What's new

Question about shaving daily

Daily. WTG, ATG, touch ups if needed. XTG never really did anything another WTG pass wouldn’t.

I don’t chase BBS and with my beard type it’s quite difficult to achieve.

When it does, good, but my coarse dark stubble is hard to defeat.

Another thing i forgot to mention is your lather technique. I found it is actually very important for a daily shave to have a good lather consistency. I used to run my lather more thinner with extra water, but i found it to be counter productive in the long run and you develop some irritation. Has to be slightly ticker like yogurt, but not too thick to clog the mild razor... So maybe, instead of using the tin of the soap for lather, invest in a lather bowl and try it if you don't already have one. ;)

I shave every other day because I don't have a heavy beard. I do 2 passes and touch ups. I always get a BBS shave. I mostly use my Leaf Thorn razor or my ATT SB90 Windsor with a Personna blade.

Leaf_.JPG

mcee_sharp

MCEAPWINMOLQOVTIAAWHAMARTHAEHOAIDIAMRHDAE
I'm daily. Typical shave is 2 passes, XTG and then ATG for "BBS" results. I have my beard mapped thoroughly so that helps. Irritation is very rare. Most days with a Vector.

I'm sure my genetics help too, full beard but my whiskers aren't coarse and none curl in any way. I have done ATG only in the past, but ultimately my two passer is quick, the XTG takes no time, and then I go slow with the ATG regardless.

6 days a week. There is the odd week I will get 7 shaves in. 3 passes, WTG, XTG, ATG. I use milder razors. Edwin Jagger DE89, Karve Overlander, Razorock Game Changers .68 and .72 both safety bars. These are my 4. Sometimes I bring out my old Flare Tip Superspeed.

I don't chase a BBS. DFS+ is fine. I get no irritation.

I shave a minimum of six days a week. Every shave is two and a half passes. I never go for BBS, unless I have some specific reason. Most days I land on a DFS+, with the occassional BBS when the stars align. My skin is old and leathery, my whiskers are coarse and mostly white, and my technique with a straight or DE is pretty solid now. I also enjoy shaving, as I have so much capital sunk into the equipment... :)
Ditto.

I only need to shave every other day. I have thick whiskers that lay flat against the skin in some places but my beard isn't heavy so I can get by with a shave every 48 hours. 36 hours would be ideal but I'm not a morning person, so...

I'd say that if you can only shave comfortably every 3-4 days you would be well served by not chasing a bbs shave and should instead do a two pass shave wtg and xtg and aim for dfs. Many of us here can't chase a bbs shave due to whisker or skin characteristics but have no problem with a daily dfs shave. Give it a try and let us know how it goes. 🍻

musicman1951

three-tu-tu, three-tu-tu
I can't shave daily I shave every 3-4 days and I get a full BBS with 3 passes. Technically I could shave daily if I did a one pass shave only. If I would try to shave after 1-2 days I just can't do it, it will hurt and I end up with razor burns etc. My question is: do daily shavers do 3 passes? Do they go for a BBS daily or do you daily shavers just do one pass?
I have to admit I'm wondering about the value of a BBS only twice a week. For me it would make more sense to shave one pass every day - but the good news is your routine need not make sense to me.

I'm guessing you either have skin that will simply not tolerate a daily shave, or some part of your technique might need a tweak. I would definitely try less pressure to see if it makes any difference. Razor burn is usually the result of too much pressure or razor angle that's off a little bit - or both.

I shave daily to BBS.

I shave almost every day, today being a rare Day of Stubble, I'd say on average I shave 10 out of 11 days. I usually do 2 passes and a touchup on two particular areas that always need a little extra attention.
I agree with others that if you shave every day, a mild razor and sharp blades are your best bet.
And I rarely if ever chase a BBS shave. A plain old regular shave works just beautifully for me.

I shave daily. 3 passes plus touchups usually. BBS is not a criteria. My beard is not heavy or coarse and my face is not particularly sensitive. I prefer mild razors. That may be part of why I can shave daily with irritation only when I get heavy-handed.

Another thing i forgot to mention is your lather technique. I found it is actually very important for a daily shave to have a good lather consistency. I used to run my lather more thinner with extra water, but i found it to be counter productive in the long run and you develop some irritation. Has to be slightly ticker like yogurt, but not too thick to clog the mild razor... So maybe, instead of using the tin of the soap for lather, invest in a lather bowl and try it if you don't already have one. ;)
I have been DE shaving since 2012, I noticed that some soaps require more or less waters than others. Proraso and TOBS soaps are the easiest to lather. I used this soaps for many years. Vitos Extra needs more water, Cella too. IMHO you can't go wrong with Proraso, it's my favorite soap.

I have a DFS now and I will shave later. I'll use the Fatip Gentile and a Feather blade.

I can't shave daily I shave every 3-4 days and I get a full BBS with 3 passes. Technically I could shave daily if I did a one pass shave only. If I would try to shave after 1-2 days I just can't do it, it will hurt and I end up with razor burns etc. My question is: do daily shavers do 3 passes? Do they go for a BBS daily or do you daily shavers just do one pass?
I shave face and head weekly. Two ATG passes. Always BBS+. Shaving depends on your whiskers, your whisker growth, your skin sensitivity and your skin condition. Then there is your pre shave, and post shave routines. Lastly selection of software and hardware to do the job. A complicated process with many variables.

If you have normal or robust skin and medium growth and pliable whiskers you can ignore most if not all of the previous paragraph. If not you must identify and deal with the problem variables in your shave process.

I came from decades of cart shaving. I was a three day shaver, with mediocre results and always skin irritation. Embracing DE shaving led me to healthy skin and extremely close shaves. Elevated skin health and shave comfort. It took the best part of three years to identify and correct the variables in my shave process. Skin care health was a main issue which I regret was not first on the list lengthening my journey.

My weekly shaves evolved from correcting and removing the variables that caused skin irritation and poor skin health. I can shave as often as four or five days but I sacrifice a bit of skin comfort. Seven to nine days are the best for zero irritation and elevated skin comfort. Efficiency was key in all software and hardware selections to accomplish good shaves.

In the end your skin health and whisker condition will dictate the best shave intervals to achieve your desired shave results. Firfty odd shaves a year certainly is not the normal or average for mens shaves. It is what works best for my shaves and skin comfort. If all your choices are based on skin comfort you will arrive at your best shave interval.

Top Bottom