What's new

2019 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Maltese Falcon Razor

Fellas,

I think I’m still in, and I want to be in. But I need to finish out the year with a clear conscience, so tell me what you think.

Recently my name came up for trying the Rex Ambassador during it’s US tour. I didn’t think about it until it was over, but I shipped the razor on to the next name on the list and incurred shipping charges for doing so.

I feel like I’m still in as I didn’t really make a shaving purchase, merely paying shipping as I would have done with a PIF or trade or sale. Am I within the rules here?

John

Your good, still in.

Hi,

Rallying. I used to run a Lotus 7 in the SCCA. Not that this a vote for a theme. It doesn't matter much to me.

Stan - Still In

1573631437784.png

Fellas,

I think I’m still in, and I want to be in. But I need to finish out the year with a clear conscience, so tell me what you think.

Recently my name came up for trying the Rex Ambassador during it’s US tour. I didn’t think about it until it was over, but I shipped the razor on to the next name on the list and incurred shipping charges for doing so.

I feel like I’m still in as I didn’t really make a shaving purchase, merely paying shipping as I would have done with a PIF or trade or sale. Am I within the rules here?

John
Your good, still in.

Late to the party here... would it be selfish of me to cast a vote for "out". Merely just for the story write up :p

Just joking above, I think you're in.

Just to play devil advocate... it could warrant a wee installment and it could be one of the few where the good guy just barely gets away. BUT (and it is a big but) this of course depends on Pepin being overtaken by the muses and "penning" another chapter.

JohnWick Close call with postage for a Rex razor pif.

Down the street from Karve's Barbershop operative Johnwick watched as Joel Cario left the shop, then he saw operative Spookmeister enter. He paused, thinking should he stay as backup for Spookmeister, or see where Cairo was headed to. He made up his mind, flooring the pedal he started the engine, and pulled out slowly tailing Cairo. He saw Cairo get into the back of an Oakland sedan. JohnWick eased back a bit, letting the large sedan get ahead a bit. He stayed behind the car for some time, varying his distance so as not to be too obvious. Then he saw the car pull up in front of the Rex Hotel. JohnWick drove past nonchalantly and pull into the alley. He got out and watched as Cairo seemed to loiter by the front entrance. Perhaps he was waiting for someone. Operative JohnWick waited by the corner of the alley, in the shadows. He waited about 20 minutes, and it seemed like an eternity, he was getting cold, and his feet were sore. Now he knew where the expression flatfoot came from. Then he watched as an elegant coupe drove up, Kasper Gutman got out of the passenger side, leaned to over to say something to the driver. It took only a few seconds, and then the car pulled out into traffic and drove away. JohnWick quickly jotted down the number plate. He stood still as Gutman walked up to Cairo, the two held a brief whispered conversation, and then turned to enter the hotel. JohnWick waited a couple of minutes and then followed. He spotted the two by the front desk. He quickly picked up a newspaper, and tucking his brim down made his way closer. He caught he tail-end of the conversation "... yes sir, the ambassador suite. It is already, and your luggage was delivered earlier today." "Very good, that is satisfactory." Turning to his companion, "Shall we make our way up Mr. Cairo, and conclude our business?" "Yes, most certainly." JohnWick stepped back and dropped into an over-stuffed armchair as the two turned and walked past him towards the elevators. He failed to notice two rather large individuals lurking about. JohnWick got up to follow, and as he passed the mail clerk's counter his jacket caught on a piece of broken trim. It ripped with a loud tearing sound, and loose change, and postage stamps spilled onto the floor. He stopped, a deep flush on his face in embarrassment. Then he saw Gutman and Cairo staring at him. Gutman made a gesture and the two goons started to move in. Thinking quickly he stepped up to the two, "Not so fast Gutman, not in public, and with so many watching. You can't afford this spotlight." With that he turned , and pushed his way past he two bodyguards, and made his way out the front. There he quickly found his car and drove off.

wow, if I am ever in the same zipcode as Pepin I seriously own him a drink. I was mostly being my normal jerky self asking for a mini chapter... but you sir have made this sabbatical awesome.

Ruckin (skulking back into the corner)

Gentlemen, I was pondering whether I should join next year sabbatical, and the thought occurred to me: what are the rules for flying commercial airline? Blades are not allowed on a plane by law, for business I always fly with carry on. My trips rarely exceed ten days, so I always purchase one tuck - five blades on location. Not declaring blades to the airport security is out of question, these people are not your friendly and kind TSA agents.

Top Bottom