What's new

Speick After shave splash

Pros: Great healing
Cons: Polarizing Scent
If you prefer the fragrance of Speick, than I think you will be hard pressed to find a better balanced natural after shave. Great healer chock full of facial goodies.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: Nice smell and soothing
Cons: Heightens razor burn appearance
I love the smell and how it makes the face feel smooth. But it intensifies the visual effects of irritation and razor burn. I must be allergic to something in it. Too bad as I really want to like it more.
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
0.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
0.00 star(s)
Pros: This is the best there is
Cons: hard to find locally
The amazing aroma combined with the excellent healing effects on the face makes this the ultimate aftershave for me. Only down side is that the smell disappears rather quickly.
Price
2.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Pros: fragrance
Cons: none
If your looking for an after shave lotion that has the freshest smell without it lingering on and overpowering a sewerage treatment plant without the burn of a blow torch then please use this !!!!

My wife who can smell perfume from a distance of 10m couldn't even sense I had this on until she was next to my face yet I could smell it perfectly on me.

This product is good yet discreet- no need for gas masks upon application !
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Love it, love it, love it! I cannot say it enough.

Price - Pretty amazing value at just under EUR 7.

Quality - All-natural and very high quality.

Fights RB - Absolutely. Anytime I've had even a slightly rough shave, I turn to this because I know it is going to make my skin feel great.

Cooling Sensation - None. But not all *** have to have a cooling sensation to be good.

Scent - This is the only place where I docked some points. The scent is ok, but not great. It's a flowery, citrus-y kind of smell. But it doesn't linger and it's certainly not offensive.

Efficacy - Fantastic all around.

Moisturizing - Make my skin feel lubricated and perfect after my shave.

No AB - It can burn a bit, but I've had much, much harshers ***.

Absolutely worth a try. You won't find a better AS for the money.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
This is a great aftershave even if my ratings don't seem high. That's because of a few minor things, but I still like it.

Price - I think it's a fair price for the product. It's made of quality ingredients.

Quality - See above.

Fights Razor Burn - Tough one. If I do get razor burn, this is the hottest aftershave I have and tends to turn the razor burn a bit more red.

Scent - I go back and forth with this. I do like it, I don't, it's ok.

Efficacy - Once you splash it on hang on for the ride because that initial blast of alcohol coupled with the alum deliver quit a punch if you were the least bit heavy handed with the razor. More often than not, I use this stuff as a test of how good my shave was. A good shave is rewarded with minimal to no burn. Anywhere you feel the burn you know you have to work on lightening your touch up in that area next time
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
2.00 star(s)
A must have in the den. Period! This stuff moisturizes just like a balm, but without the greasy look. It just makes my face so smooth and soft. Smell is awesome, but only lasts 10 minutes if that. Sometimes I like that though, I'll throwa more scented balm on after like my Cade ASB. I've been using it every day with different soaps and following it with TGR or my Cade ASB. It's a very versatile AS. Buy this NOW!!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
A good product, compatible (scent-wise) with a large number of shave creams and soaps.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
3.00 star(s)
Efficacy
3.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Nice aftershave splash, very soothing and healing without being greasy/oily. Not crazy about the scent, though...it's OK but nothing that excites me. Fortunately, it doesn't last long, so it doesn't interfere with other colognes/EDTs. If it was easily available here in the States and inexpensively priced, I'd probably keep a bottle in my rotation. As it stands now, I probably won't replace it after this one is finished.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
2.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This aftershave splash is just as effective as a splash as the cream is as a shave cream if that makes sense :thumbup1:

For being an aftershave with alcohol, to my suprise, it did not burn much during application. This is probably due to the plant ingredients. Very, very good.

Scent is exactly the same as the cream. Delicious.

Fairly moisturizing for an AS.

