What's new

Acquisitions Monday July 30 - Sunday August 5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I found this in the mail box:
attachment.php

Which contained the following:
attachment.php

My new Kent BK4!!! Hadn't expected it for at least a week yet, with a shipping date of last Thursday, what a nice way to start the week :wink:.

Already got a nice package last week with this nice titanium Citizen Eco-Drive:
attachment.php

Oh yeah also got myself some Palmolive shaving cream last week as well, which I am very pleased with.

Just got back from the Mall and picked up Javari ASB from the body shop
Randy told me about it last night so I will give it a try tomorrow morning

These were in today's post:

An eBay razor marked "First Class" from Solingen, Germany (needs some work)
Three SRP-stamped Wapienicas, the Polish NOS razors. These are 5/8 French points with underside jimps

full

Last edited by a moderator:
UPS guy just came and dropped off a nice little Spoon rack I will post pictures in a bit my battery is charging now

Nick

I'm a little slow in getting these posted, but here we go.

Shave kit from Cole Haan:
full

full

full

full

Men's Manicure set from Cole Haan by Eschenburg Solingen
full

full

Lather Bowl from Crate & Barrell
full

The picture quality isn't great, but you gents get the idea.

SWEET!:thumbup1:

Thanks, Jim. I'm pretty excited about this little grouping. I travel enough that I can justify the cost. Now I just need to decide on a good replacement for my current travel brush.

Thanks, Jim. I'm pretty excited about this little grouping. I travel enough that I can justify the cost. Now I just need to decide on a good replacement for my current travel brush.

That should be fun! what are you thinking?

Gorgeous travel kit Kyle.:drool: What travel brush are you using now?

That should be fun! what are you thinking?

Gorgeous travel kit Kyle.:drool: What travel brush are you using now?

Thanks. I'm currently working with the Vulfix Nickel plated model that comes w/ nickel plated travel tube. I'm leaning towards getting a Simpson's Major but am still looking.

Coincidence - Those Bee & Flower soaps you just posted (DJ) are actually what I use for travel soaps. The Sandalwood is my current favorite.

Thanks. I'm currently working with the Vulfix Nickel plated model that comes w/ nickel plated travel tube. I'm leaning towards getting a Simpson's Major but am still looking.

Coincidence - Those Bee & Flower soaps you just posted (DJ) are actually what I use for travel soaps. The Sandalwood is my current favorite.

Travel can be painful enough- don't shortchange yourself with brush you would not use at home.

Travel can be painful enough- don't shortchange yourself with brush you would not use at home.
Good point. I'm just not sure of how I would pack a traditional brush appropriately. Likely when the moment of truth comes, I'll see something that I want more than a travel brush and the wait will continue (perhaps something made by Rooney with a tortoise handle :wink:)
Kyle, that manicure set has some items that look very familiar to Dovo items.
Indeed. I'm not sure, but I think it is rebranded/relabeled Dovo stuff. The craftsmanship is certainly top of the line.

Nice kits Kyle! Sharp sharp sharp. I traveled over the weekend and used the Simpson Major. I do not think you would be shortchanging yourself with this brush. It does an excellent job and is perfect for lathering on the face. It is not a brush that I would generally use at home, but I cannot exceed how great it is for travel that I would not think of bringing another brush. Built like a tank, and compacts down very small. In short, the perfect travel brush (for me...). :biggrin:

Dennis

A few goodies arrived today.

Have you used Grampa's soaps before? If so, what do you think of them? I have been using Kirk's Castile soap for a while now and I really like it. The company that owns the Kirk's brand also owns the Grampa brand and I am curious to know if their soaps are good/better/best.

full

full

full

full

full

full

full

I have been dropping hints to my wife about the manicure set you have here. Great for say, oh, I don't know, a Christmas stocking stuffer or something. :smile:

I just won this auction.

Here's a Old Gillette Razor Travel Set in a Felt Lined Case with Original Gillette Blade Holder--The Razor is Dated Jan. 13, 1920--Gillette USA all Stamped on Razor and Blade Holder--It Has 1 Old Blade in Embossed Metal Blade Holder--It Screws Together Easy--Some Use Marks on Leatherette Case Cover and Small Edge Wear--It Needs Cleaning--Bought at a Estate Sale--$5.00 and Add $4.00 for Shipping---

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230155426069

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

Depending on the condition of the finish, I may strip it (plastic media blast) and have it plated in gold.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom