What's new

About to buy a Timeless (95 vs 68)

I would add to this in that I received a SS95 SB in matte finish this week and have shaved with it twice now and can personally confirm the soft face feel is the same as that of the Ti95. I believe it is due to the actual finish in this case. I am thinking of getting a polished SS version to test in the future to see what differences there are in that version.
That's interesting, In SS I only ever tried polished it's smooth as ice and feels different than ti. I never was drawn to the matte finished razors just based on looks, not sure how it performs. Matt from timeless says they perform the same. I would think the weight of the razor changes the feel more than what finish it is. Between matte finish and polished I like polished better based on looks, if timeless had a machined finish I would have gotten it, I like machined SS look the best example: blackland/non windsor ATTs

I would add to this in that I received a SS95 SB in matte finish this week and have shaved with it twice now and can personally confirm the soft face feel is the same as that of the Ti95. I believe it is due to the actual finish in this case. I am thinking of getting a polished SS version to test in the future to see what differences there are in that version.
Now that I think of it in SS .95 I tried OC and SC never had tried the SB... maby it's just a SB feel...? :001_huh:

That's interesting, In SS I only ever tried polished it's smooth as ice and feels different than ti. I never was drawn to the matte finished razors just based on looks, not sure how it performs. Matt from timeless says they perform the same. I would think the weight of the razor changes the feel more than what finish it is. Between matte finish and polished I like polished better based on looks, if timeless had a machined finish I would have gotten it, I like machined SS look the best example: blackland/non windsor ATTs
In my previous post I was referring to the soft face feel that most describe when using the Titanium earlier. I have taken a few pics of both razors side by side and the finish is what I would say is identical and that is why the SS95 feels the same as the Ti95. I really don't think the weight difference plays much to the face feel at all here. I will say that the matte finish has the exact same face feel as my SS General SE that has a brushed finish in comparison too. No difference here between matte and brushed...
Now that I think of it in SS .95 I tried OC and SC never had tried the SB... maby it's just a SB feel...? :001_huh:
I'm not an OC kind of guy so I couldn't really say...

Here are a couple pics to show the finish between SS and Ti...
Timeless 5.jpg
Timeless 6.jpg

In my previous post I was referring to the soft face feel that most describe when using the Titanium earlier. I have taken a few pics of both razors side by side and the finish is what I would say is identical and that is why the SS95 feels the same as the Ti95. I really don't think the weight difference plays much to the face feel at all here. I will say that the matte finish has the exact same face feel as my SS General SE that has a brushed finish in comparison too. No difference here between matte and brushed...

I'm not an OC kind of guy so I couldn't really say...

Here are a couple pics to show the finish between SS and Ti...
View attachment 938424 View attachment 938425
If ever you get a chance to try the polished .95 solid bar to confirm perhaps it's just the feel of SB. The finishes do look the same just diff mats

I regret never trying SS SB now but am happy with what I have now, timeless made a sweet razor SS and TI never tried bronze, patina isn't my thing

I have the SB .68 SS version. It gives an incredibly smooth shave. Plus, I am getting an incredible number of shaves, at least for me, from this razor. As of today, 11 shaves with a Personna Lab and this razor.

I have the SB .68 SS version. It gives an incredibly smooth shave. Plus, I am getting an incredible number of shaves, at least for me, from this razor. As of today, 11 shaves with a Personna Lab and this razor.
Personna lab is my go to blade aswell in both timeless razor gaps, smooth and comfortable for my face. I bet the SB in .68 is extra smooth!

I have the Timeless with the .68 safety bar, smooth cap, in stainless matte finish. It has become my standard when shaving every day. A DFS every time, on cruise control with 2 passes and a little clean up in my normal trouble spots.
I find for me, with this razor, a Gillette Platinum blade works best, with Personna Lab Blue right behind. Astra SP is as sharp, but not as smooth. Polsilver SI is as smooth, but not as sharp. No irritation, nicks or weepers with any of them, but a noticeable difference when using them back to back.
For what it’s worth, I got mine from the return/scratch/dent section of the Timeless web site. It came in the same packaging as a brand new one, and did not have a single mark on it. To my eye it was absolutely perfect in every way.

I have and love the .68 OC with scallopped cap. It is perfect for me.

I had the same in .95 but sold it. More aggressive than I need - not an every day razor.

i got a timeless 0.95 SS SB around 3 weeks ago. when i first got it i nicked myself a few times and thought it was way to harsh as a daily driver. I have now improved the technique with a lighter touch and slowing down when i shave and can shave daily but it starts to get a bit uncomfortable around day 3-4, mind you i got for a 3 pass BBS every time even though a 2 pass shave would be fine.

The 0.95 SS SB is AMAZING on my Mondays shave where i have left 2 days growth, super smooth and efficient. It is that efficient there is hardly any hair the next day which is why i think its a little harsh as a daily driver.

This is an amazing razor but i do want a totally comfortable daily shave so I am going to get the 0.68 plate in polished SS just not 100% sure if i should go OC or Scalloped.

i got a timeless 0.95 SS SB around 3 weeks ago. when i first got it i nicked myself a few times and thought it was way to harsh as a daily driver. I have now improved the technique with a lighter touch and slowing down when i shave and can shave daily but it starts to get a bit uncomfortable around day 3-4, mind you i got for a 3 pass BBS every time even though a 2 pass shave would be fine.

The 0.95 SS SB is AMAZING on my Mondays shave where i have left 2 days growth, super smooth and efficient. It is that efficient there is hardly any hair the next day which is why i think its a little harsh as a daily driver.

This is an amazing razor but i do want a totally comfortable daily shave so I am going to get the 0.68 plate in polished SS just not 100% sure if i should go OC or Scalloped.
OC will have more blade feel and will be harsher than the scalloped. I have a .68 scalloped, and I'm actually thinking about getting a solid bar some time. My experience with the .95 was the same as yours. The .68 is awesome though for daily 3 pass shaves.

Both Timeless Titanium and Stainless Steel seem to be very blade friendly. Makes a Rockwell blade much less tuggy and a Feather much less harsh. Generally can throw any blade in either razor with either blade gap and get a close, smooth, irritation free shave. Only the OC plates are the least bit harsh, but overall Timess makes excellent razors, expensive but, for me, worth the extra.
FWIW, I do find a feather in the OC 95 gap, Stainless or Titanium does give the closest of all the blade-plate combinations, only slightly less close than the Ikon Tech or Charcoal Goods level 3 or R41 but much more comfortable and forgiving than those three.

OC will have more blade feel and will be harsher than the scalloped. I have a .68 scalloped, and I'm actually thinking about getting a solid bar some time. My experience with the .95 was the same as yours. The .68 is awesome though for daily 3 pass shaves.

cheers for that

Top Bottom