What's new

Santa Maria Novella Eva Cologne

Santa Maria Novella (SMN) is an Italian fragrance house I had never heard of before but I grabbed a bunch of testers from their distribution outlet in NY.

This Eva cologne is a unisex scent but apparently it was made for women. Not quite sure about that but I'm sure it quite good.

From SMN: "Santa Maria Novella's newest fragrance, named after Eve, the first woman. A fresh blend of citrus and bergamot combined with a spicy and woodsy scent of black pepper topped off with a classic vetiver scent makes this perfectly suitable for men or women."

The top notes start off quite smoothly with a nice touch of citrus, more lime with hints of lemon, coupled with a spicy peppery bergamot and other woody notes. From the mid - basenotes, the vetiver plays well and it retains its spicy character while losing some of the citrus notes. A great scent.

The staying power reasonably good. Price are a bit high but this one is a tad bit more reasonable than some of the others.

One thing I can say about SMN colognes is they are of a high quality. I have tried only three of their colognes thus far but I would say this scent house tops Penhaligons. Similar to Penhaligons, their colognes also carry a similar foundation throughout the offerings, its something of a carrier oil or something, not quite sure.
Price
4.00 star(s)
Scent
5.00 star(s)
Quality
4.00 star(s)
Packaging
4.00 star(s)
Complexity
4.00 star(s)
Staying Power
3.00 star(s)