Arko August 2021

Arko the 24'th 7 more to go

Razor Fatip Lo Storto OC
Blade Personna Chrome Platinum-Israel
Brush PAA Peregrino
Soap Arko
Toner Lucky Tiger
AS Pinaud Clubman

Excellent shave today with a razor gifted to me by @nicked78 . This was my first shave with a slant razor and my first shave with an open comb. I used a steep angle and I was rewarded with an irritation free DFS.

Shave 24

Back to the Blackland Dart!

Superb, close shave. And just look at that teeny tiny Arko chunk!

5217D06A-60E1-4A2F-BAFC-82F333F05800.jpeg

I had the 1470 queued up this morning, but at the last moment I pulled out a couple of neglected tools: my LH Adjustable and Omega 10049. These were two of the first pieces of hardware I acquired back in 2008 when I started wetshaving (although these are different specimens) and they always give me a nostalgic vibe. They also work really, really well.

Omega boars and Arko and that Black Beauty are and always were products for the masses, without boasts of royal warrants or exotic fats or titanium. As a 21st century American, even on a modest salary, I enjoy a level of luxury in daily life that royalty could only imagine even a couple of decades ago. But it's easy to imagine a time when a barber boar, an inexpensive soap, and a razor sold at the drugstore were the very best a middle-class man could hope to use. And so they were for me this morning.

Happy Arko August, guys!

ARKO BOARKO 24, 2021
Still going strong 24 straight shaves with ARKO & a boar brush. I’ll admit I changed it up a little today: I did a bowl/face combo lather. It was great and a nice change of pace. I used my Gillette New Short Comb; I like this old razor.
Stay strong, the end is near!
1B2E196F-BAEE-48F6-8E21-0AAA04D444AB.jpeg
62B3A6A7-89E7-420D-892E-E8CE92BE9D7A.jpeg
6EDD94D4-FB74-4F55-811D-889AEBCA24EF.jpeg
6BF2908F-955D-46E7-803D-89ECB4791DE9.jpeg

The Timeless aluminum razor is just wonderfully smooth. Best $50 I ever spent on a razor (well, except for the Henson when it was still $50). This Timeless is just about my favorite razor. (Who am I kidding . . . my favorite razor is really the one I just used).

Speaking of heart's desires, I have turned a corner this month. Arko was my choice, and I really wanted to use it today. It has really grown on me. I have way too many soaps purchased that I have not even tried yet, so I will not be replacing this Arko stick when it is gone. I do have a Derby waiting in the wings, though.

IMG_20210824_121952109.jpg

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Day 25 ARKO August

And now for something completely different.

I have been meaning to try this for a while but was previously hesitant. For a few years now, I have had a Braun M90 electronic shaver that I would take with when I was allowed to travel. This shaver was only rarely used, for emergency service.

The Braun M90 is rated washable but is not supposed to be used with lather. I thought that this morning I would attempt to shave with it using a face-lathered ARKO.

I did normally preparation as I would for my SR shaving but using a very wet lather. I then shaved with the M90 using light pressure.

It was not as much fun shaving with the M90 but, to my surprise, it worked!

The result was not great but I did get a CCS without any skin irritation. If my fading memory serves me correctly, normally the M90 will noticeably irritate my neck.

IMG_20210825_081147.jpg
After this shave, I gave the M90 a good wash out, dry and oiled the cutting head. Goes to show that ARKO works even with an electric.

Last edited:
RAZOR: S.K Colling & Co 5/8"
CREAM: Arko
BRUSH: Jack the Barber Synthetic
STROP: Black Beauty double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Chanel Allure
20210825_083958.jpg
6 Days left.
I have mixed feelings. I love Arko, its smell, the lather but I want to use something different. Its like being a kid and eating Frosty Flakes for a month straight, initially it was a dream but soon turns into a diabetes inspired nightmare/coma.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
6 Days left.
I have mixed feelings. I love Arko, its smell, the lather but I want to use something different. Its like being a kid and eating Frosty Flakes for a month straight, initially it was a dream but soon turns into a diabetes inspired nightmare/coma.
Hang in there. Stay strong. If I can go for 48 hours without shaving, you can do it. Try to mix things up a bit, like shaving with a blade-less shavette or a half-DE blade glued to a popsicle stick or shaving blindfolded or shaving with just your non-dominant hand.

RAZOR: S.K Colling & Co 5/8"
CREAM: Arko
BRUSH: Jack the Barber Synthetic
STROP: Black Beauty double sided hanging leather
AFTERSHAVE: Chanel Allure
View attachment 1316719

6 Days left.

391AAEA4-309B-485F-BA96-F5695B19FFD6.jpeg

Top Bottom