What's new

🌕🌗 365 shaves in 2022🌓🌕

Shave # 340: Minor Drama. Still an excellent shave.
Tuesday December 06, 2022
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Druantia
Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Astra Superior Platinum (1)
IMG_1793.jpg

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 340 of 340 = 100%
Razor: Shield Titanium Artist Club Razor - Polished Finish
Blade: Schick Proline P (5)
Brush: Semogue Owners Club (SOC) Premium Boar, Taj Resin Handle
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Le Père Lucien Oud-Santal
Aftershave: RazoRock Tuscan Oud
Fragrance: Classic Match Oud EdT Spray
20221206_094944~2.jpg

Please check out full notes on my shaves plus comments, rankings and other stuff in my Journal: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12038598

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
340 of 340

IMG_20221206_120432.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R95
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum(16)
Soap: TFS Rasozero Agrumella
Brush: Yaqi Moka-express 2 band badger

Tonight Agrumella was up again and the hole was starting to hold up loading the brush, so I pushed some of the soap down into it to enable easier loading. Not sure how much longer I have left but a lot of the soap that is left is quite soft.
The result after changing to the Rocca was a near BBS that felt better than the Rockwell

Tuesday 6th December, shave #340

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat
Enhancement: a few drops of glycerine
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 OC, Ti Handle, Astra SP #3
Razor: GC.84 SB, Al Handle, Astra SP #5
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Nivea 2-in-1 Aftershave

Used the open comb Game Changer for a good WTG mowing, and the safety bar for everything else. The SB might be less efficient, but it's a lot more comfortable to use ATG. If they did a combination .84 baseplate, I'd buy it.

I should probably try shimming the safety bar.

Date
365 days of shaving344/340
(100%)
GRUME December7/31 (100%)
Discovery Blade AdventureBolzano 2/3
Timor 2/3
Eddison 2/3

Passes3
WXTG (2)CB Curve
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks and neck)
Gillette Slide
(NW-SE curving to NE-SW | cheeks)
(S-N | neck)
ATGStraight & Slanted
(S-N | cheeks)
(SW-NE | neck)

Razor
Blade
Brush
Razorine Flatboy with common bar handleBolzano (10)Omega Roma
Pre-shave
Soap & Bowl
Post-shave
Cold splash
Proraso Green pre-shave
TGS Furiah
Proraso
Cold splash
Floïds the Genuine (AS)
Nivea Sensitive (Balm)

Efficiency
Quality
9/10 (~20 minutes)10/10 (Clean)
EffectivenessComfort
8.5/10 (DFS+)
7/10 (Irritation on the neck)

Notes to today’s shave:

What happens after your first anniversary of DE wet shaving? Well, the journey simply continues with another shave! Inspired by @Jack Goossen I pulled out the Flatboy taking the second Bolzano into double digits. The combination works rather well with the Flatboy providing an excellent shave at just two passes. I did a third pass for fun and to turn it into a BBS homerun. After the shave however I discovered I missed some problem areas in my neck. Yesterday's irritation was still there after the shave today which is a signal for me that although the blade performed well, it might be time to move on. The KCG is just harsher in the KCG razor than it is in other razors (like the Fatip) and so irritation was kind of expected to be honest.

The Roma brush was again a delight to use. Nice lather from the Furiah and sufficient splay with backbone for a nice massaging face lather with a last pass bowl lathering to reinvigorate the soap.

Floïds did not sting as much which is also evidenced by the return of stubble only some 7 hours after the shave. But all was good in shaveland as far as I am concerned.

Enjoy your shave today!

Shave #341. The Permasharp seemed tired today on only it's fourth use. Very effective shave but had to close up some weepers with the alum stick.
Image1291987572920654233.jpg
@Guido75 Like the philosophy! Just keep on shaving!
After doing 365 2021 I wasn't sure if I'd do 365 2022, but now I've become so accustomed to daily shaving and so attached to a smooth face that the 365 2023 on the near horizon is a no brainer.

repeat of yesterday but switched sides of the blades :)
and yeah the Nacet and Green 7 O'Clock are very close I think I might like the green 7 better ?
but have quite a few of each so not to worried on those yet
so tomorrow going to try the treet dura sharp and the Gillette Minora as I have not even opened them yet and want to give them a run as I am curious
might do one more side by side of the Nacet and the Green 7 and decide which one I am going to use for comparing all my soaps so I have some consistency with the blade and a good base line with the CC Cream being so nice and comfy for me

finally put up the rest of my razors on the buy sell :) so for sure the Timeless is locked in for a little while now as my main razor

1670433240524.png

Shave # 340: No drama. Excellent shave!
Wednesday December 07, 2022
Brush: Simpson T3 Trafalgar
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper Bowl
Lather: Southern Witchcrafts Druantia
Razor: Henson AL13 +++
Blade: Wizamet Super Iridium (1)

IMG_1795.jpg

Mike M

repeat of yesterday but switched sides of the blades :)
and yeah the Nacet and Green 7 O'Clock are very close I think I might like the green 7 better ?
but have quite a few of each so not to worried on those yet
so tomorrow going to try the treet dura sharp and the Gillette Minora as I have not even opened them yet and want to give them a run as I am curious
might do one more side by side of the Nacet and the Green 7 and decide which one I am going to use for comparing all my soaps so I have some consistency with the blade and a good base line with the CC Cream being so nice and comfy for me

finally put up the rest of my razors on the buy sell :) so for sure the Timeless is locked in for a little while now as my main razor

View attachment 1568591
If the Timeless is your Holy Grail you are so lucky to have found it

Mike M

341 of 341
IMG_20221206_120432.jpg

Razor: Muhle Rocca R94
Blade: BIC Chrome Platinum(17)
Soap: TFS Rasozero Agrumella
Brush: Yaqi Moka-express 2 band badger

Working on the Agrumella again tonight it is wearing out quite quickly now. After pushing it down to fill the hole there are now small holes in it again which bodes well for me finishing it soon, thought I am not sure still how long it will take. The lather is OK, but not outstanding.
The final near BBS result speaks for itself though

never-stop-learning

Demoted To Moderator
Staff member
365 Shaves in 2022: 341 of 341 = 100%
Razor: Shield Polished Ti AC Razor (@Rosseforp GTC 25g Handle)
Blade: Schick Proline P (6)
Brush: Zenith B16 Aluminum (24mm Boar)
Bowl: Captain's Choice Copper
Lather: Le Père Lucien Oud-Santal
Aftershave: RazoRock Tuscan Oud
Fragrance: Classic Match Oud EdT Spray

Superb shave! :cool:
20221207_140221~2.jpg

Please check out my Journal for full shave notes plus comments, rankings and other random stuff: never-stop-learning's Quest for Knowledge - https://www.badgerandblade.com/forum/threads/never-stop-learnings-quest-for-knowledge.611194/post-12039978

If the Timeless is your Holy Grail you are so lucky to have found it
Yup :) took a lot of comparing with the intent to have one :) hahahahah

when all are so good its just that preference that we prefer over the other and its tough as each one kinda has this thing you like over the other so can also see why some have many and use many in rotation :)
who would thought shaving could be a hobby hahahahah

Yup :) took a lot of comparing with the intent to have one :) hahahahah

when all are so good its just that preference that we prefer over the other and its tough as each one kinda has this thing you like over the other so can also see why some have many and use many in rotation :)
who would thought shaving could be a hobby hahahahah
I would attest that it then takes courage to sell off the rest like you did. Given this hobby of ours we tend to stick with the B&B adage “have both” (or even more than that).

Guido

I would attest that it then takes courage to sell off the rest like you did. Given this hobby of ours we tend to stick with the B&B adage “have both” (or even more than that).

Guido
Yeah so true :)

but I know I could pick them up again but when I do not use some of them at all in rotation anyway I think why keep them

I also know myself and I only tend to gravitate toward a fav thing and to much choice I hate to say freaks me out but its like to much thinking overwhelms me

I am also one of those types that my 2 pants are the same my 2 shorts are the same I rotate 4 of the same shirt in summer my 2 shoes are the same altra trail shoe and some cheap slippers (flip flops) so minimalist kinda thing

Kinda relieved now with the razors up for sale and feeling good about going into narrowing down the blades and soap now :)

my wife is used to me overthinking things though :)

Top Bottom