What's new

Aftershaves The Wife Likes You To Wear

My wife loves Clubman, Brut, Aqua Velva, Tabac, Special Reserve. Lilac Vegetal, Fine American Blend, Fine L'Orange Noir.

She's okay with most of my other scents, except that she hates all things Bay Rum. Can't have everything, I guess. :blink:

--Bob

Of those I have currently...

Really likes: Speick, Old Spice Original, Proraso
Tolerates: Tabac
Doesn't like: Captain's Choice CO9T, VIBR

It really makes me sad about the bottom two. :( Oh well, she only gets them twice every nine days.

The Mrs. likes:
TOBS Jermyn ST.
Maggard's London Barbershop.
Gillette Blue Goop (which is actually good)

She doesn't like Ogallalla Bay rum (with or without sandlewood) which is one of my favorites. I love it on her though.

She uses DR Harris Arlington.

Wife loves Gillette Coolwave on me (glass bottle, made in France). Scent is similar to the Gillette AS gel which comes in the small blue plastic bottle. She pretty much goes nuts over Coolwave.

She tolerates all the others (Brut, Skin Bracer, Clubman, etc) but can't stand Osage Rub. No big deal for me, as I prefer to use OR on my hair while showering instead of using it as an AS. For me, adding menthol crystals to my favorite AS is preferable to using OR so I'm good to go in that regard.

Last edited:
1) C & S No. 88

2) Tabac

3) Clubman/ Original

She does not like at all Skin Bracer. I regret that because I grew up with it and like it.

The wife goes shave shopping with me, so everything that gets brought home has already been given the nod. The stuff that seems be asked for most as of lately are -

Soap commander - grapefruit, passion
Maggards - limes and bergamot
RazoRock - original aftershave wax
Ogallala - Bay rum and vanilla (which we were given and just received today, good lookin peterwinkle!)

OkieStubble

Dirty Donuts are so Good.
My wife likes:

AV Ice Blue
AV Musk
Skin Bracer
Bootlegger's Perfecto
Bootlegger's El Dorado
Tabac
Shulton Old Spice Fresh Lime
British Sterling
Vintage Avon Mesmerize