What's new

Acqua Di Parma Colonia

A classic
Pros: incredible scent
Cons: longevity
Really love all things Colonia. The scent is incredible, the pricing not so bad, and if it had the staying power it would be the best summer scent ever.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Pros: packaging seems nice ?
Cons: scent lasts maybe 5 minutes ? smells like perfume
I bought this because everyone on here said it was so good. Went on e bay , ordered it, and man was I let down. It smells like old lady perfume, but I figured I'd try it anyway. I gave myself about 4 sprays, and about 15 minutes later the scent was completely gone, no one even knew I was wearing a scent. Don't waste your time and money on this..
Price
0.00 star(s)
Scent
0.00 star(s)
Quality
0.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
0.00 star(s)
Staying Power
0.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
0.00 star(s)
Pros: Fresh but lasting, citrusy, and old-style
Cons: Price
Excellent, fresh, lasting though being citrus. I like this old cologne with an always nice scent. MY cologne.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
This is the best cologne ever conceived.....EVER! I gave it all 10s because it is perfect on all counts. AdP is the crispest, cleanest, & lightest scent you will come across. The best way to peg the scent is "citrusy floral". When first applied the citrus takes center stage. Upon drydown the florals kick in and a warm rosiness develops with the citrus lingering in the background. On my skin it lasts all day. My body chemistry just works with the stuff and I am so glad it does because this unique frag is a one of a kind since 1916. A must try for everyone!
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Last year I spent a good part of it checking out most of the new colognes and revisiting some of the classics...I've given much thought to picking a top ten, and much more thought to finalizing a top 5...But no matter how I shuffle the deck, this one is always number one to me.

Thats saying something and Acqua di Parma Colonia will not relinquish it's top spot. First off it's been in a class to itself since 1916...It was the favorite during the Golden Age of Hollywood through today by that city's biggest stars and trend-setters...Like Cary Grant, Audrey Hepburn, David Niven and Sharon Stone to name a few. The reasons for this are many, but the fact remains that this is a very high quality blend of natural ingredients that makes you smell great without drawing attention to itself.

Acqua di Parma Colonia starts off with a blast of citrus, mostly lemon. Never the "Lemon Pledge" scent so prominant today. In short order the perfectly blended lavender, and rose making a very clean and unsentimental flowery accord. A perfect citrus, lavender, floral that stays very close to the skin...From here on through the Basenotes, there is a powdery thing going on, in a good, I mean in a great way...If you don't like powder, then this isn't your cologne...But I love powdery scents, and this one is the bomb. Never "Old Folks", but fresh. It's also the best Lavender scent I've ever tried...The first time I used it, I couldn't help but think...This must be what heaven smells like...

This one is an olfactory roller-coaster...Pressing all the right buttons, I can't sniff it without remembering, imagining, or being warmed by feelings of well-being.

This one is a must try...It's a classic masterpiece that set a very high standard for quality and excellence, and by being as contemporary today as when it was released almost a century ago has given new meaning to the word timeless.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
bergamot, lemon, bitter orange, sweet orange, lavender, rose, verbena, clary sage, rosemary, cedarwood, patchouli, sandalwood, vetiver, and oakmoss

It starts off with a very realistic citrus (especially lemon) and some nice florals start creeping in (especially rose). They blend together almost like a lemon candy rose and the lavender balances them out. This is perfect for good weather. I think Creed Citrus Bigarrade is the direct competitor for this one since both have floral notes competing with the citrus. The Creed is slightly more orange and the Colonia is more lemon. The lemon is long lasting compared to most. Here's an example where the rosemary and patchouli help instead of hinder. The drydown wood is more powdery and clean laundry than woody but but not unpleasant. I probably like Creed Citrus Bigarrade a little more but not much more. Everyone who hasn't sampled it should. Like most citrus scents it won't go much farther than a couple of hours before the florals and herbal drydown continue for the rest of the show. The price is better than the Creed so you wouldn't be missing much if you went with this one.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
2.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
Just picked up 100ml of the Colonia

50 ml of the Intensa

And a free atomizer filled with enough Colonia Abssoluta for approx. 50 to 60 sprays

Plus two small sample bottles of more Colonia.

