What's new

Acquisitions Monday August 21th - Sunday August 27th

Hello All,

A very modest eBay win - a mint Schick injector w/4 blade cartridge. The other cartridge is a Ted Pella with 20 injector blades for $4.50.

Will give it a go this weekend and see how the Schick-Pella combo works.

Cheers,
Richard
Plano TX

full

Last edited by a moderator:
I have never seen the appeal of the injector until I saw your photo just now. For some reason it makes good shaving sense to me. One of these days I'll have to jump into the injector pool and see how it goes. Thanks for posting the pic.

Arrived on Thursday:

3 bottles of my favourite SWISS PITRALON...:001_tt1: :001_tt1: :wink2: :wink2:

Picture will follow if interested in...

Thomas

My bride showed up with a great stack of fluffy white "shave" towels last night! What a doll!:biggrin:

Here's what I bought yesterday:

full

From left to right: an old non rebranded block of pure Marseille soap (palmoil based) from 300grammes. Marseille soaps are still widely sold but typically rebranded by other manufacturers. I received this one actually as a gift by a friend who knows how much I love this soap. I love the fact that the weight itself is "printed" into the soap block itself (you can see it on the left side that is visible).

Then my new lathering bowl in the middle and on the right it's my can in which I will let my badger brushes soak while I'm taking a shower. I placed my EJ medium best badger brush in the bowl to give you an idea on the size of the piece of soap, the lathering bowl and the can.

The lathering bowl is in fact a spaghetti bowl which should be used in the oven but it looked like the perfect lathering bowl due to good looks of it and in my opinion a very good size. The can itself should not be placed in the oven but was made to maintain hot liquids to good temperature. The materials of these two are made to retain heat as much as possible.

I'll be trying the lathering bowl during tomorrow's shave and see in what way they can keep the heat for 20 to 30 minutes. If it doesn't retain the heat long enough then I already have the perfect solution: a little food heater which uses small "tea lights" (don't know whether that was translated correct but it's those very small pieces of candle which typically Chinese restaurants use to keep the food warm on the table). I'll let you guys know the outcome. :001_smile

Last edited by a moderator:
Just picked up the following from Schiller's Pharmacy in Pittsburgh, PA

C&E Lavender Hand Therapy cream 50ml
C&E Lavender talc free body powder 75g
Luxo Banho Sandalwood soap 6oz
Pre de Provence lavender soap 250g

Walgreen's Pharmacy-
Pinaud Clubman aftershave

Patrick

Ah! My orders came in today!

From SCS
Citrus pie soap cake
New spice soap cake
a sample of the Very V shave cream (thanks sue)

From QED
Bay rum Shave soap
Espresso shave stick
Da Vinci water

I wonder what soap I am going to try first.
proxy.php

Today was a really funny day. A friend of mine who lives in London was coming to visit so I asked him to pop in to Trumpers (in London) and pick me up a bottle of their Sandalwood Cologne. :001_tt1:

Anyway he arrived at my place at midday with my cologne, and we went for a drive to a small town nearby. I was telling him there was nowhere round here to buy decent shaving products, but as we were walking we spotted a small and really old Chemist shop (drugstore). I decided to go inside for a quick look, and found the shop was actually huge inside but with a small doorway/shopfront. Inside they had a whole wall of Trumpers products, and another whole wall of Crabtree & Evelyn products! :w00t:

I was stunned, I had never noticed this shop before and couldn't believe it. So I left there about 10 minutes later with two pots of Trumpers shaving cream, Coconut Oil and Sandalwood. :drool:

So todays aquisitions are:

Trumpers Sandalwood Cologne.
Trumpers Sandalwood Shaving Cream.
Trumpers Coconut Oil Shaving Cream. :thumbup1:

proxy.php

This week,

One tub of Taylor's Avocado
One bottle of Proraso AfterShave Splash
A gold 1954 Gillette Tech that I won on Ebay for a whopping $2.25. Great shaver by the way.
A merkur Futur that I have not used yet but plan on using later tonight.

I picked up a Simpsons "Major" in Super today for $110 and no sales tax ( I think these retail for about $150 ) If you have a Mario's dept store in your city you might want to check it out.
Cheers, DJ.

Austin,

there's a little shop on 36th St. just off Lamar, All things Celtic, I think that is the name, they carry this cologne. I am going to go by tomorrow to take a look.

Rafael

Top Bottom