What's new

Acquisitions Monday July 30 - Sunday August 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, this is the haul from the month of July. It's not much compared to what some of you gents have, but I'm not really collecting for display, but to shave with. The total was $129, including shipping.

First picture top row, L-R: 2 30's Gillettes, #160 and #134; 2 Fat Boys (E-2 and G-2) and a Slim (K-1). Second row: A Gold Aristocrat, early 40's (note upper fluted band), has no blade notch on center bar; and LeisureGuy's High School razor, a Schick J1.
Next picture down, note the "double ring" (black and chrome) on the E-2 FB, and the smaller numbers compared to the single black ring on the G-2.
Last 3 pictures are just closeups of the other Gillettes and the Schick.

All of them are nice shavers, but all somewhat different. I was really surprised at the Schick-- picked up 11 blades for about $4.50 at the CVS, and have had two really nice shaves with my first-ever injector.

This just came in- Can't wait to fuel it up and use it tonight while relaxing and watching the monsoon role in.

IM Corona Old Boy Diamond Cut

"IM Corona Old Boy Diamond Cut"

Those are fantastic lighters. I had mine for quite a few years till a friend bent the pipe tamper (I am still unsure how) and I sold it off.

I'm sure you will enjoy that one.

Hiya,

I just scored Coates Sandlewood from Pasteur's in NYC. Smells great.

Also 5 more of the Derby Extra's from Nashville Knifeshop, for a total of 25 blades.

HBS shipment arrived:
Soaps: coffee mocha, coolwater for men, mayan gold, fresh lemon, lime, green tea
Shave Stick in Victorian Rose
Foaming Soap in Cherry Vanilla
Linen Spray in Clean Laundry

They all smell great! The coffee mocha stands out as I can smell it when I open the cabinet under my sink.

An order from Honeybee Sue for me and SWMBO.
I got her - Lavender, Fresh Lemon, Eucalyptus/Spearmint and Peppermint.

I'm afraid I'm not the best with the camera, but I also picked up some shave soaps from Honeybee Sue; Lime, Green Tea, and Clean for Men. Man, her stuff is good:biggrin:

:biggrin1::biggrin1::001_tt1::001_tt1:

This weeks acquisitions…..

Photo 1 a few soaps & creams

2 Mitchell’s refills – John at Shaving Essentials

4 from Colleen at The Gentlemen’s Quarter

Orange Patchouli
Provence Lavender
Bay Rum with Sweet Orange
Oak & Moss

3 from Sue at Saint Charles Shaves
Sandalwood Rose
Tea Tree
Juniper Mist
And an English Norfolk (no case yet)

Photo 2 some aftershave
Penhaligon’s 1870 Aftershave Balm
Penhaligon’s Benheim Bouquet Aftershave Balm
Geo. F Trumper Eucris Eau de Toilette
And a Standard Set travel kit

Photos 3 & 4 Standard Set travel kit close up

Photo 4 Cavalier kit

5/8 Taylors Eye Witness 1/4 hollow.

Lightly restored it (mostly surface rust and patina, only took 20 min or so with 1000 and 2000 grit sandpaper and some rouge on a dremel wheel). There's a cosmetic crack in the scales at the wedge pin, but this puppy is going to get some new scales and pins when I get the time.

Here's the kicker... $5

:tongue:

Man, this antique dealer got hosed by yours truly.
Honed it up and shaved. Verdict: Bee-eautiful 9.5/10

Very nice Jay...tough to find those leather travel sets with the flap intact. One out of two ain't bad, and the beautiful razor and tubes make up for the flap. Nice score.

full

full

full

Last edited by a moderator:
During my trip to Belfast :

1 tube of Boots Cologne brushless SC
1 tube of Boots Cologne lather SC
2 tubes of Erasmic SC
1 tube of Tom's of Maine mint toothpaste
1 bottle of Boots bayrum
2 packs of "Swedish" Gillette blades

I am still looking for the English Fern. Everywhere I find it's "out of stock" and rumor was it would not be available until September.

You sir are a magician. A rich magician, but that's still a damn fine haul! My complements. :ouch1::ouch1::ouch1::ouch1:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom