What's new

Thiers Issard Black and White

Thought I'd add my TI to this collection?
2 years ago I decided to FINALLY take the plunge and be brave enough to have a go at Straight Razor shaving (Something I have always wanted to try, ever since seeing it be done in old movies. It just felt that's how MEN should shave!?!). As a teenager I grew up with cartridge razors and then 15 yrs ago switched to DE (weapon of choice was an IKON Open Comb) solely because I was hacked off at the price of cartridge blades!!! After a short while, mmm 3 to 4 months the shaving was first class (x3 Pass) BBS style and rarely a nick!?! Since then the shaves just got better and better with experience, the IKON is paired with PERSONNA Platinum blades, personally (and it is always personal in these matters!) it's a great combination!
As I said 2 years ago I decided to Man Up and after a small amount of research I chose THIERS ISSARD to be my 1st Straight Razor! Mainly because their website offered a custom order set up and if I'm going to get for me what was the ultimate shaving tool, I wanted something I COULD be proud of and would want to hold. Again this is all a matter of personal choice!
So I built my designed Razor using TI website and placed my order and waited (Not so patiently). My spec is as follows.....
CARBOSONG C135 Steel
Round Point
Mirror Polished both sides
Grind is either FULL or EXTRA FULL HOLLOW??? (Can't remember)
FLEUR DE LYS Spine
Etched LE CHASSEUR on the Blade
RAMS HORN Scales

Now for the photos, Hope you like it as much as I do? Not that it matters, everyone has their own idea of beauty and I accept that.
Thank you for reading and looking

20220210_060231.jpg
20220219_122346.jpg

20220210_060752.jpg
20220219_122211.jpg
20220219_122539.jpg

Attachments

• 20220219_122545.jpg
    20220219_122545.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 4
2 years ago I decided to FINALLY take the plunge and be brave enough to have a go at Straight Razor shaving (Something I have always wanted to try, ever since seeing it be done in old movies. It just felt that's how MEN should shave!?!). As a teenager I grew up with cartridge razors and then 15 yrs ago switched to DE (weapon of choice was an IKON Open Comb) solely because I was hacked off at the price of cartridge blades!!! After a short while, mmm 3 to 4 months the shaving was first class (x3 Pass) BBS style and rarely a nick!?! Since then the shaves just got better and better with experience, the IKON is paired with PERSONNA Platinum blades, personally (and it is always personal in these matters!) it's a great combination!
As I said 2 years ago I decided to Man Up and after a small amount of research I chose THIERS ISSARD to be my 1st Straight Razor! Mainly because their website offered a custom order set up and if I'm going to get for me what was the ultimate shaving tool, I wanted something I COULD be proud of and would want to hold. Again this is all a matter of personal choice!
So I built my designed Razor using TI website and placed my order and waited (Not so patiently). My spec is as follows.....
CARBOSONG C135 Steel
Round Point
FLEUR DE LYS Spine
RAMS HORN Scales

Now for the photos, Hope you like it as much as I do? Not that it matters, everyone has their own idea of beauty and I accept that.

View attachment 1770087View attachment 1770088.

View attachment 1770089View attachment 1770091View attachment 1770092
Gorgeous razor! You didn't say how you like shaving with it, so how is it?

@Doc Dan Every time I get this Razor out I am always amazed at its beauty and quality!...Shaving with it has been a daunting learning experience!?! At the beginning it was a love hate relationship, mainly due to lack of SR shaving skills and techniques! And for a while I was reluctant to use this razor, resorting back to my DE IKON with the excuse I didn't have time for a SR shave!?!
But recently I bit the bullet and put my Big Boys Pants on and decided the only way to improve was to solely use the SR for shaving! So having readdress some shaving issues ie angle of blade and reducing pressure on the blade, I have been using this Razor every 3 days. And the shaving is improving EVERY time! I am no longer afraid to pick this razor up and use it, shave wise it is amazing and faultless! The guy (Joseph from Edge Dynamics here in the UK) who hones this for me says it takes an edge exceptionally well. The last shave with this razor, a x3 pass was very smooth almost as smooth as I get with a x3 pass using the DE. Plus the feedback from the alum stone was fantastic, little to no sting/ burn!?! For me I am well happy and more than satisfied with this Razors performance, what ever it lacks I know is down to me not the razor!!!
Cheers Andy

@Doc Dan Every time I get this Razor out I am always amazed at its beauty and quality!...Shaving with it has been a daunting learning experience!?! At the beginning it was a love hate relationship, mainly due to lack of SR shaving skills and techniques! And for a while I was reluctant to use this razor, resorting back to my DE IKON with the excuse I didn't have time for a SR shave!?!
But recently I bit the bullet and put my Big Boys Pants on and decided the only way to improve was to solely use the SR for shaving! So having readdress some shaving issues ie angle of blade and reducing pressure on the blade, I have been using this Razor every 3 days. And the shaving is improving EVERY time! I am no longer afraid to pick this razor up and use it, shave wise it is amazing and faultless! The guy (Joseph from Edge Dynamics here in the UK) who hones this for me says it takes an edge exceptionally well. The last shave with this razor, a x3 pass was very smooth almost as smooth as I get with a x3 pass using the DE. Plus the feedback from the alum stone was fantastic, little to no sting/ burn!?! For me I am well happy and more than satisfied with this Razors performance, what ever it lacks I know is down to me not the razor!!!
Cheers Andy
They are amazing shavers. I never get irritation or cuts. I fall in love every time I pick one of them up.

Don't worry, as you shave you will learn and it will get better and better. Things will be remarkably different by 100 shaves.

CARBOSONG C135 Steel
Round Point
FLEUR DE LYS Spine
RAMS HORN Scales

View attachment 1770087View attachment 1770088.

View attachment 1770089View attachment 1770091View attachment 1770092
This is one gorgeous razer. I especially like the etching on the top of the blade. How long after submitting your order did it take to get to you?

Thanks for appreciating the Razor as much as iu do guys! I decided to go with lazer engraved spine rather than the carved sculpted pattern, as I didn't want an in your face, over the top, showoff piece!?! Some times LESS is MORE!?!

@Aidah I think the wait time from placing the order to receiving it was about 4 to 5 weeks, which I didn't think was too bad!?!

Top Bottom