What's new

About to buy a Timeless (95 vs 68)

My 3 favorites right now are the Timeless 95 SS SB, the ATT Windsor MMH1, and the GC 84. I use all 3 with Ti handles.

The Timeless is very efficient, but it's not harsh at all. But the Windsor H is almost as smooth and may be a touch more efficient.

The Windsor head is a redesign of the ATT heads, with more rigidity and slightly less blade exposure, so it shaves differently than the old design.

YMMV

My 3 favorites right now are the Timeless 95 SS SB, the ATT Windsor MMH1, and the GC 84. I use all 3 with Ti handles.

The Timeless is very efficient, but it's not harsh at all. But the Windsor H is almost as smooth and may be a touch more efficient.

The Windsor head is a redesign of the ATT heads, with more rigidity and slightly less blade exposure, so it shaves differently than the old design.

YMMV
Agree with the Windsor diff. The rigidity makes the windsor line so much better than regular ATTs, much more like an SE razor (no blade chatter).

Timeless .68 Titanium here, and it's one of the smoothest razors I own. I'd say as smooth as my AS-D2, but much more efficient (Polsilver in the Timeless, Feather in the Feather), and much less picky about shaving angle. The Titanium is also a surprisingly lightweight beast, and much easier to finesse in difficult angles on my face. I also have the Timeless .38 Bronze, and in spite of the gap in the Bronze, the Titanium is about the same cutting efficiency (which is superb in the Bronze). Also like the flat grey finish, which I suspect will require zero maintenance; great quality razors!

Timeless .68 Titanium here, and it's one of the smoothest razors I own. I'd say as smooth as my AS-D2, but much more efficient (Polsilver in the Timeless, Feather in the Feather), and much less picky about shaving angle. The Titanium is also a surprisingly lightweight beast, and much easier to finesse in difficult angles on my face. I also have the Timeless .38 Bronze, and in spite of the gap in the Bronze, the Titanium is about the same cutting efficiency (which is superb in the Bronze). Also like the flat grey finish, which I suspect will require zero maintenance; great quality razors!

That's so good to know! Yesterday while talking to an online friend on FB I mentioned my intentions to buy a timeless and he has a timeless 68 Titanium in SB and OC, which he will be sending to me tomorrow to try it! I'm very excited to try a timeless!

Didnt know they had Titanium as an option! Have never used a titanium razor myself (only have Stainless Steel razors at the moment. Is there a big diff between stainless steel and titanium in weight and shave?

Yes. The light weight IMHO lends to a milder shave while keeping the efficiency. I have the .95 open comb Ti and also had the same in stainless. The stainless I had to slow down a bit or else... Ti I zoom around with no worries.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For me, I see that a gillette ss red tip made in the uk has a 0.81mm blade gap.
And that is a brilliantly efficient and smooth razor.

So Im leaning towards the 0.95 timeless.

Interesting snippet from a review on their site:

"...the scalloped plate looks better with the smooth cap and the scalloped cap looks better with the SB base plate."

subjective, I know, but sounds plausible....any opinions?

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, but both my Timeless razors have the scalloped cap and SB (Bronze & Ti), and both are superbly finished works of art. I'd rate them slightly above ATT in finish, and I own the copper Windsor and a couple of earlier brushed finished Kronos. OTOH, the drilled-through stand for the Windsor I believe is more practical than the solid Timeless stands. Any of the above are outstanding razors, and I think any combination that pleases your eye will be an heirloom-quality piece.

Update:

Ordered Today:

Timeless 95 SB Polished
Timeless 68 OC Polished
Scalloped Cap Polished
with the Barberpole 85mm x 14mm Handle
Polished Stand

Update:

Ordered Today:

Timeless 95 SB Polished
Timeless 68 OC Polished
Scalloped Cap Polished
with the Barberpole 85mm x 14mm Handle
Polished Stand
You, sir, are about to be a smooth faced, happy man. [emoji16]

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I have the SS 95 OC and IF you have the light touch down, the 95 is a ***** cat, if you don't, you'll either learn what a light touch is or get clawed.

