Items by Lightwaves

From Lorenzo Villoresi: "Dilmun is the paradise of the ancient Mesopotamians, the place where the sun rises and where the Sumerian creation myth takes place. A citrus top note with green and floral nuances opens into a heart of Neroli and Orange Blossoms, with touches of Opoponax, Incense,Laurel and Flowers, on a background of Citrus and fragrant resins, with light hints of aromatic Woods, Vanilla and floral extracts. Top note Citrus, Rose, Jasmin, Orange blossom, Green Leaves and...
From Lorenzo Villoresi: "Outcomes of citrus and green. Peppers and Tuscan Spices. Woods of Sandal of Mysore, Oakmoss, Patchouli and Vetiver Bourbon. Strength in the form of resins, roots, vegetable mousses and Asian balsams. Top note Bergamot, Petitgrain, Laurel, Lemon, Orange, Coriander, Lavender, Elemi Middle note Neroli, Sage, Juniper, Clove, Pepper, Thyme Base note Vetiver, Sandalwood, Patchouli, Musk, Oakmoss, Cedarwood, Rosemary"...
From Santa Maria Novella (SMN): "This fresh, invigorating fragrance, a perfect balance of the scents and essences of sunny Sicily, is composed predominantly of mandarin orange top notes with a hint of cypress. Perfect for men or women who desire a summery, fresh scent. " This one starts off with a citrus lemon burst. The citrus topnotes are carried well with a little sweetness in the background. The sweet notes can be described as orange with subtle vanilla clove. Moving into...
Santa Maria Novella (SMN) is an Italian fragrance house I had never heard of before but I grabbed a bunch of testers from their distribution outlet in NY. This Eva cologne is a unisex scent but apparently it was made for women. Not quite sure about that but I'm sure it quite good. From SMN: "Santa Maria Novella's newest fragrance, named after Eve, the first woman. A fresh blend of citrus and bergamot combined with a spicy and woodsy scent of black pepper topped off with a classic...
From the company: "Mandarin orange, spicy bergamot, and hints of amber and musk". The initial top notes start off strong with the citrus orange, some lemon and other complex tones. In about 15-30 min the middle notes come out with a floral makup, its nice. The scent almost does a swap between the top notes and middle to basenotes. The floral here is a tad bit better say Acqua Di Parma because it tends to hold the citrus with very slight spicy wood basenotes somewhere behind the...
I have a sample of this and tried it today. Its discontinued but I figured I would still write the review for historical purposes, after all, it is in our best interest to have a comprehensive list of scents and reviews. This is a floral scent and I think it was originally made for women. It starts off strong with sweet floral womenly tones. I'm not good with flowers so I won't try and list what I think I smell. But After the initial floral blast, its middle and basenotes come out...
From Penhaligon's: "Head Notes Bergamot, Mandarin, Lavender and Sage Heart Notes Geranium and Coffee Absolute Base Notes Vetiver, Nutmeg, Black pepper, Cardamom, Musk, Leather, Sandalwood, Incense, Frankincense and Myrrh" This one starts off similar to LP#9 without the overly sweet and strong clove notes but evolves much better. Its a gentle nice scent with an all around quality. There's not too much of a difference I could detect moving through the layers of top to...
From Acqua Di Parma: "bitter orange of Sicily, bergamot and verbena to the warm and spicy notes of cardamon, pink pepper and pimento. Jasmine, rose, ylang ylang, and wild orchid are blended with exotic vetiver, American cedar...white musk and amber" Somewhat similar opening topnotes as the original Colonia but with a more spice and umph. Colonia Assoluta is my favorite scent from Acqua Di Parma. Clean, fresh and citrusy, it's in a class by itself. It is a eDC so it lasts quite long...
Lightwaves
0.63 star(s) 16 ratings
Views
Reviews
From Acqua Di Parma: "Perfect blend of Sicilian citrus fruit...flower essences...english lavendar, rosemary, verbena, and Bulgarian rose...precious oriental woods as sandalo mysore, vetiver, cedar and ylang ylang." I was surprised to see this was not already reviewed here. This is one of those colognes that just make you say "aaah this is what I was looking for" and "damn thats good". It is an Italian scent so you know there will some complexity to it. I'm not a professional...
In 2004, Penhaligon's changed the name for this cologne from Lords to Douro. I like the old name better but who knows. The scent opens with a nice slight lemony clean smell. Many of the Penhaligons scents seem to have a similar foundation of smell and this carries that really well. The lemon is slight, not overwhelming. It also carries with it a nice clean barbershop type scent. It has good staying power and is a classic in my book. Its not an intense scent as it won't shout out...
Lightwaves
0.79 star(s) 102 ratings
Views
Reviews
I just pulled this along with the Pinaud Clubman Talc out of the depths of my bathroom cabinet. Its been there for a good 6 years while I have been searching for a great barber salon nostalgic scent. Taking a whiff of this straight away it smells pretty good, but after you put it on, boy it just brings out the best in any shave. Although its alcohol based the sting is fairly minimal. I dont soak my face with the alcohol based products anyways and follow with a more hydrating product. It...
Lightwaves
1.00 star(s) 5 ratings
Views
Reviews
Im a newbie to this stuff so I will try my best here. I purchased an old bowl of this online in the search of the old nostalgic barber salon soap (this was before I found this site). The shave soap was never used and in pristine condition. Upon arriving the first thing I did was to clean the old wooden bowl as well as run several passes of a bristle brush over the top to remove any old aging stuff. The scent is a gentle coconut aroma backed with slight cardamom woody notes. It...
I absolutely fell in love with CE's Jojoba line of bath and skin care products. The smell is very clean and gentle. Jojoba is one of the best products for the skin since the oil is most similar to our naturally secreted body oils. I consider this scent from them to be in my top three list. The price is a bit high but its well worth the scent. You can save some money by following the two yearly sales and stock up at that time. I was only disappointed they didnt have anything for the...
Top Bottom