Good stuff. I use this in conjunction with speick cream and tabac to much success. Like I said, it's a speick product. :thumbup1:
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
3.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
3.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
Well, I finally picked up a bottle since it is so highly rated (appears to occur in approximately 50% of posts in threads of favorite aftershave...), I like the scent of the shaving cream and I am actively looking for new a/s splashes that I like. Couldn't get a sample so I bought the whole bottle.

Price is fair.

Efficacy and quality are top notch - this stuff has many beneficial ingredients and feels very good going on. Can't complain here.

Scent on the other hand leaves something to be desired. Based on comments/reviews, I expected the scent to be similar to the shaving cream, to be light and to fade very quickly. I was dissappointed however. I do not find the scent to match the shaving cream very well. I would describe it as herbal and vegetal with a distinct powdery note as it dries down. Don't care for it much, particularly the powdery component. However, on the positive side it is light and could easily be overpowered by another scent - that way one can enjoy the efficacy without being stuck with the smell. As far as longevity I found it to last significantly longer than reported, although it is a light scent throughout its lifespan. Because scents applied to the face are so proximal to the nose, I find I become conditioned to the scent. So to test the longevity, I applied some to my forearm with nothing on my face one morning. I found it to be still (barely) detectible up to 8 hours later - much longer than others have reported. As I said, however, the scent is light and does not dominate.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
1.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I've amassed a few splashes; Proraso, Musgo, Tabac. They're all good in different ways, and so is Spieck.

Really nice soft citrus scent, very fresh and clean. Lingers as long as Musgo for me, which has almost a cologne's staying power.

Works well on burn and irritation, but those issues are mild for me now, if at all. Gentle on the burn, and if my skin didn't tend towards dry, this would moisturise enough.

Here in Australia, almost everything imported is pricey, but at around $22, this is excellent value.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
2.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
0.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
3.00 star(s)
Price

At almost $20 US per bottle, this is more expensive than I'd like. Since I really enjoy this AS, and bottles of AS last quite a while for me, I'm not too upset about the price.

Quality

This is high quality stuff. You can tell it was blended for the express purpose of making a first rate aftershave and it uses quality ingredients.

The ingredients are as follows:

Alcohol
Aqua
Sorbitol
Glucose
Mannitol
Valeriana Celtica Extract
Hamamelis Virginiana Distillate
Lavandula Angustifolia Oil
Citrus Medica Limonum Oil
Parfum
Lactic Acid
Potassium Alum
Menthol
Camphor
Benzyl Benzoate
Butylphenyl Methylpropional
Citral
Citronellol
Eugenol
Geraniol
Limonene
Linalool

Fights Razor Burn

I don't get razor burn that often any more, but if my shave is a little rougher in spots I find this AS helps calm and soothe my face a little bit, which is all I can really ask for.

Cooling Sensation

This isn't really a cooling type AS. It does have menthol in there but you can't really smell it, so the concentration is very small. I can detect a very, very slight cooling effect but that's it. If you want a freeze your face type AS, look elsewhere.

Scent

Lavender and citrus EO. The scent is very light and crisp and I like it a lot. It doesn't linger long and will not clash with most colognes. I tend to think of this as a spring/summer AS because the scent is so light and refreshing.

Efficacy

It gets the job done and does what it is supposed to do.

Moisturizing

This isn't going to moisturize your face. If you want moisture, you need to apply a balm or face moisturizer after using this.

No Alcohol Burn

I didn't rate it here because this is an alcohol based AS. It is a fairly mild one though, and the sting doesn't feel overwhelming if applied to a wet face with wet hands. If you have been a little too rough on certain areas of your face, this AS will definitely let you know for a few seconds.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
1.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
1.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
1.00 star(s)
My first impression of Speick's scent is very light clean. Citrus on Woods is always a nice neutral, non offensive scent. I really see a minimum amount of people disagreeing with this scent making it a safe purchase. In terms of effectiveness there are a lot of goodies in there (although in small doses), however not moisturizers. This will heal your skin beautifully after a rough shave and on a hot day it's perfect. The only negative is the cheap looking plastic cap they use. It's an embarrassment to display next to the likes of DR Harris and others. Overall a solid performing, nice smelling aftershave that should be tried by all wet shavers on their journey of discovery.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I don't know why it took me so long to try this aftershave. I got caught up in the higher end stuff for a few years thinking they would all be better. Well, I'll save you the suspense ... most are not better than Speick.

