What's new

Share your "end game"/permanent gear you use for 90%+ of shaves

SOTDTIBBFT5.jpg

Ti Blackbird - only razor I own for over 2+yrs now... 16-20hr BBS and 5 O'Clock shadow non existent for almost 36hrs
Perma-Sharp - only blade that is consistent 2 and done
Stirling Soap - though I have 5 different tubs Frozen Tundra is my favorite scent but may change down the road to Ethos SHave MD
DC/TNS Angelhair - this brush is a lather monster and whips it up in record time
Proraso Green - only A/S I own and use for over 3+yrs now

Phoenixkh

I shaved a fortune
I finally added my top razor list into the iPhone "My Shave Den" app. I have 12 razors from which I can choose and get an amazing shave almost every time, if I do my part.... though the blade choice might complicate things a bit.

I rotate 4 badger brushes most of the time and throw in my Zenith Manchurian every so often when it feels neglected. I have 4 Zenith boar brushes I use in DecemBOAR but not the rest of the year.

I have 10 soaps from which to choose. All but one are unscented due to skin conditions. I'm also one of those guys who see improvement from using one of my 4 pre-shave soaps, croaps and/or gels.

I have a set routine for post shave skin treatment.

As you can see, I'm not a good candidate for this thread. I like variety too much, I guess. <eg> evil grin :devil:

I’ve had the Yates merica razor for over 2 years with the feather blade most of the time.
Just got the Simpson M7 synthetic brush and plan to use that 90% of the time.
I use Sterling soap most days but more recently WetTheFace. Quite satisfied with both.
Stirling witch Hazel most of the time
I also have stocked up on food grade glycerin oil that I mix with water and a hot face cloth for the preshave
This is my daily devotion

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I tried other razors before and was sold on a few of them. Now I seem to settle for the Merkur 38C Barber Pole. That's the razor that's giving me the best shaves. I still have other DE, SE, and Straight Razors but I don't reach for them as much. It's easier and quicker for me to use the Merkur.

For the blade, I'm sold on either ASTRA Superior Platinum, Lord Super Stainless, or the Derby Premium. I have enough blades for a second lifetime (I think). I try an odd blade here and there but so far, nothing pulled me from those 3.

Soap/Cream. I don't use many shaving creams, mainly soaps and it varies here.

Aftershaves. Same answer.

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
The only constants for me are a Muhle Rocca and an alum block.

I actually have three Roccas (94, 96, and 96JET), but, they all shave the same.

I rotate five soaps, six brushes, four blades (trying to settle on one), and five aftershaves (2 unscented so I can wear with other fragrances).

WThomas0814

Ditto, ditto
For me it seems to have settled into German Wilkinson Sword blades + Gillette Super Slimtwist + Arko shave stick + A2S synth from Dscosmetics. For aftershaves, modern Old Spice followed by Nivea Men cream seems to be doing the trick.
Love the Arko sticks!

Have you tried Old Spice Original? It is, I believe, the European version. It still comes in glass bottles. You can enter “Old Spice Original” in an Amazon search.

cheers!

I’m a minimalist I had used a Gold Grande exclusively for over three years. I recently acquired a Lupo 95 OC, with a Chiseled Face Titanium Handle. It is the new razor for me, and I don’t foresee replacing it anytime soon. My software is exclusively SV it took a few years to find the pre and post shave that worked best for me. My soap is always SV Felece Aromatica. My brush a Zenith Boar B35 31x57mm. I single use a Feather blade for a face & head shave once a week. Each element of my kit delivers very high performance, there aren’t any weak links. My weekly shaves are luxurious BBS+ shaves, with very high skin comfort. It was a journey of brushes, soaps, blades and many pre and post shave products to get the results to satisfy My Shave. Even as a cart shaver I leaned towards minimalism. My kit is most definitely locked in. I love my Shaves.

IMG_0494.jpeg

Happy Shaves

Here's my endgame dexterity build to min/max smoothness/speed stats.

Razor: Relic Gillette #88.
Blade: Lord Cool.
Soap: Proraso Green (Ingram got nerfed a few patches back and hasn't been fixed)
Brush: Early game Italian boar.
Aftershave: Aloe Vera gel.
Skills/technique: Cold water, face lather, 2 pass.

Still working on a usable 'one-shot' strength build.

:001_tt2:

Top Bottom