What's new

Aftershaves The Wife Likes You To Wear

My Mrs. loves ALL the Fine aftershaves, but especially American Blend.

I'm fortunate that she is also an Old Spice fan. She likes Barbasol Pacific Rush too.

She LOATHES Tabac.

So, my wife and I went to the local Mueller's (German version of Walgreen's kinda) and I found some Palmolive Stick for 75 cents Euro.... very nice... and there was Tabac.. a stick for only 5.99 Euro.. since I've heard so much about it here, I dove for it. She stopped me in mid-leap.... "NO! I hate that stuff." says she.... it turns out that the smell of it reminds her of her ex.... needless to say, I did not buy it... but she did get me a nice bottle of SebaMed.. very like Nivea sensitive.

She also had very harsh words about my new Crown Balm.... :001_huh: that may be going away... and at $28 a bottle, that hurts.

But she does like the Stirling Barbershop. her favorite so far.

She likes most, old spice (new) stands out. Vintage OS too I'm sure but i havent used that one as long. Floid suave has gotten good reviews too.

Last edited:
I'm single... but the last girl I dated LOVED old spice (current production) on me. And she was in her young 20's. Not sure I wore any other, once I found out she really liked OS, I just used it constantly. :)

I love all the attention I get, from the wifey, when I wear Old Spice, Pinaud Clubman, and my generic Aqua Velva.
There is something to be said about the classic scents, and memories they trigger.
She says it reminds her of her childhood at her grandparents house, when she was a child, living near Manic Mountain, in California. She said those were the happiest times of her life. Her grandfather wore this stuff, when she grew up.

Tabac is her clear favorite, but she also likes XXX, Floid Blue, and Speick.

Edit: I almost forgot - she likes Fine American Blend a lot too!

Last edited:
It's funny, My wife is pregnant now and scents are very sensitive to her. The faintest smell of something she doesnt like will set her off gagging. But here is my list.

Fine Fresh Vetiver
Fine American Blend
Speick
Stephen's Bay Rum

Dislikes:
Pinaud Clubman
Pinaud Bay Rum
RR XXX
Fine Clean Vetiver
Aqua Velva

Last edited:
The wife loves the scent of Kramperts Finest Frostbite AS, but unfortunately it is horrible for my skin... Otherwise she likes pretty much everything from Ogallala

Part my wet shaving journey has been trying to find aftershave scents my bride likes. She has a super sensitive nose, so it's been a long road.

Loves: Boellis Panama 1924 (this stuff is amazing, and I am surprised how little I see it mentioned)

Tolerates: See my wiki for everything else

Dislikes: Tabac, Nag Champa

My wife told me she likes Old Spice (I have the Family Dollar Spice aftershave), because her grandfather wore it. But the only time she's commented on my aftershave was when I used the Veg--she told me to wash it off--and when I splashed on my recently purchased Masters Impulse--she told me I smelled nice.

She bought me Hypnose aftershave by Lancôme and I try to use it occasionally. But I'm not sure she likes it.

My wife likes pretty much everything I wear, but she particularly likes Aqua Velva and Skin Bracer. Clubman a close third.

The two that she loathed were Hai Karate and Pinaud Napoleon/Special Reserve. She didn't much care for vintage Old Spice but did like the modern OS and tolerated the Vi-Jonn version.

Now my girlfriend is a sucker for Pinaud Bay Rum. It helps cover up the scent of her perfume when I go home to my wife. :lol:

Vive la France!

Top Bottom