What's new

Share your "end game"/permanent gear you use for 90%+ of shaves

What gear do you use almost every shave, with no plans to replace it or look for something better? Share your end-game discoveries!

Here are mine:

Razor: Atelier Durdan La Faulx stainless polished SE

Blade: Schick Proline AC

Brush: Wald Calyx

Bowl: Captain's Choice Obsidian copper

Soap: (varies--there will never be a "one"!)

Aftershave: (varies)

Timeless Ti 68 SB every shae
but do plan most likely on another Woflman as I had two before and love them just want dif gap :)

RV Muhle STF every shave

Timeless Bowl Every shave

Soaps
Noble Otter
but have 3 other favs but will narrow down to 3 or less total

Blades GSB
but also use Nacet and Green 7 stainless and Treet Dura Sharp

Old Spice After shave or Tiger

always use Neutrogena Hydro Gel

SOAP: Cella Brick for week days; Mitchell's Wool Fat for weekends

BRUSH: Omega 10066 Boar for week days; rotation of a handful high-end badgers for weekends

RAZOR: varies more (between ca a handful of DE razors, another handful straight razors)

DE BLADE: Varies a lot

POST-SHAVE: cold rinse, alum block, always splash (various splashes); hardly ever balms

ROUTINE: I'm a daily, morning shaver. I don't think that will ever fundamentally change, unless forced to.

Last edited:
There is something about the Dura Sharp, isn't there? I don't know what explains its monstrous, Feather-like efficiency.

YUP for me they work very well and very smooth and the best post-comfort of all my blades never burn or heat or irritation

they do not last much more than a shave for me but at $5 for 100 not a big deal

YUP for me they work very well and very smooth and the best post-comfort of all my blades never burn or heat or irritation

they do not last much more than a shave for me but at $5 for 100 not a big deal
Exactly! Where do you get yours? All the sources near me are more expensive than that.

Razors: Not even close. I have a rotation, if you can dignify a random selection by whim with that term. Not even consistent about kamisori vs. Western straight.

Brush: Another rotation, badger 75%, boar 25%, synthetic 0% by choice

Soap: Getting closer here. 65% SV, 35% all the other stuff I have

Aftershave: Ah! Finally! Over 90% Hawkins & Brimble, plus the occasional Lucky Tiger

What gear do you use almost every shave, with no plans to replace it or look for something better? Share your end-game discoveries!

Here are mine:

Razor: Atelier Durdan La Faulx stainless polished SE

Blade: Schick Proline AC

Brush: Wald Calyx

Bowl: Captain's Choice Obsidian copper

Soap: (varies--there will never be a "one"!)

Aftershave: (varies)
I felt a tremor of fear at the notion of using one set of shaving gear for every shave. Nevertheless, I would agree pretty closely with your list. I would just switch the Schick blades for Kai Captain Titan Milds and my brush would be a Plisson HMW size 14. And no need for a bowl, for me.

I felt a tremor of fear at the notion of using one set of shaving gear for every shave. Nevertheless, I would agree pretty closely with your list. I would just switch the Schick blades for Kai Captain Titan Milds and my brush would be a Plisson HMW size 14. And no need for a bowl, for me.
Wow, our gear is very close! 🍻

I should mention that my La Faulx blade gap is the "Classic" (or mildest) one.

Mike M

...but this one IS cracked.
IMG_20231129_233645.jpg

Razor Muhle Rocca R94
Blade Personna Platinum
Brush Muhle Rocca R94 STF, or Muhle Kosmo STF, (both 21mm) but I would also like to try the Muhle STF XL (25mm)
Soap SV, Zingari Man or MdC

I'm still using my other razors and brushes and I am trying to 3017 a number of soaps and use up loose tucks of blades to whittle down my collection.

My razor of choice is the Rockwell T2 Stainless Steel and I do 95% of my shaves with this razor. Every once in awhile, I'll pull out the Henson.

I have a great bowl for lathering: A Beau Brummell Marble with nice ridges inside.

I have two silver tip badger brushes that I use back and forth. A Merkur that I've had for decades and a Captain's Choice bought a few months ago.

While I have favorites for blades, soaps, and aftershaves, I enjoy the variety of use.

Not at this point yet.

I'm still at the point where I'll consider buying a razor simply because I don't yet have one manufactured out of that material. For example, titanium and aluminum. Those transparent plastic 3D printed ones...

Top Bottom