What's new

April 2020 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

Still in, I think. A razor just arrive in a Pass-Around (it started in October and I was/am #15)....I can't see how it would break my GRUME, but I will have to pay postage to send it on to the next shaver; so @FoolishMortal, I think I'm going to need some guidance....am I in or out? I just re-read the rules, and since I'm spending money to send this to another shaver to use and enjoy, I'm assuming Pass-Around's are in-bounds. But I will defer to management on this.
No worries, Fred. All good! Carry on...

Still in. I just knotted a brush yesterday and had a fantastic lathering session with it today.

Rudy Vey R7 w/ Oumo 4th Gen Synthetic

IMG_20200406_140618483~2.jpg
IMG_20200406_143153504~2.jpg

Still in. I just knotted a brush yesterday and had a fantastic lathering session with it today.

Rudy Vey R7 w/ Oumo 4th Gen Synthetic

View attachment 1083567 View attachment 1083568
Oh, that's very handsome! I have a few vintage handles (one rubber, two resin) that I need to re-knot, but I know next to nothing about how to do it properly. I would also need to get the knots and the epoxy, though I suppose I could do that on May 1.

Oh, that's very handsome! I have a few vintage handles (one rubber, two resin) that I need to re-knot, but I know next to nothing about how to do it properly. I would also need to get the knots and the epoxy, though I suppose I could do that on May 1.
I struggled a lot because I didn't have the right tools. The previous knot got stuck in the handle and I had to drill with a spade bit. Not a fun experience... For knots, Maggard's has some great synthetic options and you can get epoxy in any hardware store. I got mine from nearby Home Depot.

Still in but the Feather AS-D2 will be going on BST once I’m out of isolation. I can’t get the hang of this razor. Not efficient enough for my current taste.

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Still in with a GEMonday shave using a GEM Junior Bar with a modern GEM SS PTFE (12) blade. Soap was Haslinger's Honig and lathered with an Omega 10777 Boar brush.
proxy.php

I struggled a lot because I didn't have the right tools. The previous knot got stuck in the handle and I had to drill with a spade bit. Not a fun experience... For knots, Maggard's has some great synthetic options and you can get epoxy in any hardware store. I got mine from nearby Home Depot.
Thanks. I will probably just give it a go. What’s the worst that could happen? :whistling:

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Still in but the Feather AS-D2 will be going on BST once I’m out of isolation. I can’t get the hang of this razor. Not efficient enough for my current taste.

So I blew my GRUME in the first few days for a Timeless .68.... Might I get a jump on that AS-D2? Just asking... :cornut:

So I blew my GRUME in the first few days for a Timeless .68.... Might I get a jump on that AS-D2? Just asking... :cornut:
Sometimes you’ve gotta do what you gotta do. Send me a PM with your shipping details. I’ll work out the postage and give you first dibs once I’m back at home.

Working round the clock. Going home, sleeping off and back to work. Tonight I got a breezer, half a day off. If I'm going to tell you how much I will enjoy tonight's shave I probably won't have time to shave. Gonna go full monty with all the trimmings - hot towel, scrub and hot towel again. Núavia Rosso and fresh Bolzano blade.

Still in. SOTD - 07 APR 2020

SOTD 04072020.jpg

Brush - Rudy Vey R7
Lather - Stirling Noir sample (10)
Razor - Razorock Old Type
Blade - Dorco ST300 (2)
Post-shave - Stirling WH Tea Tree

What a shave. I enjoyed every single piece of equipment I used today. The brush has that classic R7 look that is easy to hold. The knot performs wonderfully and feels soft on the face. Everything else just fell in its place and I had a great BBS minus result. Let's continue to enjoy the shaves!

Working round the clock. Going home, sleeping off and back to work. Tonight I got a breezer, half a day off. If I'm going to tell you how much I will enjoy tonight's shave I probably won't have time to shave. Gonna go full monty with all the trimmings - hot towel, scrub and hot towel again. Núavia Rosso and fresh Bolzano blade.
Cheers and best of luck. If you don't mind sharing, what do you do?

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Had another shave with the pass-around Timeless -- this time with a .68 Scallop Head and my Stork titanium Tradere-style handle. Also switched up blades, this time it was an Astra. Soap was Meissner Tremonia Exotic Elemi and it was lathered with a Yaqi 26mm faux horse in rainbow handle. The net net was a better shave than with the heavier Timeless stainless steel handle....I also like the Astra better than the Nacet for this razor....and the scallop head felt "smoother" than then the plain safety bar version. A long way of saying that it was an awesome 2-pass shave with DFS+ results.
proxy.php

SOTD
  • Fatip Piccolo
  • Nacet (12)
  • Antica Barbieria Colla
  • Maggard 24mm Synthetic
  • WH w/menthol, LTFT
  • Stirling Bay Rum ASB
  • Vintage Avon Bay Rum AS

Still in.

I had a great face lather with my Oumo 2020 LE brush and Lucky Tiger shave cream. The brush is slightly scrubby for my taste though. I'm reserving it for heavy growth or will pass on later on. I'm planning to face lathe/face wash on days where I'm not shaving to maintain my skin health. It also gives a reason to face lather and enjoy building up loads of creamy lather. :c9:

Top Bottom