What's new

Thiers Issard Black and White

I accidentally posted this in General Straight Razor and asked the mod to move it. The other comments didn't make the move, but never mind.

This was a gift of love. Those kids have lost everything, families, schools, you name it. They aren't allowed to go to school in the host country and their parents can't work. You never know what you have until you meet folks like these. They stay so positive and happy and make me feel like crying (even as big as I am). Some of the girls knew how to shave arm pits, but not all. None knew about legs. The boys had never had anybody teach them how to shave and so they shaved their faces for the first time ever.

They were all so happy they begged the center to let them take left over razors and brushes to their fathers. These were good knockoffs of Gillette twist to open razors and shave very good. They were in black chrome and looked fantastic. I demonstrated with my James Bond Gillette Slim.

I accidentally posted this in General Straight Razor and asked the mod to move it. The other comments didn't make the move, but never mind.

This was a gift of love. Those kids have lost everything, families, schools, you name it. They aren't allowed to go to school in the host country and their parents can't work. You never know what you have until you meet folks like these. They stay so positive and happy and make me feel like crying (even as big as I am). Some of the girls knew how to shave arm pits, but not all. None knew about legs. The boys had never had anybody teach them how to shave and so they shaved their faces for the first time ever.

They were all so happy they begged the center to let them take left over razors and brushes to their fathers. These were good knockoffs of Gillette twist to open razors and shave very good. They were in black chrome and looked fantastic. I demonstrated with my James Bond Gillette Slim.
Man I don’t know what’s wrong with me. The reply above was supposed to go in the thread about teaching kids to shave. My brain fell out apparently. Sad that we can’t modify our comments.

ti razors.jpg

Wouldn't mind another 6/8ths. These both aren't quite full hollows but aren't half hollow either. I think the only razor they make currently with that grind is the 1937 Special, but might be wrong. Wouldn't mind trying one.

Lovely razors. I take a lot better care of the 7/8ths but the 6/8ths is more of a daily driver. Doesn't look perfect but the shaves are wonderful. I don't have a huge razor collection (although the pile is getting bigger) but for me the Grelot is the one.

View attachment 1727818
Wouldn't mind another 6/8ths. These both aren't quite full hollows but aren't half hollow either. I think the only razor they make currently with that grind is the 1937 Special, but might be wrong. Wouldn't mind trying one.

Lovely razors. I take a lot better care of the 7/8ths but the 6/8ths is more of a daily driver. Doesn't look perfect but the shaves are wonderful. I don't have a huge razor collection (although the pile is getting bigger) but for me the Grelot is the one.
Nice razors! I looked hard at a Grelot before buying my second TI, but ended up making a set. Both of mine are full singing hollowed.

IMG_5218.jpeg

Had a 1937 a while back. Got stolen. I’m planning on adding another to the quiver once TSS gets some in inventory. I like
T-I razors. They smack of hand made. Very French….
My most recent addition (below) is a truly nice piece of work.
IMG_5221.jpeg

The bottom pictured razor is hopelessly exotic. It’s probably my favorite of the lot.
IMG_5131.jpeg

View attachment 1727903
Had a 1937 a while back. Got stolen. I’m planning on adding another to the quiver once TSS gets some in inventory. I like
T-I razors. They smack of hand made. Very French….
My most recent addition (below) is a truly nice piece of work.
View attachment 1727906
The bottom pictured razor is hopelessly exotic. It’s probably my favorite of the lot.
View attachment 1727907
Wow! Those are beautiful! Those last two are really nice. Now you are putting bad ideas in my head! :laugh:

Now that we're talking TI,
Does anyone have a "Père Thiers" in their collection? Or something along those lines, I can't remember its name and can't find any pictures of it.
It was a limited edition run commemorating a founding father of the company. I saw them available around 2016.
It had a sweet special shaped nose and tang.
Sweet looking razor, always regretted not getting one.
I did get a 1/4 hollow Grelot and it was one of my best shavers, ever.

Now that we're talking TI,
Does anyone have a "Père Thiers" in their collection? Or something along those lines, I can't remember its name and can't find any pictures of it.
It was a limited edition run commemorating a founding father of the company. I saw them available around 2016.
It had a sweet special shaped nose and tang.
Sweet looking razor, always regretted not getting one.
I did get a 1/4 hollow Grelot and it was one of my best shavers, ever.
I see a lovely Jane Et Pierre Thiers 1884 on Grownmanshave.com and on nakearmor.com. Is that the one?

Those are some gorgeous razors posted. I not only love looking at mine and admiring them, I love shaving with them, too.

I just picked up the black one. I thought this was a nice looking match and a bit different than all the same color. Night and day or black and white.

Hey, don't hide them. Let's see your Thiers Issards.
Here are my two Thiers-Issard straights. Bone scales and

I just picked up the black one. I thought this was a nice looking match and a bit different than all the same color. Night and day or black and white.

Hey, don't hide them. Let's see your Thiers Issards.
Here are my two Thiers-Issard Damascus straights. Scales are bone and snakewood. I hone with tape. After setting bevel, it's a progression of synthetic stones--2k, 4k, 6k, 8k, 12k, and finally a jnat water only, no slurry, and leather strop, no paste. Daily shavers and can go for about six months before touch up honing.

Attachments

• PXL_20231218_233053692.jpg
    PXL_20231218_233053692.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 5
  • PXL_20231218_233057012.jpg
    PXL_20231218_233057012.jpg
    823.8 KB · Views: 5
Top Bottom