Tue 8 Slantember 5th SOTD
Soap OSP BayRum
Brush Yaqi 24mm Aqua Tuxedo
Razor RazoRock German 37 Slant
Blade Gillette Nacet Stainless 2nd
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Bootleg BayRum
What a great soap! Just a brief 20sec load from the tub result in a super creamy and slick lather. Scent for me is amazing!
Shave with razor paired with the blade was very nice. Sharp, smooth, comfortable and efficient. 3+1 passes and bbs result. Icy water rinse followed by Thayers then Hyaluronic and lastly my own mix of boot leg BayRum...the original Clubman VIBR is too strong with clove so after mixing...so much better!
Rating 10/10!
20200908_000915.jpg

20200908_073839.jpg

Slantember shave #6
Razor: Merkur 37C
Blade: Personna Lab Blue (2)
Brush: RazoRock Plissoft Monster Synthetic Shaving Brush - 26mm
Lather: Proraso Red Shaving soap in a bowl
Aftershave: Nivea Sensitive Post Shave Balm

No nicks. Mild irritation. No itching.
Very close. Pleasant shave.

Rating: 9.8/10

Flintstone65

Imagining solutions for imaginary problems
Slantember Labor Day (a day late posting) -- so I covered quite a bit of ground yesterday as it was Micromatic Monday, Schicktember SEptember, and of course, Slantember. So the Maggard Slant with a Nacet blade was the star of the show for this particular thread. I find it to be an easy slant to use, but not very efficient. Soap was Valobra Fougere, and the brush was a Yaqi Timberwolf.
proxy.php

IMG_0512.jpeg

SOTD Slantember 8

Old Spice. If your grandfather hadn't worn it, you wouldn't exist. Maybe.

Razor: iKon X3 on Durham handle
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Germany (2)
Brush: Ever-Ready 100
Soap: Artifact Soap Works Old Spice-type shea shaving soap
AS: Old Spice. The real deal, in its original 1967-era bottle, liberated from my father's medicine cabinet.

Except for that weird razor, this shave looks like something straight out of 1969. At 49, I wasn't there for that.

The aftershave belonged to my father. He has departed this vale of tears, not that he had any influence on my current shaving habits; he was a Norelco man and so was I for my first fifteen years. He only wore the OS for special occasions - he would have acquired it while he was dating my late mother, but the bottle is still almost full, and there was another newer one in the cabinet too. I remember him always smelling like Williams Lectric Shave, not this. If he smelled like this, that meant we were on our way to a wedding.

Anyway. It was the iKon's turn in the Slantember rotation and I was better at finding shaving angles today. Good 3-pass BBS. But you have to keep a sharp ear open while using this thing to make sure it's cutting. I'm okay with the FOCS being that quiet because it's so easy to make it cut. It takes more effort to make this one cut.

That brush arrived in the house today, acquired just because it was cheap. The knot was in good enough shape that I thought I'd try cleaning it and using it as is. It worked. I don't know how much I'll use it. This handle style, popular as it is, looks funny to me, because I hang my brushes upside down to dry. When I do that with this brush, it looks like the head of a snowman wearing a red hat. And I can't un-see that anymore.

The soap also arrived in the house today because I wanted an Old Spice-scented soap without much of an investment. Eight bucks on Etsy. Smells like how Old Spice should. Not at all a lather monster, but it was plenty slick and did the job.

Personally I'm happy with the scent and the face feel from these products. I don't actually know how my mother felt about the scent, though. I suppose the fact that the bottle is still almost full answers that question. Dad must have had other charms.

Last edited:
View attachment 1152159

SOTD Slantember 8

Old Spice. If your grandfather hadn't worn it, you wouldn't exist. Maybe.

Razor: iKon X3 on Durham handle
Blade: Wilkinson Sword Germany (2)
Brush: Ever-Ready 100
Soap: Artifact Soap Works Old Spice-type shea shaving soap
AS: Old Spice. The real deal, in its original 1967-era bottle, liberated from my father's medicine cabinet.

Except for that weird razor, this shave looks like something straight out of 1969. At 49, I wasn't there for that.

