What's new

Blutt Rasur BR-1 Polished / Matte

I just read what you said about Switzerland not being part of the EU, hadn't thought of that. Makes for a pretty rough customs and handling fee. Hope you find a used one!

I have a few friends living and working there, one of which works there only during the winter season and I'm thinking about buying a Blutt and then ship it to his address and then wait for him to come back.

I do the same thing when buying razors from the US and the UK, but instead of them bringing the razor's to me, they ship them as gifts so I won't have to pay neither VAT ot taxes. Things used to be a lot better around two years ago, but now they make you pay for almost anything that you get from outside the EU.

To be clear there won’t be a pass around. On this or any other forum. Pascal is taking a long break to reconsider his options. Sorry.
That’s potentially sad for us shavers. The Blutt BR-1 is one of the best razors ever made, in my opinion, and it was competitively priced for the quality, which to my mind was truly high-end. I’m very glad indeed that I have mine (an original matte one from the second batch and one of the first polished ones).

Last what I found was June 2022 post on Instagram. That looks like long break and interesting if you look at similar artisans like Karve or Lambda they have so big demand and price is no problem for customers.. But production in Switzerland can be very expensive and not so easy to manage.. my guess
Hope to have possibility to buy Blutt razor one day.

That’s potentially sad for us shavers. The Blutt BR-1 is one of the best razors ever made, in my opinion, and it was competitively priced for the quality, which to my mind was truly high-end. I’m very glad indeed that I have mine (an original matte one from the second batch and one of the first polished ones).
Absolutely 100% correct. A superb razor in all aspects. A kind of "Clark Kent" looking razor until you loaded it up and start shaving. Just one of the best razors available...or was available I guess. Which is really too bad for those who don't have one.

Bump!
Anyone know the status of Blutt?
I see they're out of stock on everything.
Are they planning to restock anytime soon?
I signed up to their list several months ago, maybe back around the beginning of spring 2023 (March/April) and everything was sold out with the exception of the mildest .67 plate (plate only, no full razors at all).

I signed up to their list several months ago, maybe back around the beginning of spring 2023 (March/April) and everything was sold out with the exception of the mildest .67 plate (plate only, no full razors at all).
Kind of weird that they come out with a razor that's successful where everyone that buys one loves it and then things go silent.
I don't get it!

It’s still the case. Prompted by your post I just went onto the site and ordered a 0.67 plate while I still can. Haven’t tried it before and I’m much more interested in very mild razors than I used to be. The 1.20 plate has been excellent for me and I found it no less smooth than the 0.99. But a 0.67 will be interesting for me.

It’s still the case. Prompted by your post I just went onto the site and ordered a 0.67 plate while I still can. Haven’t tried it before and I’m much more interested in very mild razors than I used to be. The 1.20 plate has been excellent for me and I found it no less smooth than the 0.99. But a 0.67 will be interesting for me.
Good luck with it. I might want to order one as well but I prefer my recently acquired 1.20 over my .86 I've had for a year. Both shave well but appreciate the higher efficiency. I have enough mild shavers I rarely use already, but might be great to have a mild Blutt plate.

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
When I ordered a second top cap for the 0.86 base plate to have two complete razors, I had no idea my 1.20 and 0.86 BR-1 razors were destined to become “Classic”s. In hindsight, I should have ordered a polished 1.20 when they were released.

The resale price of Blutt razors just shot up.

Whoops. Not my intention if that happens.

This is why Pascal didn't want a pass around. Little point with no inventory to sell to those interested.

I hope I didn't imply the brand is folding. This is not a Charcoal Goods situation. He did say over the summer that the future razors would come with less baseplates. Presumably baseplates like the .67 aren't high volume sellers. I haven't spoken since then so things may be different now.

Is there already a thread for the non-polished version of the Blutt BR-1 razor - and if not, do we need one?

I'm not asking for a friend 😉
It looks like there isn’t. I agree there should be. I think often B&B doesn’t have enough review threads, though that is improving lately. I sometimes have to use other fora for finding razor reviews.

I probably wrote a review of my original Blutt somewhere, but not in a dedicated thread. I definitely remember debating the relative merits of the 0.99 and 1.20 plates somewhere, and it was long before the polished version came out.

When the Blutt came out there were a lot of very strong reviews on other fora, Reddit and YouTube. It was about the same time as the Karve Overlander and there was a very vigorous discussion about whether the Overlander or the Blutt was the greatest razor of all time. That was before the Lambda razors. But even now I would say each of these razors still stands up as a contender for the title, and it was not hype.

Last edited:
Top Bottom