What's new

Best Thiers Issard straight razors

I don't see anyone actually selling the La Legende. This may be an older model that was discontinued. I think that you need to find a photo of the back of the tang to know more or ask the seller what it says or for a photo.

I have no idea what the best TIs are. I hadn't tried a TI so I ordered — with some trepidation — a Bijou de France, mainly because I seem to like thumbnotch blades. I was pretty pleased with it. The bevel was even and it was shave-ready enough for me (from Griffith). It was not clumsy at 7/8, handled well and shaved nicely. I liked it enough that I wondered if I should maybe try the slightly differently shaped 6/8 version as well. So many razors :p

1F5FD51D-31AB-4D95-809D-91979EAEE17A.jpeg

"Best" is always a subjective statement. The first question would be: Do you like the brand? Yes I do like Tiers Issard. Which of their razor models do I like the most? The standard 5/8 full hollow is a very forgiving and effective razor, but I must say that I'd be fine with any of my TI razors and I wouldn't have them all if I didn't really like all eleven. I must admit that I acquisition disorder seem to have got the best of me when it comes to TI.
20210320_071109.jpg

Polarbeard,
That TI with the carved scales and Eagle branding looks like my two favourite razors I own had a baby! Looks brand new, untouched, pure as the driven snow <drool>.

Polarbeard,
That TI with the carved scales and Eagle branding looks like my two favourite razors I own had a baby! Looks brand new, untouched, pure as the driven snow <drool>.
It was a very exciting moment for me when I openened the package and wiped the factory grease from the blade. It has more "bling" than any of my other razors.

New TI, bringing my collection to three (so far):

View attachment 1156797

All three have been absolutely beautiful, no-regret purchases. All three razors have come shave-ready, and after the first, I just stropped on CrOx after pulling them out of the box, just to smooth that factory edge, it was so keen. No complaints, 3 out of 3 winners.
I recently picked up a seven day set brand new for half price. All the razors were shave ready. I like TIs. Beautiful razors. I’m setting here reading all these posts and getting ready to purchase two 7/8 with French point. I’m afraid to finish reading this post. They are a bunch of enablers here. Well I’m razor poor again. Thank all you guys for all the help.

A smiling profile that allows you to hone it properly. A flat spine would also improve most TI razors.
So, any TI razor that have been proced by a skilled grinder.

Picked up my first TI last week at a thrift store. A "Wolf & Sheep" blade of unknown age and assumed plastic scales. Would love feedback on possible age. It needs a little polish on some surface rust, but sharpened right up. I'll probably test it tonight.

Pics and price are in the SR Acquisition thread here.
Fantastic score for a fantastic price. Enjoy it!! No idea on age, but someone will chime in.

Top Bottom