What's new

Just started DE shaving on Saturday! (long)

Hi All,

I am new to posting on this forum, but I have been reading it for a few weeks. I read about you in Stereophile. Actually, I have been tying to improve my shaving experience for quite a while. I started with a DE when I was 14 (I am now 51) but it was just handed to me, with no instruction whatsoever. My father had been using an electric for decades. Later, I tried an electric, but it did not cut my beard. I wound up switching to Gillette Track II in college and used it from the on. A little while ago I received a Mach 3 in the mail. It seemed better than the Track II, so I switched, but was shocked at the price of the blades. I have also tried BIC 3 blade. It was also better than the Track II but shaving was still an unpleasant task. :mad:

Then I stumbled on you guys! :smile: I read you descriptions of DE shaving and it sounded good to me. I first tried the local thrift and antique stores to find a DE razor. My wallet wound up $25 liter, and I am now the proud owner of 5 antique STR8, but no DE. Finally, I broke down and ordered a Merkur 34G HD, Economy Sampler Pack, a pack of Feather DE Blades and a pack of Gillette 7 O’clock from West Coast Shaving. My logic was the the razor came with a Merkur blade so I did not need a pack to try, I wanted to start with Red Pack without having to commit to 100, and I wanted to have a good variety. For some reason I had to have the HD in gold!:biggrin:

My order arrived on Friday and Saturday I was ready to shave! :cool: I soaked by AOS Pure Badger Brush, showered and then lathered up. I followed the B&B instructions and did not try for a close shave. I could not believe how comfortable it was! :smile: On Sunday I was emboldened to try a close shave. I got it, and it was still extremely comfortable. Monday and today were great too and no cuts yet! I now look forward to shaving and that has never happened before. DFS! :biggrin:

Dave

Welcome to B&B, I'm a newbie also, just two weeks shaving with a DE and I have to say, shaving has become a drug to me, I kind of get disapointed that I have to wait till the morning to shave, I get home from work and I just want to shave again, it feels that good. :001_smile

Welcome to B&B, I'm a newbie also, just two weeks shaving with a DE and I have to say, shaving has become a drug to me, I kind of get disapointed that I have to wait till the morning to shave, I get home from work and I just want to shave again, it feels that good. :001_smile

I know exactly where you are coming from!

Dave

Top Bottom