What's new

April 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Ok
I’m out
Purchased from this site B&M X2
I failed you guys. I am sorry for that but I’ll try to enjoy my sin as much as I can.

Preshave: Hot facecloth, Nuage shave oil
Brush: None
Soap: Canned foam (got to use it up)
Razor: Rockwell 6S with R5
Blade: Astra SP (8?, some error in my tracking)
Postshave: Warm rinse, Nivea Sensitive Balm, Modern Brut.

Still in, but the danger on here is reading all those Rockwell 6S threads, where I also read about other (much blingier) alternatives with a circa 0.7mm gap.

A GC 0.68? Maybe even a Timeless 0.68 in Titanium? ;)

I'm culturally pretty well defended, though: Scottish, and living down to my mean stereotype.

Meanwhile, the Rockwell does the job.

Still in.

Despite staying at home, I keep on shaving daily. It gives me a sense of "regularity" during these strange times we live in.

Stay safe and healthy everyone!

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I wish I could break this GRUME but all businesses are closed in Cebu except for food and medical. Can't even buy fuel but all private motor vehicles are banned. Even the post office is closed.

Still in - easily.

Thanks for checking in. Good luck during your bonding time with the Timeless.

I'm learning a Piccolo Mk1 at the moment and plan to give it (at least) two weeks so that I can figure out the nuances, though I might go for up to a month. At that point, I'll know if we're going to get along in the long term. If not, it will go to a new home and I'll still have a fine den of kit that I enjoy.

I understand
Thanks for checking in. Good luck during your bonding time with the Timeless.

I'm learning a Piccolo Mk1 at the moment and plan to give it (at least) two weeks so that I can figure out the nuances, though I might go for up to a month. At that point, I'll know if we're going to get along in the long term. If not, it will go to a new home and I'll still have a fine den of kit that I enjoy.

Hope the Piccolo works out for you. I picked up an Mk 2 from Maggards just before the GRUME started but haven't used it yet. I'd heard the Mk 2 was a little milder so went with that over the Mk 1. Going to give the Timeless the next 30 days of shaves in case I don't like it but I don't see that happening.

I wish I could break this GRUME but all businesses are closed in Cebu except for food and medical. Can't even buy fuel but all private motor vehicles are banned. Even the post office is closed.

Still in - easily.

Now that's a serious shutdown. Makes what we're doing in the US look like child's play. Stay safe!

I'm still in! After the last page or so that doesn't look right, but it's true.

We who remain can do this! C'mon gentlemen, it's not that bad! We all of us have lots of amazing gear. This is the time to get to know it well. And clear out valuable real estate in our dens for what all we're going to get May 1! We can do it! Be strong!

Fred D

Member of The Illiterati
Still in
Palm Sunday Shave.

Razor: Rockwell 6S
Blade: Astra SS
Cream: TOBS Sandalwood
Brush: Razorock Monster 26mm synthetic

Attachments

• 20200405_103604_kindlephoto-4449992.jpg
    20200405_103604_kindlephoto-4449992.jpg
    509.1 KB · Views: 2
Still in. SOTD - 05 APR 2020

SOTD 04052020.jpg

Brush
- Oumo 2020 LE
Lather - Fine L'Orange Noir
Razor - Razorock Mamba 53
Blade - Dorco ST300 (1)
Post-shave - Razorock alum block

Good shave but that alum block stung a lot. My skin is left tender for daily shaving this week. I'll definitely give my skin a break tomorrow. No temptations today as I am enjoying a lot of past acquisitions. Also, I "restored" a rudy vey handle and put a nice synthetic knot in it. I'll be using it as soon as the epoxy solidifies.

Ok
I’m out
Purchased from this site B&M X2
I failed you guys. I am sorry for that but I’ll try to enjoy my sin as much as I can.
I really like B&M soaps and I hope you enjoy them. As usual, please feel free to play along at home and I hope to see you again next month.

And, when a brother falls, it’s time for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @Stuart Ganis
3) @Schnitzel52
4) @GaryTha
5) @Timeclo
6) @RTM
7) @Sotiris_A
8) Wgg2017 - out (4/1: B&M Nordost, Timeless Ti .95 SB)
9) @RookieGuy
10) @02flhtci
11) @Chandu
12) fhalden - out (4/3: Pinaud Clubman Reserve x3)
13) @Cino
14) @lightfoot
15) @rbscebu
16) RigelDust out (4/4: Barrister & Mann x2)
17) @Fred D
18) @Billy T.
19) @DCRIII
20) @Roedeer
21) Chef455 - out (4/3: Timeless .68)
22) @Flintstone65
23) @Tomo

Nooooooooo!!!! I'm blown already. Couldn't pass up a Timeless .68 on the BST. So pathetic. I'll enjoy reading your adventures. See you in May...
Ouch, but that's one of the things that's gnawing away at my self-control, too. Memo to self: Must Not Look At BST...

Commiserations, Chef455, and enjoy!

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Still in, I think. A razor just arrive in a Pass-Around (it started in October and I was/am #15)....I can't see how it would break my GRUME, but I will have to pay postage to send it on to the next shaver; so @FoolishMortal, I think I'm going to need some guidance....am I in or out? I just re-read the rules, and since I'm spending money to send this to another shaver to use and enjoy, I'm assuming Pass-Around's are in-bounds. But I will defer to management on this.

While I await the "call", I'll assume I'm still in and will say that the Pass-Around is for a Timeless SS set (.68 and .95 -- scalloped and safety-bars). It is very generous of a B&B member to let so many of us try this out. It was my first shave, and if you're interested in one of my TLDR review posts, you can find it here: Timeless Tour Pass-Around. The short version is it was a VERY nice shave, and I'll re-post the pic here so you can see the equipment....
The soap was SV Felce, the brush Elite Razor's Manchurian Badger in Jadeite handle, and the Timeless .68 is carrying a brand new Nacet.
proxy.php

Preshave: Hot facecloth, Nuage shave oil
Brush: None
Soap: Canned foam (got to use it up)
Razor: Rockwell 6S with R5
Blade: The legendary Personna P74
Postshave: Warm rinse, Nivea Sensitive Balm, Modern Brut.

I got a very good shave.

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
I'm a simple SR shaver. This morning was normal cold water wash and rinse, Proraso green (Italian) to my Muhle hjm badger brush (German) then face lathered. Two passes WTG and XTG using the Titan 1918 ACRO (Taiwanese) and finished off with a splash of Clarifiance (Cebu, Philippines).

IMG_20200406_124700.jpg

Last edited:
Top Bottom