Purchased at Nordstrom. Excellent cologne and excellent service and free goodies. It's expensive but they treat you special and it's a nice feeling.
Acqua di Parma Colonia (1916)

I must say this fragrance is truly wonderful. I agree with Luca Turin that is has an Edwardian flair (since it was introduced shortly after he left the throne). AdP opens with a sparkling, elegant lemon tempered with lavender and a bouquet of Herbs du Provence like rosemary, thyme, and basil. After about ten minutes the floral heart kicks in. This is not a perfumey or powerful floral like Hammam Bouquet, but a conservative, moderately dry field of rich Bulgarian roses blended exquisitely with exotic ylang and a drop of stuffy jasmine. AdP eventually dries down to a light musk, moss, and cedar base. As far as I am concerned, this IS the traditional cologne embodying all the elements of turn of the century perfumery. I high recommend it.
Reading some of the other posts on this products, I can't help but notice the divergence of opinions different people can have about the same scent. I am totally surprised to see some of these reviews saying the scent of this product is too powdery. I don't find it that way at all and I am one who does not like a powdery scent. I find traditional Acqua Velva Ice Blue too powdery. But I don't find Acqua di Parma to be powdery at all. On the contrary, I find this scent if to be crisp, clean and refreshingly citrus-like. I love this scent.

Staying power is good. Its complexity resonates well with my olfactory equipment. An excellent product.
i have an interesting note to make. i feel like the best in this cologne cannot be measured by just spraying it on and wearing it around. i feel like the true beauty of it is found during a nice love making session that creates just a bit of perspiration. it creates a perfect scent.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
As much as I read that this is THE warm weather cologne and as much as I want to like it, I just can't get into the powdery scent. I don't get citrus, just powder. I like Castile, so go figure. To me, if I had to take either AdP or Racquets (both powdery) or just three shakes of Johnson and Johnson baby powder, I'd probably go with the latter... price point, $2.99 at your local drug store.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
2.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
3.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
4.00 star(s)
Love, love , love.
I will never be caught without it.

It contains orange essential oils, a orange oils are used in aromatherapy for uplifting the mind and spirit.

Thats probably why I feel so good when I wear it.

It's superb.
Price
5.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
This is a powdery-floral fragrance with citric notes. I Isually hate podery fragrances, I do not understand the pourpouse of them but this one has just te hright balance of notes. Much better blended than other powdery Florals like Floris 89 and HAmmam Bouquet. IMO
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
3.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
A wonderful classic Italian fragrance that exudes class and style. Perfect for warmer weather, it's only drawback is it's longevity is not that good. Some people would think that's a plus, however.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
I pick up a combination of citrus and Bulgarian rose in the beginning, then it dries down to a dusty rose. I step into two sprays, and it lasts the day on me. I like it and will happily use the bottle I have, but will probably move on after this bottle. I consider AdP Colonia a floral, and Floris 89 has since gotten my nod in that department.

Sometimes I'm a bit self-conscious when wearing it in public because the scent isn't what many people are used to in a cologne. I think it's well suited to its environment, upper crust northern Italy of the early 1900's. I don't find it to be an everyday fragrance, but it's beautiful for the right occasions.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
5.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
5.00 star(s)
From Acqua Di Parma:

"Perfect blend of Sicilian citrus fruit...flower essences...english lavendar, rosemary, verbena, and Bulgarian rose...precious oriental woods as sandalo mysore, vetiver, cedar and ylang ylang."

I was surprised to see this was not already reviewed here. This is one of those colognes that just make you say "aaah this is what I was looking for" and "damn thats good". It is an Italian scent so you know there will some complexity to it. I'm not a professional reviewer so bare with me.

The opening is clearly a clean and fresh sicilian citrus. The topnotes of this scent are second to none. The middle notes are more citrus with lavendar and some rosemary with other slight woody characteristics. The basenotes here are mainly floral and the citrus and other notes almost disappear.

I'm not a floral cologne person so this is why I prefer Colonia Assoluta versus the original Colonia. The cost is not the best but this is not an everyday wear, maybe once a week and special occasions - you get what you pay for.

The staying power could be a little better but its not too bad considering the basenotes are floral.

It is available at Nordstroms, Nieman Marcus and some Sephora stores. You can always go in and try the testers.
Price
3.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
5.00 star(s)
Staying Power
4.00 star(s)