What's new

How do you organize your shaving gear?

What are the dimension of your cobtainers?
Looks like a great system. You are well stocked!
Thank you

They're the InterDesign Linus drawer organizers and the ones I'm using are (L x W x H):
-6" x 3" x 2", they hold 32 paper tucks (16 rows x 2)
-9" x 3" x 2", they hold 56 paper tucks (28 rows x 2)
-9" x 3" x 2" double, they hold 112 paper tucks (28 rows x 2 x 2)

Thank you. Im getting a lot of inspiration from this thread. Now how to handle my brushes on the counter.
How much counter space do you have & how many brushes would you like to store? Any particular preference on material or finish?

I used a drill and a saber saw and a file .
it works great with the DE Razors ,The SE is a tad off but still works ok.
THX

Most of my den..not as extravagant as some but works for me:001_smile

Attachments

• DDF43411-7B09-4507-8CDD-F859EE23AD34.jpeg
    DDF43411-7B09-4507-8CDD-F859EE23AD34.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 69
This was a very helpful thread! Amazon delivered today and here’s how it turned out.
44CB9AB8-26D7-49F6-A52D-297781B88DE8.jpeg

I felt like I had found a solution— the LOTH felt like I had uncovered a problem. She didn’t know about the four pucks and three toners on the way— now that might start to look like a problem!

This was a very helpful thread! Amazon delivered today and here’s how it turned out.
View attachment 941663
I felt like I had found a solution— the LOTH felt like I had uncovered a problem. She didn’t know about the four pucks and three toners on the way— now that might start to look like a problem!
Well done. What is the size and make of thr container to the right that holds what looks to be an 8oz tub on its side.

You have nice stiff.

Well done. What is the size and make of thr container to the right that holds what looks to be an 8oz tub on its side.

You have nice stiff.
@BrooklynSalt thanks for the compliment. It made me stop and realize I DO have nice stuff. Three months ago I was shaving like a zombie with a can full of goo. These days the big question is which artisanal soap I’m going to slather my face with. I needed to take a moment and appreciate that. In answer to your question the containers holding the SS balms on the right are 9x3x2. Hope that helps.

@BrooklynSalt thanks for the compliment. It made me stop and realize I DO have nice stuff. Three months ago I was shaving like a zombie with a can full of goo. These days the big question is which artisanal soap I’m going to slather my face with. I needed to take a moment and appreciate that. In answer to your question the containers holding the SS balms on the right are 9x3x2. Hope that helps.
Welcome to thr board. I’m a relative newbie woth 1.5 years under my belt. It’s very easy to become super enthusiastic.

The downside of having everything displayed its its all on view lol
Thats when you need to employ some serious Jedi skills on the sig-other...."These are not the razors & brushes you're looking for......please, let me go about my shaving"

Off to an excellent start with your collection!

I took @Graydog design and went with a nice pine shelf stained with dark stain. It will hold 18 razors for now but I can easily add on to it if needed.
0A85EE38-53BB-4813-BEA2-94DD14134964.jpeg

It is all about medicine cabinet hegemony. I get 1/3 of the main cabinet, with important frontiers on top and below. Plus 2/3 of a smaller cabinet has been seized as younger members of the household move out.

Then there might be a certain (classified) amount of tuck and razor storage in boxes and drawers...

And a couple trays of razor nerd gear. Calipers, gap gauges, electronic scale, magnifiers. An electron microscope would be nice. And a junior chemistry set (beakers, flasks, graduated cylinders, etc) for potions, sanitization, and the like.

C5A8DF68-8F91-4D95-B453-DCD71034D0B5.jpeg

I generally like to stand my front line razors on their tails rather than hang them up or let them rest. Got a few slackers in there.

CC2F4D15-B6B1-4502-B9C6-284E2ED19545.jpeg

Here's what I have going on so far. Mind you, my first DE shave was eight days ago.

Active use stuff on the left side of my sink.

Setup - Left.JPG

Active use stuff on the right side of my sink.

Setup - Right.JPG

Storage. There are a few sample pucks behind the 5.8s.

Storage.JPG

I kiiinda went all in on Stirling. No regrets!

Here's what I have going on so far. Mind you, my first DE shave was eight days ago.

Active use stuff on the left side of my sink.

View attachment 942376

Active use stuff on the right side of my sink.

View attachment 942377

Storage. There are a few sample pucks behind the 5.8s.

View attachment 942380

I kiiinda went all in on Stirling. No regrets!
You started eight days ago. I can’t wait to see your collection of soaps, blades, aftershaves and razors in a year.

I store my reserves in a cabinet (I have a bunch more in the bathroom upstairs). This is what you can expect in a few years lol.
20190112_184820.jpg

20190112_184803.jpg

20190112_184809.jpg

20190112_184845.jpg

Top Bottom