What's new

Acquisitions November 15 - November 21

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just scored this little beauty.

The writing on it is almost gone but it says: Victoria and "Rein Dachs" which means its made of pure badger hair.

My first butterscotch, before I couldn't understand what the fuss was about - now I know :001_wub:

That is one sweet brush...Nice snag!

Simpsons Duke 3 in best (from poojaji - thanks!) - what a great brush! (used it this a.m. - reminiscent of my departed Rooney 1/1 in best).
proxy.php

and a couple of interesting specimens...

A Titterton:
proxy.php

Vitals:
handle: 49mm high
loft: 49mm
knot: 20mm

Designated "H250" on the handle. I have no idea what the hair is! Horsehair? It's very skritchy. I'm may try to break it in a little before I decide to re-knot it. It's a very cool little brush.

and this no-name travel brush:
proxy.php

this thing is tiny! vitals:
handle: 34mm high
loft: 43mm
knot: 18mm

The knot is very stiff boar bristle - not really a user, I think, but the heavy plastic (toroise-shellish bakelite?) displays very nice.

Last edited:
I recently have a RAD going for Schick injectors. I still want to get the metal F1 from the 1940s. I did just get this metal one. I think its from the 1970s...

Picked up the Rooney 3/2 from Jim at Vintage Blades and the 34G with an Irish Bog Oak handle from Bob Quinn at Elite Razors.

Dick

Won this via Best Offer on eBay earlier today, $13.60 shipped. Set appears complete, though I'm told this is a british set, so I believe the case is incorrect. Additionally this is the version that you cannot modify blades for, so it'll be NOS only. I believe there are a few NOS blades in the carrier, and I will be looking for additional NOS blades in the future. May need to pick up a small hone, though. At the very least, it is an interesting and mechanically appealing display piece.

Click for full size - Uploaded with plasq's Skitch

nice autostrop. If you cant find NOS blades you can always modify SE blades to fit

Thanks and thanks, but I'm told this is the version that you cannot modify blades for. More accurately, Dave's tutorial video covers the other version, and says it was too much of a hassle to make them for this version. If Dave gave up, I shouldn't even start :lol:

proxy.php

Yves Saint Laurent Rive Gauche Pour Homme

proxy.php

Penworks 22mm Finest

proxy.php

From The Perfumed Court
  • Creed Bois Du Portugal
  • Santa Maria Novella Acqua di Cuba
  • Creed Royal English Leather

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom