What's new

2,000 Post PIF

Howdy,

:badger::badger::badger::badger::badger:I am about to hit 2,000 posts and I want to celebrate.

This PIF is in three parts. CONUS only

Top Dogs, for Old Hands
Part 1 I believe every PIF I have done has gone to members with less that 300 posts. So I want to do something for the old hands, the folks I have most learned from, and continue to learn from...you need at least 301 posts to qualify for this.

If you are in send to the message boards (No PM's--Please?), send, "I'm an old hand and I'm in."

Here is the PIF:

L-R...Chinese Longjing (Dragonwell) Green Tea from Smacha Tea Store, about 1/4 pound. The unofficial national tea of China, about 40,000 buds to a pound, all buds. This comes from the gardens in Zhejiang province where my Tea Master grows some of his tea. Brand new, unopened.

1 90ml tube of Old Fashioned Shave Cream by Triumph & Disaster. From Australia, at least some New Zealand ingredients including lanolin (methinks) from a company owned by Kiwi Cricket star Dion Nash. It just didn't work for me, used twice.

1 Weber Polished Head Bulldog Handle Stainless Steel razor. Used a couple of times. I bought two because I decided I wanted the Wave handle. So this handle has been used some but looks brand new (Cleaned it with dish soap and a toothbrush), and the head has not been used at all. I don't need it, having another Weber PH, another identical Bulldog handle, and a Wave handle...and I also have a different brand SS razor. I hate to see a good razor just sit. I could have sold it, but I think it makes such a great PIF I just couldn't resist .

1 Box of 7 Gillette 7 O'Clock Black blades. One of my very favorite blades. I have lots and I think blades should be part of each of these PIF's.

Mike's Natural Shave Stick, Pine and Cedarwood. Used once. I just received another Mike's stick of a different scent, and I have a tin of the Pine and Cedarwood, so this goes to some needy shaver.

1 B&B Essential Boar Brush from West Coast Shaving, yellow handle. I already have two and not using boar at all lately, with three badgers on their way. I bought this to support B&B and WCS. Never been used.

Okay, that is the end of part 1.

Part 2
Noobs and Semi-Noobs
Kind of a round up of starter bits. Only folks with 300 posts or less are eligible.

If you want in, send "I am young, my skin is tender, and I'm in."

L-R...Valet Auto-Strop Razor (no strop) and blade box. I bought this for the box but it is too small to hold DE blades. Also included are 4 Feather single-edge blades that are supposed to work with the Valet, but I never could figure it out.

I unused puck of Haslinger Coconut Soap. It was lingering in a dark corner of my shave den and I have lots of other soaps I want to try first.

Edwin Jagger DE89 Barley Handle. This was my go-to razor. It shaves great. I have cleaned it up. I did drop the handle once and there is a small dent in the handle. But a great starter razor.

1 7-pack Gillette Blacks

1 Stick Arko shaving soap. I have lots. I hope you aren't an Arko hater :censored:

Part 3
The final section is open to everyone. It's stuff I have too much of, that will sit and languish. Post "I'm number three! I'm number three!"

L-R...2 PolSilver SI blades. They are nice but not nice enough for me, to be in my rotation. 4 BIC Chrome Platinum, same as with the PolSilver, good but not for me.

1 Schick G series injector razor. I have way too many G's (my favorite injector). Not sure I ever used this one.

1 7-pack Schick Injector Blades

1 Arko Shave Stick

1 tub Bol A Raser Authentique soft soap. This was PIFed to me. I used it twice. A good soap, but the scent is not for me.

I head out for Indianapolis on the 13th, so going to keep this open until August 11, Sunday, 6 pm or thereabouts. I will use some sort of random choosing method. And announce Monday night, the 12th. Nothing will be mailed until Wednesday the 21st.

B&B is my favorite place to be and shaving is my favorite thing to do. Thanks for the ride so far. I suspect it will only get better.

Ooo, Mike's Vetiver Shave Soap just arrived. Woo hoo.

:ouch1::ouch1::ouch1: You folks are terrific.

Pierce

Additional Information

I almost forgot...PIF 1 and PIF 2 will each be shipped in the original boxes bearing WCS art:

Lanny the Sheep

The Essential Boar

Last edited:
"I am young, my skin is tender, and I'm in." and ""I'm number three! I'm number three!""

Thank you for this fine PIF Sir!

Wow. Excellent PIF. Thanks for the opportunity, and good luck to everyone.

I'm an old hand, and I'm in!

Top Bottom