What's new

B&B Cologne Available! (UPDATE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, this is awesome. I've been on a personal spending moratorium lately due to saving up for a new house. Once this story broke I got a "buy" to buy. Thanks folks for doing this. I've been waiting to try B&B cologne for over a year!

Okay, so I am ready to order with only one more click. It comes out to $45.89 after tax and I am wondering if it really it worth it. Granted I am a student with only one cologne left and needing to buy more. Is it worth the price and are there others that are preferred for the price?

Thanks guys.

preface- i havent tried it yet

from what everyone has said about it it sounds more like a edp than a edt (it will last a lot longer since you use less per application). at the old price of $27 per 1/2 ounce everyone around here was raving and now it is $35 for a full ounce.

an ounce of this stuff should last a very long time. 10-14 sprays per ml X 30ml= at least 300 sprays. most people say use 1 or 2 sprays. so at least 150 times of wearing it.

gut feeling- go for it and if you dont like it resell on the board here since it will be gone by the end of the day today if not by dinner time.

really a little over a buck a ml is pretty common for most good quality scents.

personally i was very tempted to pick up two of them but i do not want to be a hoarder. i would like as many people to be able to try it as possible.

cheers!
ryan

Anyone remember the price of the cologne when it was forsale the first time?

Based on the decant club's page, it was $26.66 for 15ml. This time the cost is $35 for a full oz. So you're getting double the amount for less than an additional 50% of the original price. It's a better deal.

I did some checking today in anticipation of the release -- seems as though the original offering was $7 for 5ml. Personally, I'm quite impressed with today's 1oz price, particularly given what's been happening to the price of sandalwood EO alone since this scent's original release!

preface- i havent tried it yet

from what everyone has said about it it sounds more like a edp than a edt (it will last a lot longer since you use less per application). at the old price of $27 per 1/2 ounce everyone around here was raving and now it is $35 for a full ounce.

an ounce of this stuff should last a very long time. 10-14 sprays per ml X 30ml= at least 300 sprays. most people say use 1 or 2 sprays. so at least 150 times of wearing it.

gut feeling- go for it and if you dont like it resell on the board here since it will be gone by the end of the day today if not by dinner time.

really a little over a buck a ml is pretty common for most good quality scents.

personally i was very tempted to pick up two of them but i do not want to be a hoarder. i would like as many people to be able to try it as possible.

cheers!
ryan

My bank account is hating you right now. Ordered. :tongue:

What is the history on this "juice"? I have heard about it in legendary terms in the past, is this the same recipe?

Thanks,
Richard

What is the history on this "juice"? I have heard about it in legendary terms in the past, is this the same recipe?

Thanks,
Richard

Identical stuff.

The "histroy" of the scent is that Charles (QED) had sent me a few "new scents" to try, and I came up with a wacky idea to combine several of them that stood out to me. I melted the soaps/scents I wanted and came up with the basic idea/ratio. After much convincing (Charles thought it would smell like donky %$^) he made the stuff, played around with it a bit, and was stunned at how intesting, and exceptionally original/lovely it smelled. He sent me a great story about how he was wearing the cologne and his itallian barber - who he felt was just about the most stylish/hip fella he'd ever met was blown away by the cologne he (Charles) was wearing (B&B) and wanted to know where he could get it. After some fine tuning and sending things back and forth between us, we both happily settled on what you fellas have been enjoying - B&B cologne.

I've got a few other (equally wild/interesting) combo's i've been wanting to develop, but just plumb haven't had the time/energy lately - but I *THINK* based on the EO's and basic mixing I have been doing as experiments... they'd be even better than B&B cologne.

OK, I went ahead and ordered some. I'm an infrequent wearer of cologne, and only own two that I've let my lovely bride pick out for me in the last year or so (T&H 1805 and L'Occitane Vetyver). Since I love the scent of the B&B soap, I've pulled the trigger. I assume I'll have no trouble in finding it a new home if she hates it, right gentlemen? :wink:

Thanks for the work. I ordered some before my post because I have heard nothing but raves from anything you guys put together. Just curious!

Thanks again,
Richard

And for those that are not familiar with this cologne - I've read that it improves as it ages. I'm just damn psyched I was finally able to get in on a lot of this stuff and was pretty amazed that there was stock available into the evening. Thanks again and again folks!

And for those that are not familiar with this cologne - I've read that it improves as it ages. I'm just damn psyched I was finally able to get in on a lot of this stuff and was pretty amazed that there was stock available into the evening. Thanks again and again folks!
Like I said, we knew y'all would hunt us down if it sold out in ten minutes, so we got a fair amount. :wink:

I would definitely be surprised though if it lasts through the weekend.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom