Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
336 of 336
IMG_20221127_134520.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C R6
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum(14)
Soap: TFS Rasozero Agrumella
Brush: Yaqi Moka-express 2 band badger

Tonight the Agrumella donut hole grew a bit and I am really hopeful that I can get to the end of it this year. The lathers are much better than before I started blooming the soap and the shave with the Rockwell was good and left me a near BBS even with the BIC blade on the 14th shave.
It's probably time to start looking for a new 3017 project.

Friday 2nd December, shave #336

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Enhancement: a few drops of glycerine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 OC, Al Handle, Astra SP #6
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Back to the open comb .84. This time, I tried WTG, XTG and then some selective tidy-ups, skipping ATG.

The result was comfortable, and a pretty good DFS. Maybe this is the way to get seven days a week out of the open comb plate, without a build-up of irritation.

Date
365 days of shaving340/336
(100%)
GRUME December3/31 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 2/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks and neck)
Gillette Slide (2nd pass)
(NW-SE | cheeks)
(S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Gillette NEW Flat Bottom
Timor (4)
Kox Blue Synthetic
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
Dutchy Bergamot
Kox Enamel
Face lathering
Cold splash
Floïd (AS)
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~20 minutes)9.5/10 (Tiny weeper)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

Thought I would try the Timor blade in an open comb this time. The NFB is a great razor. Efficient and effective while simultaneously providing smoothness. I used the stock handle this time. That is a bit on the thinner side for me, but it makes the razor very nimble.

The combination with the Timor worked out pretty well. Two passes would have been perfectly acceptable. I just took my time and concentrated on reduction rather than speed so did a third pass. Whilst not going ATG on the moustache area and rather slanted still a BBS finish there so pleased with that. The harder parts of my beard ATG with the Timor feel harsher.

Face lathered again today taking time to really build the lather. Actually a zen side to this ritual while building the lather. The Kox Blue is an excellent lather maker at that so the shave was already off too a great start even before the passes.

Now off to do some gardening, get some soaps and pay a visit to the parents. See how my dad has been doing with his KCG I gave him.

Enjoy your day!

@Ckmaui
Good for you for giving it a two year shot before choosing the Timeless as your daily. I ended up preferring other razors but only purely subjectively. My Timeless was a very good razor that gave super efficiency without blade feel. I've actually come to like some blade feel in a shave. Perhaps that's why I'm enjoying the GEM format so much. If you don't need the cash, I'd suggest throwing your seconds in a drawer for another year instead of selling them as tastes and preferences can slowly evolve. But I also enjoy exploring new things and am always curious about different products.
yeah glad I did give them that time and even if did not like certain ones set aside and pick back up
I did like blade feel then I did not :) hahhaha was more a fun to have on hand but then decided I prefer the no blade feel shaves but again this is like espresso machines and even though I quit drinking espresso and sold my Elektra A3 etc.. high end machines and grinders down to flat or conical etc.. they are all good we just tend to lean one way for again like espresso what we like
not saying you did not know this just brain dumping :) hahahahahah
with a kid in college and when she gets out the next one starts and money being tighter these days going to move on as the minimalist in me less is more and I know I can come back around pick one up and content with having used the others ! but yeah a tatara run is in my future and the Kai Kasho Captain which is a big who knows where that will go a quick death or a deep dive

back to our love of espresso its like beans we might have our go to favs but most I know love to try other bean and being coffee nerds like shaving nerds it often takes a while to dial in that perfect grind and dose and you know :) so yeah the exploring wont go away more slimmed down to compare only to my fav of favs I reckon

Super to read you found the one (for the moment). I too really like the softness of the Ti95 - hardly any blade feel while you know it is there.

Bold decision to sell off other stuff. Kudos to you!

Enjoy!

Guido
thanks :) yeah the .95 for sure is the next bar I need to try now I chose the timeless
also the Timeless I do like the fact (much like tatara and a few others) you can mix the bars around rather than buying the whole head

So my other CC cream arrived and wanted to try the Lime and Bay Rum together and its quite nice combo
not sure I am a huge fan of the Lime so wont get it again but glad I did and not sure the combo is better than the bay rum alone ? but going to play with various amounts to mix :) and since I used the island vibe decided to use the Pinaud VIBR splash another I like it but wont buy again

I know my 2 fav blades are Nacet and Green 7 O'Clock but decided with this final razor choice to go back through all my blades one more time ! (thinking if I get the .95 bar going to have to do this again so still having fun comparing !)

the journey is often just as fun as the destination or the larger part or something like that

so Timeless Ti .68 SB
blade to compare was the Shark Platinum my fav of sharks reckon need to keep some around for shark week but falls short for me in the sharpness and comfort while shaving

img_6458-jpeg.1566235

That argos looks really cool is that around $1000 ? Tried to find exact price :)
PID and everything love the simplicity
I think I have mentioned the Cafelat Robot I have ? love that thing actually in some ways was one of the most fun setups I have ever used its just so basic but the shots it can pull are insane good then got a Comandante hand grinder to go along with the all manual not quite the same as my Mazzer but has its own character and added to the fun
going to sell it now but yeah simple is winning me out more and more these days :)
did it beat the A3 ? No and reckon that argos wont beat other high end levers etc... but bet its more fun :)

Shave # 337: Excellent shave!
Saturday December 03, 2022
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Autumn Ash
Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Feather Hi-Stainless (1)

IMG_1782.jpg

Mike M

337 of 337
SV Saturday

IMG_20221203_221754.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum(15)
Soap: SV 70th Anniversary
Brush: Simpsons Trafalgar T3

Tonight for SV Saturday I felt the need for 70th Anniversary and I decided to use the Simpsons Trafalgar T3, a brush I don't use that often since the arrival of the Kosmo STF. Even using it tonight I was reminded of how stiff the bristles are and it felt like it might start flinging lather all over the place. It just reminds me I need to look for an STF XL brush at some point to get the T3 knot size but with the STF bristles though I really like the 21mm STF knot for face lathering.
The result of the shave was not a glassy BBS, but as close as makes no difference largely due to the use of SV and the Rocca/BIC combo

SV Saturday 3rd December, shave #337

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Saponificio Varesino 70th Anniversary
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 OC, Al Handle, Astra SP #7
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea Balm

SV70's turn came round for SV Saturday. Stayed with the open comb and avoided ATG again, for a good comfortable shave.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
Shave #CCCXXXVIII
A fun number to use. I think the biggest number of the year.

Razor: Parker adjustable injector
Blade: Schick (11)
Brush: Yaqi Ferrari cashmere
Bowl: Captain’s Choice copper
Lather: PAA Black Shroud
Witch Hazel
Aftershave: PAA Black Shroud

49CF235A-6E68-4DCC-9A87-CBE2110FE2FB.jpeg

Date
365 days of shaving341/337
(100%)
GRUME December4/31 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 2/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks and neck)
Gillette Slide (2nd pass)
(NW-SE | cheeks)
(S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Gillette NEW LC with Red Lasta Handle
Timor (5)
Razorock 400 Plissoft
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Geen
TGS Furiah
Proraso
Cold splash
Proraso Green (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort
9/10 (BBS)
10/10 (GlideFest)

Notes to today’s shave:

Fifth run with the Timor and this time in the NEW Long Comb. A super smooth shave ensued. This razor is a very tiny bit more comfortable than the NEW Flat Bottom, but the Flat Bottom is more effective - 12h past the shave I feel more stubble than I did yesterday. Still this is an amazing razor with good nimble abilities.

The Razorock turned it into a lather party. Excellent brush!
:001_wub:

Perfect way to start Sunday - well we’re heading towards Monday here already, but ok.

Additional shave notes can be found here

Mike M

338 of 338
IMG_20221127_134520.jpg

Razor: Rockwell 6C R6
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum(16)
Soap: TFS Rasozero Agrumella
Brush: Yaqi Moka-express 2 band badger

Agrumella is back up and I finally feel like I am on the home straight with this soap, the hole is getting bigger. If I want to get more out of this blade I think I'm going to have to change razors to the Muhle Rocca, after this shave I had some slight irritation on the neck, nothing serious but enough. The finish was quite good, a near BBS but spoiled by the irritation.

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 338 of 338 = 100%
Razor: @Blackland Razors Ti Vector SB (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Kai Captain Titan Protouch MG (1)
Brush: Zenith B34 Butterscotch Chubby
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Le Père Lucien Oud-Santal
Aftershave: RazoRock Tuscan Oud
Fragrance: Classic Match Oud EdT Spray

Superb shave! :cool:
20221204_114342~2.jpg

Please check out full notes on my shaves plus comments, rankings and other stuff in my Journal: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12035954

Top Bottom