What's new

Best belt

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
View attachment 1160794
One type of belt I cannot recommend is the reinforced web style belt which is rather popular with the tactical trouser/5.11 crowd. I have one I bought from Vedder. Seldom if ever wear it.
Threading it through belt loops on most conventional jeans (Carhartt, Duluth Trading, etc.) is surely tedious unless you remove the buckle, which is a pain in and of itself.
Seems well made and all but just too much like work to use....for me😕
YEARS ago I bought a Vedder inside the waist band holster, a hybrid. Black Friday sale. Can't say enough good things about it. I was tempted recently to get one of these belts. But every one like these have a lot of similar complaints. Thanks for saving me some money. As I am always carrying if I'm wearing a belt I thought that one of these would be nice for my red neck flannel shirt and old jeans look, but I'm so cussed lazy and ornery now a days that I don't want to have to explain to the War Department why I threw a belt in the woodstove.

FarmerTan

"Self appointed king of Arkoland"
I buy 1.5" wide full grain leather gun belts with roller buckles and Chicago screws. Crossbreed, Relentless Tactical, Hanks, El Paso Saddlery, etc. Durable, keep their shape, and last since they're designed to hold the weight of a gun and reload. Personally, I like the belts from Relentless Tactical Gun Belts - https://relentless-tactical.com/collections/gun-belts.

Cheers
Looks promising my friend! I snooped around and looked at his holsters.

Rudy Vey

Shaving baby skin and turkey necks
We had a member here, Eaglestroker was his forum name. He made me four belts. They are extremely well made and have lasted me now for many years of service. They are pretty much gun belts, so they are sturdy. My only problem is that I lost a bit of weight, actually went from a 42/44 size to 36/38 and also I put more holes in them, they are way too long now. Tried to contact him, but was not successful with this. My favorite of the four is an elephant leather belt. It is my daily belt since I lost all the weight last year.

Top Bottom