age of DE razor users ?

Age ?

• 20-30

• 30-40

• 40-50

• 50-60

• 60+

Results are only viewable after voting.
42, I tried DE shaving several years ago and had no success. I found B&B last month and have had wonderful success and am now hooked.

Started with a DE at 13. Over the years, fell victim to the Gillette propaganda machine, but as my wife bought my blades when she shopped, I was blissfully ignorant the Gillette people were ripping me off. Went through sticker shock about 2 years ago. I'm back to DE and am using a STTR8.

Eat death, Gillette!

It's all cool.:cool: These results actually aren't that surprising. I can't picture my parents(mid 40s) posting on an internet forum.

What generation do you think invented the darn things?
:lol:

I'm 47, been doing this (FidoNet/Internet fora) since I was 30 or so.

I have been shaving with DE for three years and just starting straights.

24 and have been DE shaving for a month or so and waiting on my straight to be sent so I can find out which I prefer.

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I am very suprised by this thread also... I was expecting the average to be between 40-50... Maybe 30-40... It's good to see this! Thanks for voting Gents!

I noticed that. What - men under 20 don't shave?

Well, I have shave since I was about 14, and pretty much every day since I was 15, and I think most men under 20 do shave, at least sometimes. (Of course I see that it wasn't really a question).

However, not to count the 19 year old man in this page (there migt be some more, I has'nt read all the pages) I do know at least one more 20- DE user on this forum (and thats Superstar),

//Axel

I'm a month shy of 28, have been DE shaving only about three weeks, and am also pretty surprised to see the number of younger posters. Then again, I have seen this in other fora like FPN and I'm glad to find the company in my age group.

The more I think of it, though, the more mature set that has been DE shaving for years probably doesn't need much help or guidance that we younger guys/gals have been looking for. They've just been waiting for us newbies to get a clue and join in the fun. :001_smile

I'm 25, 26 in a month and a half...

I remember my father using DE's when I was a little kid. He eventually switched when he couldn't find any razors any more. But he always used the canned goo to shave with. no brush.

I was always dreading shaving in the mornings... and I hated every new Razor that came out. I've tried electrics too... and they were worse for my skin with more bumps and irritation. I just couldn't find a way around it all...

Until I remembered what my father used, and I spent like a day or two searching though google and amazon for what I later found out to be a Double Edge Safety Razor!

It is really great to see a younger population here on the forums. I wonder if it is just because it is an internet forum. I'm not saying people that are my elder in years are not tech saavy... but I can see how most wouldn't want to bother finding some place using a computer that supports their hobby or habits. We are Enthusiasts!

It is too bad there is no sub-20 category to this poll. I get the feeling the age groups are pretty much evened out, especially when you take into account that probably there is a domination of younger people using internet fora.
Maybe there should be a sub-10 category also; my 7 year old son is using my brush, razor (without the blade in) and soap too on a regular bases and he really can't wait to get started for real. His first razor is waiting for him in my cabinet and he is showing it to everybody visiting us.

Top Bottom