What's new

Tabac aftershave splash

Item Description

To be short, this stuff is great: smells good, is very effective and quite cheap. The scent is a true classic: very clean and fresh, same as the soap, slightly more leatherish and less floral than the cologne, definitely a lot less floral than the EDT (which I don't like). Downside is that the aroma is so powerful that IMO you can't really use it with other heavily scented soaps or creams.
Tabac splash also takes care of your skin a lot more than other alcohol based aftershaves: burn is mild or sometimes absent and it does have some moisturising properties, although during winter one could add a balm (Tabac a/s balm). And then the packaging... a tall white ceramic and brown bakelite amphora: very classy and manly. If Mäurer and Wirtz ever stop making this one, wetshaving just won't be the the same anymore. Find and hoard at all costs.

Latest reviews

Pros: Nice smell, doesn't dry my skin
Cons: Strong, so use carefully
I wanted to try this one for a while. I found a 50ml bottle in my local supermarket so bought it.

The bottle is small (ofcourse..) and neat. Not flashy.

The scent is nice and fresh. Similar to Old Spice, to my nose, but enjoyable and clean.

Its been on 5 hours now and I can still just about detect it.

It was kind on my skin, not burning or drying at all.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cons: none
This aftershave is fantastic! It smells so good and strong that I sometimes use it instead of my regular cologne. Doesn't really cool my skin and still has a slight alcohol burn. It surprizingly moisturizes well. A really top notch luxurious product. I always look forward to my tabac nights (soap and aftershave combo). Absolutely a must, gents! Enjoy.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Pros: lovely scent that matches the soap, low burn/sting
Cons: none
This is a must have for all Tabac lovers. The scent matches the soap perfectly and unlike some other alcohol based ASLs, there is very little sting when applied. It leaves the face quite nice and tight, without any dryness. I have found that this is the perfect match for my Tabac soap addiction in the summer when the weather is hot and humid. For dryer weather I prefer the ASB which has better moisturizing properties. The bottle is very nice as many other reviewers have stated, and it is extremely strong...the first time I used this product I managed to drop the bottle into the sink and then onto the floor while shaking it!!! No breakages!!! On a more cautionary note, be careful with wet hands as the bottle does not have any grippy areas!!! Also keep it separate from the EDC as they have the exact same bottle (EDC has a blue line though). Highly recommended.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
0.00 star(s)