What's new

Penhaligon's Eau Sans Pareil

Item Description

I have a sample of this and tried it today. Its discontinued but I figured I would still write the review for historical purposes, after all, it is in our best interest to have a comprehensive list of scents and reviews.

This is a floral scent and I think it was originally made for women. It starts off strong with sweet floral womenly tones. I'm not good with flowers so I won't try and list what I think I smell. But After the initial floral blast, its middle and basenotes come out beautifully - this is where it shines. I even thought "I could wear this every once in a while, its nice". The sweet and powerful floral tones drop a little and you are left with a clean floral scent not overpowering the room and your nose. Staying power is perfectly balanced. Still sweet but not overly done. It may touch on the edge of powdery but is not powdery at all.

This is my third floral encounter and the mid-basenotes on this is clearly better than Acqua Di Parma's Colonia's basenotes of rose floral.

Maybe Penhaligon's has replaced this or renamed it with something else but this one is nice. Much nicer than some of their current stuff, I must say!

Latest reviews

I had this as a sample years ago as well. It was always a real pleasure, a very subtle and soothing fragrance, and I for one am sorry they discontinued it.
I have a sample of this and tried it today. Its discontinued but I figured I would still write the review for historical purposes, after all, it is in our best interest to have a comprehensive list of scents and reviews.

This is a floral scent and I think it was originally made for women. It starts off strong with sweet floral womenly tones. I'm not good with flowers so I won't try and list what I think I smell. But After the initial floral blast, its middle and basenotes come out beautifully - this is where it shines. I even thought "I could wear this every once in a while, its nice". The sweet and powerful floral tones drop a little and you are left with a clean floral scent not overpowering the room and your nose. Staying power is perfectly balanced. Still sweet but not overly done. It may touch on the edge of powdery but is not powdery at all.

This is my third floral encounter and the mid-basenotes on this is clearly better than Acqua Di Parma's Colonia's basenotes of rose floral.

Maybe Penhaligon's has replaced this or renamed it with something else but this one is nice. Much nicer than some of their current stuff, I must say!
Price
1.00 star(s)
Scent
4.00 star(s)
Quality
5.00 star(s)
Packaging
1.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
5.00 star(s)
Quality of Atomizer
1.00 star(s)

Item information

Added by
Lightwaves
Views
Reviews
Last update

More in Fragrance (Reviews)

• Woodhue for Men
    Woodhue for Men is a masculine fragrance by Fabergé. The scent was...
  • Bulgari Pour Homme Soir
    Bulgari Pour Homme Soir by Bulgari is a Woody Floral Musk fragrance for...
  • Obsession for Men
    A fresh citrus explosion at the top notes (tangerine, grapefruit, lime...
  • Body Kouros
    Body Kouros by Yves Saint Laurent is a Oriental Spicy fragrance for...
  • Paco Rabanne
    Paco Rabanne by Paco Rabanne is a Aromatic Fougere fragrance for men...

More from Lightwaves

Top Bottom