyes on them in-person.

Hey, just recieved my Father's Day present (Australia Post is sunning slow) from the Bay. I cleaned and sharpened it up in no time at all and now I have my second TI razor exactly 21 years after the first.
TI_FathersdayPresi2020.jpg

Yeah, but you've got a great collection....
Thank you, that's most kind of you :001_smile

The collection started out as a cute baby about twelve years ago. It grew slowly only taking up one shelf in a bookcase for years. Then about 2012 it began to grow uncontrollable. Today it has a room of it's own, but it hasn't grown much the last few years, kind of like an adolescent who has left puberty. The room isn't crammed but well organised with two display cabinets and a large cabinet holding parafernalia like strops, brushes, soaps and the razors I never should have bought. Then there are two very nice armchairs and a small table. So it's a very nice place to sit and have a conversation with guests while they most likely are wondering if I've totally lost my marbles.

The well lit up display cabinet holding my collection of historic Gillette razors (I love to just stop and admire the beauty of the Gillette ABC razors), my old Swedish DE razors and the standard DE razors I've kept illuminates the staircase at the ground floor.

If @Mango ever launches that straight razor museum website I've been nagging on him for many years to build I might be able to add a subsection displaying the history of the Eskilstuna razors.

Besides from the above I'm a very normal widower focusing on giving my young son (The Cub) a good upbringing and putting food on the table. I guess that I'm to be considered lucky being able to indulge myself with this hobby.

The collection started out as a cute baby about twelve years ago. It grew slowly only taking up one shelf in a bookcase for years. Then about 2012 it began to grow uncontrollable. Today it has a room of it's own, but it hasn't grown much the last few years, kind of like an adolescent who has left puberty. The room isn't crammed but well organised with two display cabinets and a large cabinet holding parafernalia like strops, brushes, soaps and the razors I never should have bought. Then there are two very nice armchairs and a small table. So it's a very nice place to sit and have a conversation with guests while they most likely are wondering if I've totally lost my marbles.

The well lit up display cabinet holding my collection of historic Gillette razors (I love to just stop and admire the beauty of the Gillette ABC razors), my old Swedish DE razors and the standard DE razors I've kept illuminates the staircase at the ground floor.

If @Mango ever launches that straight razor museum website I've been nagging on him for many years to build I might be able to add a subsection displaying the history of the Eskilstuna razors.

Besides from the above I'm a very normal widower focusing on giving my young son (The Cub) a good upbringing and putting food on the table. I guess that I'm to be considered lucky being able to indulge myself with this hobby.

Mango has some crazy awesome razors. I haven't seen him post a bland one yet.

Enabler!!

thiers issard feston collection array november 16 2015.jpg

Top Bottom