What's new

Speick After shave splash

Item Description

This classic AS made in Stuttgart, Germany since many decades contains all sorts of natural ingredients to take care of a wetshavers face: fermentation alcohol (no napalm-like burn here), orange blossom water, citrus oils, lavender, menthol, camphor, alum (who needs the block?), liquid wax and, of course, the famous valeriana celtica (speick-plant) extract.

The scent is pure heaven IMO: a combination of orange blossom, lavender and herbaceous and woodsy notes. Lingers for two hours. Same scent as the body soap and the shaving cream, so layering is the way to go.
Price: something like 12 Eur for 100 ml -a liberal application is in order here!
Although Speick has considerable moisturising properties (for an AS splash), I find myself using a light balm afterwards, but I imagine gents with oily skin could easily do without.

Latest reviews

Pros: Great healing
Cons: Polarizing Scent
If you prefer the fragrance of Speick, than I think you will be hard pressed to find a better balanced natural after shave. Great healer chock full of facial goodies.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice smell and soothing
Cons: Heightens razor burn appearance
I love the smell and how it makes the face feel smooth. But it intensifies the visual effects of irritation and razor burn. I must be allergic to something in it. Too bad as I really want to like it more.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
Pros: This is the best there is
Cons: hard to find locally
The amazing aroma combined with the excellent healing effects on the face makes this the ultimate aftershave for me. Only down side is that the smell disappears rather quickly.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)