Like many above have stated, it simply feels great even after a heavy handed shave with a feather blade. Yes, it does bite a bit, but not like many others. The smell is fantastic - another area that more money does not make better. It simply works.

I simply like it. The women in my life love the smell and it's not too strong. In the beginning on this product journey thingy, I asked for a simple great smelling splash aftershave. I got lots of stuff that smelled good, but was not good for the skin - caused redness, ingrowns, and burned like a mutha. I wish I would have found this one sooner.

This should be a required product for wetshavers.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
1.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
Just recently got this aftershave and have used it for about 2 weeks straight. Love the scent, a nice bit of a sting after application but cools down quickly. Not bad moisturizing either for an splash, definately a winner for summer.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I recently received this A/S from westcoast (tyx John) and it really made me think about B&B and its purpose. For the most part, we all come here in the hopes of improving our shaves. Then we become hoarders of everything we like. Eventually, we get around to trying various products to narrow down our preferences. Sometimes in the process, we miss out on the 'classics' although we have heard about them ad infinitum.

Well Speick is definitely an 'ad infinitum' product which lives up to its adulation. i am a 48 year old black male w/ oily skin. Speick is the only moisturizing splash I am aware of. After going through my normal shave routine( 2 WTG, 1 XTG, and 1 ATG followed by hws,cws,alum block, and w/h) then applying Speick, I was in faceturbation heaven.

My face felt like I had used a balm and lotion on it which blew me away. I try to limit the amount of moisturizers I use because of not wanting to get 'shiny'-mission accomplished w/ Speick.

Althoug not easily obtainable here in the states(no offense John), it's well worth the money. You will see from my scores that it got 10's for scent,efficacy, and moisturizing-the areas I consider first for A/S. It does not burn like most, but it does burn initially(more like simmer).

Too bad the plant Speick is based on doesn't grow here in America-if it did AV would truly be given a run for the money. Congrats to those who live overseas and can pick this up virtually everywhere-I envy you.

marty
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
5.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
4.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
This is a great! Tryied it for a couple of times so far. Love it! Great scente :w00t:
This aftershave has a great balance to it. It leaves my face moisturized, but not too much like NIVEA ASB. The face isn't greasy, it's just the way it should be. Perfect here.
The scent, which is great IMO, is there and lingers for a couple of hours.
It also has some interesting ingredients like:
camphor(heats the face a bit)
menthol(cools is down a bit :lol: . It's there just for the scent I guess)
alum stuff(same as styptic pencil) heals small cuts
witch hazel

I like it allot.
It is better than NIVEA, Florena ASB(regular or sensitive)
You must at least try it:thumbup:
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
4.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
3.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
4.00 star(s)
I may be biased here, since I love all things Speick, but this has to be the best AS I have ever tried. Not so much scentwise, but it absolutely takes care of everything happening in your face after a shave. Razor burn, irritation itching: gone.
If you had a great shave beforehand (preferably with Speick soap or cream), it's simply fantastic.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
5.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
4.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
5.00 star(s)
Cooling Sensation
5.00 star(s)
Fights Razor Burn
5.00 star(s)
I love this aftershave. I look forward to splashing this on after a nice bbs shave and cold water rinse. The fragrance is heavenly, but unfortunately the scent is very short lived. Speick does a great job on my oily type complexion with no tacky film, yet still calms any shaving irritation I may experience. It's one of my top 3 AS's along with Proraso and Alt Innsbruck.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Efficacy
4.00 star(s)
Moisturizing
3.00 star(s)
No Alcohol Burn
2.00 star(s)