What's new

Aftershaves The Wife Likes You To Wear

I've tried three times. Captains Choice Bay Rum. It smelled so bad, to me, that I had to wash it off. I tried guys, but the bay rum isn't for me, or anyone else in the household.
On a brighter note, the Florida Water is starting to get some attention, it's growing on everyone.

Caswell-Massey Jockey Club. My wife and 21-year-old daughter both love it. My go-to aftershave is Pinaud Clubman, and SWMBO really likes that one, too.

JFK's favorite too. Excellent choice sir!

I'm a history enthusiast, and that's actually the reason I started using it. I figured his taste in such matters would be pretty good, and I was right. I'll keep using it, but mainly for special occasions; I wear it to church, for example, and when I take SWMBO or my daughter out for dinner. I'd wear it nearly every day if it were as inexpensive as the Clubman I usually splash on in the morning (and intermittently throughout the day).

Last edited:
L'Occitane L'Occitan... That is the list. She can live with CADE, Stirling Barbershop is too powdery for her, Stirling Sandalwood is too "dry" smelling, Clubman makes me smell too mature. She really likes the smell of the Stirling Coco Forest, but I missed out on the AS or ASB.

4711. Which is nice because I love it too.

Funny story, I have almost an infinite quantity of 4711 Portugal now. My wife had bought a liter refill of the hair tonic to try, and decided it wasn't for her; I saw it and was like, "GIMMEH!"

It turns out the hair tonic works just fine as an aftershave, and smells the same. So now I have a liter of it.

Pinaud Lime Sec. Ironic, in that she made hates all the other Pinaud products and replaced them with more expensive brands before deciding she liked the LS best.

Mine likes L'Occitane Cade.

proxy.php

JFK had an affinity for colognes and aftershaves. He probably had one for every gal in his life. Maybe Jockey Club was what Jackie liked, and 4711 was what Marilyn liked...

I remember reading also that he used a lot of Floris 89 after reading From Russia With Love. I think he fancied himself the secret agent type. Wonder if he ever tried the Pinaud Elixer shampoo?

Marilyn's favorite fragrance is said to have been Chanel No. 5, so there may have been a whiff or two of that on JFK's shirt collar from time to time.

Top Bottom