What's new

How do you organize your shaving gear?

When I was married, the guys always talked about a week account (wife don't know). Now I guess everyone should have a wdk drawer. That way she won't know how much stuff you are really buying when the bug hurt. They do it with shoes. Of course, I'm no longer married, so do what you will with that advice... Lol!

lots of clear plastic storage bins.
these are the ones under the bathroom vanity.
lots more are in separate closet.
ultimately, storage space dictates my collection.

shaving storage.jpg

I got this cabinet at IKEA. For me, it was great option with a bathroom that has limited (or contested..i.e. girlfriend) storage space.

Attachments

• 223unnamed.jpg
    223unnamed.jpg
    991.5 KB · Views: 151
I keep all software in a couple of drawers around the house. My vintage razors I keep in this restored old store desk, where I fix one drawer up at a time as my ‘collection’ grows.

View attachment 931530
Thats absolute stunning!

Soaps/creams &
scents
IMG_0004.JPG

Brushes, vintage razors & contemporary razors on the shelves. The tray has the pre/post shaves I use the most.
IMG_0005.JPG
IMG_0006.JPG

Vanity drawer with some blades, alum and misc.
IMG_0009.JPG

Under the sink is mostly blades
IMG_0010.JPG
IMG_0014.JPG
IMG_0015.JPG

A few parts boxes in the closet
IMG_0018.JPG

Well, I don’t have a lot. Minus what I’m selling on BST, the pic is about half of my shaving stuff. I keep it on a glass shelf by the sink and the other items in the medicine cabinet in the bathroom. I don’t have too much. I’m impressed at the size of some of your collections though.

BB738521-71EC-405C-939B-960D3D6E0CB1.jpeg

Thats absolute stunning!

Soaps/creams &
scents
View attachment 931785

Brushes, vintage razors & contemporary razors on the shelves. The tray has the pre/post shaves I use the most.
View attachment 931786
View attachment 931787

Vanity drawer with some blades, alum and misc.
View attachment 931788

Under the sink is mostly blades
View attachment 931789
View attachment 931790
View attachment 931791

A few parts boxes in the closet
View attachment 931792
Holy Moly!

Thanks guys for your kind comments! - yes this setup works great as somehow the razors keep comin’ in. And I do admit a few of the larger drawers hold some extra software :blush:

@Mlee: Mike, let’s see your perfect version also, filled any more drawers lately?

I get a lot of inspiration of the way you all present your gear in various ways, big or smaller. Inspires me to maybe get a little more out in the open. And maybe get brushes with colorful handles like @gwsmallwood - looks great!... Actually I have bought a few vintage aftershave bottles and starting using these for samples etc. Would actually display quite well... something to think about, and sneak in while wifey isn’t looking, hehe (as if)...

I use an ancient organizational method. The Dis method of organization. I have my 7 in use brushes in 3 locations, my 6 in use razors in 3 locations, Soaps in 2 locations, 3 if you count out of use soaps. AS, ASB, and honing equipment in various other places.

Canadian Mountain Man,

I like the wall cabinet with the marble base. Where did you get the one you posted and I’ve copied below?

proxy.php
Thank you

Like far too much stuff I purchase its from Amazon, Sauder Wall Cabinet, Cinnamon Cherry Finish

The quality of the components was quite good and it appears they're using decent jigs, bits and blades since once assembled everything fit tight & square. Only thing deviated from the assembly instructions, but I do this with any RTA furniture, is to give any joint surfaces a quick scuff with some fine grit sandpaper then apply a bead of wood glue.

Thank you

Like far too much stuff I purchase its from Amazon, Sauder Wall Cabinet, Cinnamon Cherry Finish

The quality of the components was quite good and it appears they're using decent jigs, bits and blades since once assembled everything fit tight & square. Only thing deviated from the assembly instructions, but I do this with any RTA furniture, is to give any joint surfaces a quick scuff with some fine grit sandpaper then apply a bead of wood glue.

Found it, thanks. I’ll check it out. Your photo should be used by the company in their amazon listing by the way.

Top Bottom