age of DE razor users ?

Age ?

• 20-30

• 30-40

• 40-50

• 50-60

• 60+

Results are only viewable after voting.
38.7521 according to my son. Most days feel like i'm 50, last trip to the sand beat me up. I'm pleasantly surprised by the results so far. There is hope after all.

I still use a butterfly DE with Feather blades and only strayed once back in the 80's when I tried one of the twin blade injectors for about a week because my DE at the time broke and I grabbed what I could at the exchange quickly and they did not have a DE in stock. When I found another DE I bought immediately and have stayed loyal since.:w00t:
Nothing strengthens your love for wet shaving like switching back to a cartridge blade. When I started wet shaving, I thought it was nice, but since trying a cartridge again, I apologized to my DE for straying. It was generous enough to take me back.

Going to be 29.

In regards to using brush and soap: I started around November of last year. In regards to using a safety razor over cartridge, since I was around 22. The inspiration came from seeing my father use a safety razor growing up.

I'm 53. Started off with a DE but switched in the navy. Wouldn't let us have them in boot camp, the thinking was to prevent anybody from committing suicide with the blade. I guess it was the Atra that we used back then in '75. Actually used brush and soap off and on for quite a few years when I wasn't in a rush. Used the Old Spice soap in the mug, plus there was Aramis and of course Williams. Didn't go back to DE shaving til last year. My beard has toughened up over the years. and the multiblades weren't doing it for me. Face was all red and splotched from shaving. Bought a Merkur #125 in May of last year and haven't turned back.

20 as as of april and I started wet shaving right around my birthday this past year. I got into it because the cartridge razors where causing acne, mad razor burn on my neck, and electric razors suck (I couldn't stand looking like a hobbo any longer!):biggrin: plus the cartridge razors would chew my face to hell, so I stumbled on the mantic videos and jumped in with both feet... haven't looked back.

I'm wondering if the large number of younger folks here has something to do with the heat of some of the discussions?

When it comes to my age, I've been around, but not so much that I've gotten dizzy.

I'm wondering if the large number of younger folks here has something to do with the heat of some of the discussions?

My experience on various forums shows that it's usually the older ones that get into heated discussions.

Top Bottom