What's new

April 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Hi @Tomo -- I think this is the list you wanted to use.

1)FoolishMortal
2)Stuart Ganis
3)Schnitzel52
4)GaryTha
5)Timeclo
6)RTM
7)Sotiris_A
8)Wgg2017 -- OUT
9)RookieGuy
10) 02flhtci
11)Chandu
12) fhalden
13) Cino
14) lightfoot
15) rbscebu
16) Rigeldust
17) Fred D
18) Billy T
19) DCRIII
20) Roedeer
21) Chef455
22) Flintstone65
23) Tomo
Thanks - you just beat me to it!

Welcome, @Tomo.

Maybe I'm not cut out for the restraint. I saw the three new Clubmans and ordered them without a second thought. My apologies!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
This morning was a two-pass shave WTG and XTG using just one hand (for China Shaver).

Proraso green cream
Gowing Bros. Sydney, badger brush
Titan 1918 ACRM-2 SR
Clarifiance splash after

All went surprisingly well with a DFS result.

Still in.

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Nooooooooo!!!! I'm blown already. Couldn't pass up a Timeless .68 on the BST. So pathetic. I'll enjoy reading your adventures. See you in May...

rbscebu

Girls call me Makaluod
Falling like flies:

1) FoolishMortal
2) Stuart Ganis
3) Schnitzel52
4) GaryTha
5) Timeclo
6) RTM
7) Sotiris_A
8) Wgg2017 - OUT
9) RookieGuy
10) 02flhtci
11) Chandu
12) fhalden - OUT
13) Cino
14) lightfoot
15) rbscebu
16) Rigeldust
17) Fred D
18) Billy T
19) DCRIII
20) Roedeer
21) Chef455 - OUT
22) Flintstone65
23) Tomo

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
I feel a role call coming, so I'll just say it now....still in! Today's shave was a comparison of a US-Made Pal Injectomatic (Dark Gray Handle) and a British-Made Pal Injectomatic (Light Gray handle). The verdict....too close to call, but I will say that if push-came-to-shove, I'd probably give a slight edge to the US razor. Usually the British win hands down for me (New RFB vs SC/LC New; Popular vs Sheraton/Senator; Flat-Bottom Tech vs US-made Tech), but the US version of this razor has a slightly bigger head, and slightly thicker handle....and the razor ever-so-slightly edged out it's British competitor ergonomically for me. That said, the shave results felt pretty dead-even. All in all, I still prefer most of my Shicks/Eversharps over these PALs, but that's just me.

The soap was Ogallala Bay Rum -- first time using it, and I'm now a fan!!! The brush is a Elite Razor real-stone handle (Lapis Lazuli) with a 2-Band Badger.....I LOVE this brush. So it was a fun day in the shave cave today. Here's the proverbial pic:
proxy.php

Preshave: Hot facecloth, Nuage shave oil
Brush: None
Soap: Canned foam
Razor: Rockwell 6S with R5
Blade: Astra SP (6)
Postshave: Warm rinse, and...

Nivea 2-Phase. That stuff stung like hell, on a face that was enjoying a near BBS.

I won't use that two days in a row, however slick it made me feel.

Still in! SOTD - 03 APR 2020

SOTD 04032020.jpg

Brush
- Motherlode Synthetic
Lather - Stirling Noir sample (8)
Razor - Razorock Mamba 53
Blade - Astra SP (5)
Post-shave - Thayer's WH Rose

Great shave today. I've been shaving daily for most of this week but still haven't gotten major irritations. That's a major plus. I definitely chose the brush for the least amount of irritations. Stay safe out there!

Maybe I'm not cut out for the restraint. I saw the three new Clubmans and ordered them without a second thought. My apologies!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
No apologies needed, and sorry to call you out like that. I just saw that thread, then this one, and...yeah. Please pop in to give us some reviews when you can.
Nooooooooo!!!! I'm blown already. Couldn't pass up a Timeless .68 on the BST. So pathetic. I'll enjoy reading your adventures. See you in May...
I hope you enjoy it. Deals can be tough to pass up, which is why I rarely venture into the BST unless I’m trying to make a trade.

Gents, please feel free to play along at home and I hope to see you again next month.

And, when a brother (or two) falls, it’s time - as @Flintstone65 predicted - for...

Roll Call!

1) @FoolishMortal
2) @Stuart Ganis
3) @Schnitzel52
4) @GaryTha
5) @Timeclo
6) @RTM
7) @Sotiris_A
8) Wgg2017 - out (4/1: B&M Nordost, Timeless Ti .95 SB)
9) @RookieGuy
10) @02flhtci
11) @Chandu
12) fhalden - out (4/3: Pinaud Clubman Reserve x3)
13) @Cino
14) @lightfoot
15) @rbscebu
16) @RigelDust
17) @Fred D
18) @Billy T.
19) @DCRIII
20) @Roedeer
21) Chef455 - out (Timeless .68)
22) @Flintstone65
23) @Tomo

Gentlemen,
Today was one of them good ones. EJ89 with Croma Diamant #2, Núavia Rosso with EJ Silvertip, and cold splash and alum to wrap it up.

PS. And still in, of course.

Still in! SOTD - 04 APR 2020

SOTD 04042020.jpg

Brush - Oumo 2020 LE
Lather - Stirling Noir (9)
Razor - Razorock Mamba 53
Blade - Astra SP (6)
Post-shave - Thayer's WH Rose

Great shave. Enjoying the new brush (Ordered early MAR). It's got mid scrub so I do have to be careful face lathering. I was tempted slightly today at new brush drops but I am not touching anywhere near the cart this month. Hopefully next month as well.

I'm out of the April GRUME but I did use the titanium Timeless .95 SB for the first time today. It wasn't quite as smooth wtg as my Karve with C plate but it was smoother atg than the Karve, which was strange. I probably need to get used to the proper angle with the Timeless when going wtg. No irritation or nicks at all and a very smooth shave.

I didn't use the Nordost but it does smell very good. It's not a fresh orange scent but more of a dried out orange scent. I don't regret getting the soap or razor and there's always the May GRUME to look forward to. I think I'll make it through that one if for no other reason than I'm out of room for anything else in my small bathroom.

Good luck to everyone for the rest of the month!

I'm out of the April GRUME but I did use the titanium Timeless .95 SB for the first time today. It wasn't quite as smooth wtg as my Karve with C plate but it was smoother atg than the Karve, which was strange. I probably need to get used to the proper angle with the Timeless when going wtg. No irritation or nicks at all and a very smooth shave.

I didn't use the Nordost but it does smell very good. It's not a fresh orange scent but more of a dried out orange scent. I don't regret getting the soap or razor and there's always the May GRUME to look forward to. I think I'll make it through that one if for no other reason than I'm out of room for anything else in my small bathroom.

Good luck to everyone for the rest of the month!
Thanks for checking in. Good luck during your bonding time with the Timeless.

I'm learning a Piccolo Mk1 at the moment and plan to give it (at least) two weeks so that I can figure out the nuances, though I might go for up to a month. At that point, I'll know if we're going to get along in the long term. If not, it will go to a new home and I'll still have a fine den of kit that I enjoy.

Top Bottom