What's new

An affordable adjustable

So my brother just agreed to try a safety razor again. He said the last one didn't agree with his face. Any recommendations on an adjustable, including anything in the BST?

Thanks in advance.

Sent via Tapatalk

So my brother just agreed to try a safety razor again. He said the last one didn't agree with his face. Any recommendations on an adjustable, including anything in the BST?

Thanks in advance.

Sent via Tapatalk
A Gillette Slim can usually be found in good shape for 25-30.

Chinese Futur clone, i have Qshave. Ridiculously good price (8 USD was mine), easy to use, not too massive, about 85g. It is a bit bulky, but i had no problem with this. And it looks modern, if that's his thing.

Послато са Redmi Note 3 уз помоћ Тапатока

Chinese Futur clone, i have Qshave. Ridiculously good price (8 USD was mine), easy to use, not too massive, about 85g. It is a bit bulky, but i had no problem with this. And it looks modern, if that's his thing.

Послато са Redmi Note 3 уз помоћ Тапатока
A clone is a good idea. Thanks.

Sent via Tapatalk

I would say definitely a Slim. But it depends on your brother's attitude toward using vintage shaving gear. Sometimes we forget that to most people outside of the traditional wet shaving community there is a strong "Eww" reaction to shaving with used razors.

If that's your brother, then the Futur clone is the way to go. Not my first choice recommendation to people beginning because the head is massive and can be tricky under the nose. Because of this, someone new to the DE might tend to make unwise movements resulting in cuts on the upper lip. Cuts on the lip can be a real buzz killer.

I would say definitely a Slim. But it depends on your brother's attitude toward using vintage shaving gear. Sometimes we forget that to most people outside of the traditional wet shaving community there is a strong "Eww" reaction to shaving with used razors.

If that's your brother, then the Futur clone is the way to go. Not my first choice recommendation to people beginning because the head is massive and can be tricky under the nose. Because of this, someone new to the DE might tend to make unwise movements resulting in cuts on the upper lip. Cuts on the lip can be a real buzz killer.
Also, the clone on the low setting is still very aggressive with a wide blade gap, but the Gillette slim is very mild on the lowest setting, but can be made aggressive if you want. I own both and my Gillette was bought new when I was 16--ages ago.

Thanks in advance.

Sent via Tapatalk

PM me your address and I will PIF him/you a user grade 1964 (J4) Slim. The plating on the handle is dull, brassing on the underside of the head and the TTO knob is slightly loose. However, everything locks down tight and the adjustments work as they should. She definitely will not win any beauty contests, but she will shave fine.

If you are not interested, no harm.
E975BCAC-D6BF-4015-83D5-02AAB797CB71.jpeg C0CC58DE-609E-45D8-899A-FDEB649D8E99.jpeg A27480FC-618D-4AEA-91AD-1C1EC3946E9E.jpeg 7AAB2D4D-C732-40E8-A4CB-6FD145C54805.jpeg 1E2F5429-CD45-4DFA-92D4-C9426844033C.jpeg

PM me your address and I will PIF him/you a user grade 1964 (J4) Slim. The plating on the handle is dull, brassing on the underside of the head and the TTO knob is slightly loose. However, everything locks down tight and the adjustments work as they should. She definitely will not win any beauty contests, but she will shave fine.

View attachment 864144 View attachment 864145 View attachment 864146 View attachment 864147 View attachment 864148

Classy and full of character! Way to go @ccpastork!

Great offer for you @Lightcs1776!

View attachment 864144 View attachment 864145 View attachment 864146 View attachment 864147 View attachment 864148
Nice gesture Kevin!

Wow, that is really generous. I will send you his information later this morning. Thank you!

Sent via Tapatalk

Classy move @ccpastork I was actually going thru my razors in my mind trying to remember if I had a spare Slim to send as I was reading down these posts. As I read your post I was reminded why we have such an awesome community/forum here. Congratulations to both.

very righteous, dude!

Top Bottom