The aftershave belonged to my father. He has departed this vale of tears, not that he had any influence on my current shaving habits; he was a Norelco man and so was I for my first fifteen years. He only wore the OS for special occasions - he would have acquired it while he was dating my late mother, but the bottle is still almost full, and there was another newer one in the cabinet too. I remember him always smelling like Williams Lectric Shave, not this. If he smelled like this, that meant we were on our way to a wedding.

Anyway. It was the iKon's turn in the Slantember rotation and I was better at finding shaving angles today. Good 3-pass BBS. But you have to keep a sharp ear open while using this thing to make sure it's cutting. I'm okay with the FOCS being that quiet because it's so easy to make it cut. It takes more effort to make this one cut.

That brush arrived in the house today, acquired just because it was cheap. The knot was in good enough shape that I thought I'd try cleaning it and using it as is. It worked. I don't know how much I'll use it. This handle style, popular as it is, looks funny to me, because I hang my brushes upside down to dry. When I do that with this brush, it looks like the head of a snowman wearing a red hat. And I can't un-see that anymore.

The soap also arrived in the house today because I wanted an Old Spice-scented soap without much of an investment. Eight bucks on Etsy. Smells like how Old Spice should. Not at all a lather monster, but it was plenty slick and did the job.

Personally I'm happy with the scent and the face feel from these products. I don't actually know how my mother felt about the scent, though. I suppose the fact that the bottle is still almost full answers that question. Dad must have had other charms.

Early candidate for Slantember Post of the Month.:thumbup1:

Shave with this slant razor paired with blade was bloody today. Multiple weepers...even from the 1st wtg pass. Must be the blade...will try another blade next. Still able to complete 3 multiple direction passes and stop. Plenty of extra lather waiting...ahahaha

I've noticed my Parker Semi-Slant sometimes twists the blade unevenly from one side to the other. It's hard to describe, but one side has the blade sitting very close to the guard, almost touching, while the other side twists the blade so one corner rises significantly off the guard. If I shave like this, weepers are guaranteed.

So I always check for this. If I notice that one side has the corner of the blade twisting away from the guard, I'll reload the blade, see if it's fixed, and if it's not, put that blade aside for another razor and grab a new one.

Wed 9 Slantember 6th SOTD
Cream Suezbana Aloe & Lavender
Brush Yaqi 26mm Lucky Dice 2 Band Badger
Razor Parker Semi Slant
Blade Sharp JAWS Platinum 4th
Post & Aftershave
Ice Water + Special Thayers Mix
Hyaluronic + Bootleg BayRum
Face lathering with the nice brush produces a good slick and pleasant scent lather. Really good scent.
Shave with razor paired with blade was uneventful...3 multiple passes went without issues. It was smooth, sharpish and comfortable. Between bbs to dfs result. Great post shave...leaving the shave areas cool then soothed by Hyaluronic and lastly the Bootleg BayRum. Rating 9.7/10
Side note: I understand better about this SemiSlant razor and as a result nice smooth no issues shaves..
20200908_202028.jpg

20200909_073213.jpg

I've noticed my Parker Semi-Slant sometimes twists the blade unevenly from one side to the other. It's hard to describe, but one side has the blade sitting very close to the guard, almost touching, while the other side twists the blade so one corner rises significantly off the guard. If I shave like this, weepers are guaranteed.

So I always check for this. If I notice that one side has the corner of the blade twisting away from the guard, I'll reload the blade, see if it's fixed, and if it's not, put that blade aside for another razor and grab a new one.
Hi and thanks for sharing. I have 2 slants, this Parker and the RR German 37, and this Parker align the blades much better most of the time. My semi-slant rarely misaligned for me although I can tell you, due to the slant angles...our eyes always tell us differently....My problem with the semi-slant is if I did not tighten down the top cap and base sufficiently enough...plus wrong blade choice. After that bloody session...I persevered and use again twice more and have nothing but great shaves like this morning..

Sometimes I find the types of blades can affect alignment because of the blade center gap is slightly different.

I do have to fiddle more with the RR German 37.

You are right...if the blade is skewed badly...be safe and don't use.... Try to tighten a bit more. Below are comparison pictures of my previous shave with the semi-slant and today.
Left was 2 days ago and right today...notice the top and base is not tighten and on the right is securely tightened.
As you can see...the blade looks like it's not aligned properly...hahahaha...it is and shave smoothly
20200909_142056.jpg

Top Bottom