The weight does make a difference, I currently have a light weight PAA handle on my 95 OC, and it makes it much more maneuverable and very easy to obtain a quick 2-pass BBS shave, and not look like you went head-to-head with Freddy Krueger. With the heavier Ikon handle, you need to actually lift some of the weight of the razor from your face, not the case with the lighter handle. - I bought my razor 2nd hand, and didn't come with a Timeless handle.

Haven't tried the 68, but others mention it's a bit more difficult to find and hold the angle than with the original 95 head. Even the 95 is very smooth, you feel the blade, but it is much more comfortable than say the milder DLC/SLOC. The 95 OC and Gillette New SC are my favorite OC razors, and I've tried quite a few.

You should really enjoy the shave with Timeless. If I every find a bargain priced Ti 95, I'd grab it in a heartbeat.

I have the SS 95 OC and IF you have the light touch down, the 95 is a ***** cat, if you don't, you'll either learn what a light touch is or get clawed.

The weight does make a difference, I currently have a light weight PAA handle on my 95 OC, and it makes it much more maneuverable and very easy to obtain a quick 2-pass BBS shave, and not look like you went head-to-head with Freddy Krueger. With the heavier Ikon handle, you need to actually lift some of the weight of the razor from your face, not the case with the lighter handle. - I bought my razor 2nd hand, and didn't come with a Timeless handle.

Haven't tried the 68, but others mention it's a bit more difficult to find and hold the angle than with the original 95 head. Even the 95 is very smooth, you feel the blade, but it is much more comfortable than say the milder DLC/SLOC. The 95 OC and Gillette New SC are my favorite OC razors, and I've tried quite a few.

You should really enjoy the shave with Timeless. If I every find a bargain priced Ti 95, I'd grab it in a heartbeat.

Agree with you completely! I have the 68 OC in SS and I put it on a UFO Colibri handle to lighten the overall weight a bit...it makes the razor more maneuverable and helps maintain a light touch. I decided that I wanted to step up to the 95 baseplate for days when I want a more efficient shave, so I read a bunch of posts on B&B and the consensus was that the Titanium 95 SB was a very very special razor. So...I ordered the 95 SB in Titanium and WOW.

The feel of the titanium is "softer" on the face and the lighter weight helps you control the pressure effortlessly. I also happen to really like the dark matte look...very stealthy. The 95SB is my favorite razor and is #1 in my den because it is the most controllable and accessible "efficient/aggressive" razor I have ever used...and it is SMOOTH. I also own a Wolfman WR1, Blackbird, Karve, all the usual suspects, but the Ti 95SB is very very special indeed. Effortless 2-pass BBS and if I skip two days before another shave, I am still presentable. The shave is visually much closer than I get with many other razors.

TLDR: for the 68 OC/SC go with the SS, but if you want a 95, I highly recommend the Titanium version!

Agree with you completely! I have the 68 OC in SS and I put it on a UFO Colibri handle to lighten the overall weight a bit...it makes the razor more maneuverable and helps maintain a light touch. I decided that I wanted to step up to the 95 baseplate for days when I want a more efficient shave, so I read a bunch of posts on B&B and the consensus was that the Titanium 95 SB was a very very special razor. So...I ordered the 95 SB in Titanium and WOW.

The feel of the titanium is "softer" on the face and the lighter weight helps you control the pressure effortlessly. I also happen to really like the dark matte look...very stealthy. The 95SB is my favorite razor and is #1 in my den because it is the most controllable and accessible "efficient/aggressive" razor I have ever used...and it is SMOOTH. I also own a Wolfman WR1, Blackbird, Karve, all the usual suspects, but the Ti 95SB is very very special indeed. Effortless 2-pass BBS and if I skip two days before another shave, I am still presentable. The shave is visually much closer than I get with many other razors.

TLDR: for the 68 OC/SC go with the SS, but if you want a 95, I highly recommend the Titanium version!
The .95 Ti SB is awesome, light touch feels like a soft cloud just wiping off the soap and the wiskers are gone, I never tried OC/SC in ti but have tried them in SS and found them not as comfortable as the ti. I agree on the SS aswell I preferred the SS in .68 OC and SC

I would add to this in that I received a SS95 SB in matte finish this week and have shaved with it twice now and can personally confirm the soft face feel is the same as that of the Ti95. I believe it is due to the actual finish in this case. I am thinking of getting a polished SS version to test in the future to see what differences there are in that version.

Top Bottom