What's new

Shaving Gear Organization

How are you organizing your shaving gear? Show us your setup!

I live in a small place, and my new soap acquisitions were overflowing the area where I have my razors, brushes, and other stuff, so I put up these cheapo corner shelves to get a handle on what I have and what is still to come. This is only part of the overall kit, but sure helped me feel like I had some organization back in my life!
IMG_4617.jpg

I have three or four boxes in a store room with supplies I have hoarded or don't use often.
Then at home, I have another couple or three boxes with DE blades, straight razors, hones and aftershaves.
Then in the bathroom, I have a cupboard with stuff I use regularly, and a drawer with DE razors. Aftershaves I use most are in the fridge

I have a rule that everything has to fit in the medicine cabinet above the sink. This also technically means that 'old' stuff has to go before 'new' stuff can be added. This rule is quite useful because it makes me actually finish soaps and creams before I can buy new ones. So you won't find stacks of opened soap tubs or massive amounts of stacked blades in my bathroom.

Star_Wahl_Clipper_Treker

Likes a fat handle in his hand
How are you organizing your shaving gear? Show us your setup!

I live in a small place, and my new soap acquisitions were overflowing the area where I have my razors, brushes, and other stuff, so I put up these cheapo corner shelves to get a handle on what I have and what is still to come. This is only part of the overall kit, but sure helped me feel like I had some organization back in my life!
View attachment 1792899

Hello there! You have a beautiful setup, I love your rustic corner shelves! I also see we have another SV fan here, awesome! Just stay away from their spray on deodorants, the bottles are garbage with garbage sprayers on them, but everything else from them is good though.

I too have a small place, and quite a small shave den infact, which means space is paramount, so just like you, shelves are required. It doesn't take a wet shaver long to run into this problem, running out of space I mean. Once you start down the path of the rabbit hole, forever consume you it will, as it did me HAHA!

This is a picture showing the rustic shelves that I had installed, which are filled with my aftershaves, witch hazel, menthol, and of course my shave soaps.
proxy.php

And here are my towers of blade a lon!
proxy.php

I got 250 more Wizamets under the sink, I have a total of 1000-blades as of right now.

And this is my hand made out of cherry hard wood, 5-razor and brush stand, made by an artist on Etsy!
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I also have a dozen razors, but you will only see about 7 of them here. I also have a 5th brush now, a Zenith Manchurian 28mm Badger in blue handle. I haven't taken any updated pictures in forever, so these are older pics. And I switched out the Merkur Futur's position with a BlackLand Osprey razor. And the Yaqi Mellon Head you see lying there, has been completely replaced by the PAA Copper Ascension.​

I used to keep my shave bowls and scuttle on the counter. But since I had purchased a personal use electric kettle to heat up water, I needed the counter space for that. So now I keep my bowls and scuttle under the sink. This is a picture of how I used to do it, before I had upgraded my shave den with those shelves you saw above.

proxy.php

Oh whats this? A new bowl perhaps? Yes I bought this after I took the previous shave den photo. Its the Dark Nebula poly urethane shave bowl from CW, also from an artist on Etsy!

proxy.php
IMG_4099.JPG

I think this pretty much covers just about everything. FYI, these pictures don't include my electric equipment. But I am fairly certain you are fine with that lol.

Hello there! You have a beautiful setup, I love your rustic corner shelves! I also see we have another SV fan here, awesome! Just stay away from their spray on deodorants, the bottles are garbage with garbage sprayers on them, but everything else from them is good though.

I too have a small place, and quite a small shave den infact, which means space is paramount, so just like you, shelves are required. It doesn't take a wet shaver long to run into this problem, running out of space I mean. Once you start down the path of the rabbit hole, forever consume you it will, as it did me HAHA!

This is a picture showing the rustic shelves that I had installed, which are filled with my aftershaves, witch hazel, menthol, and of course my shave soaps.
proxy.php

And here are my towers of blade a lon!
proxy.php

I got 250 more Wizamets under the sink, I have a total of 1000-blades as of right now.

And this is my hand made out of cherry hard wood, 5-razor and brush stand, made by an artist on Etsy!
proxy.php

proxy.php

proxy.php

I also have a dozen razors, but you will only see about 7 of them here. I also have a 5th brush now, a Zenith Manchurian 28mm Badger in blue handle. I haven't taken any updated pictures in forever, so these are older pics. And I switched out the Merkur Futur's position with a BlackLand Osprey razor. And the Yaqi Mellon Head you see lying there, has been completely replaced by the PAA Copper Ascension.​

I used to keep my shave bowls and scuttle on the counter. But since I had purchased a personal use electric kettle to heat up water, I needed the counter space for that. So now I keep my bowls and scuttle under the sink. This is a picture of how I used to do it, before I had upgraded my shave den with those shelves you saw above.

proxy.php

Oh whats this? A new bowl perhaps? Yes I bought this after I took the previous shave den photo. Its the Dark Nebula poly urethane shave bowl from CW, also from an artist on Etsy!

I think this pretty much covers just about everything. FYI, these pictures don't include my electric equipment. But I am fairly certain you are fine with that lol.
Very nice use of space! I have a few brush holders, but I decided not to buy anymore, and I will store brushes on their handles with bristles up once they have dried. I have plenty of brush holders to rotate brushes that need to dry, but have learned that brush holders are not the best use of space. I like your razor/brush stand and might make something I can use to store razors. My other shelf has round metal poles for legs and wire shelves that can be adjusted for height. I cut and varnished a piece of finish grade plywood I set on the counter-height shelf for easier storage, and have a towel on top of that to keep from leaving water stains. Currently, my growing razor collection is just sitting on that shelf, but once everything I've ordered has arrived, I will probably build the razor rack I have designed in my head. I have another set of corner shelves in my bedroom with my perfume collection, and my vintage razors with cases hang out there unless I pull them in for their turn in my shaving rotation. I'll add more photos to this thread once I have everything sorted.

I am a big fan of the Saponificio. Varesino soap, aftershave, and have the 70th and Desert Vetiver EdPs. I have tried their shower soap samples and thought they were only ok, and I use Native deodorant. I'll stick with soap, aftershave, and a few EdPs from SV. I have enough SV products that I don't have plans to pick up anymore for a long time! But I do love what I have, and I will definitely replace the aftershaves as they get used up, even though that will be quite a ways into the future.

I have a rule that everything has to fit in the medicine cabinet above the sink. This also technically means that 'old' stuff has to go before 'new' stuff can be added. This rule is quite useful because it makes me actually finish soaps and creams before I can buy new ones. So you won't find stacks of opened soap tubs or massive amounts of stacked blades in my bathroom.
I try to adhere to the same principle. In my bathroom closet there are two cans of shaving soap, two creams, some blades and two or three aftershaves.

Straights are in the bedroom in a box. Strops are hanging on a towel rack out of picture. Towels don’t touch them. That’s the lot of the main use/working tools. 3-1-1 travel dopp on the counter too. It stays packed and all I have to do is zip it close and in the bag. One of the tins is a travel strop. The rest are soaps.

IMG_7385.jpeg

Last edited:

Luc

"To Wiki or Not To Wiki, That's The Question".
Staff member
I have a hidden corner in the bathroom (in a closed cabinet) where I keep a small stash. Under the sink, I have a basket of what I use (razor, soap, AS, a few blades). In my other bathroom, I have 2 boxes (one with soaps, one with Aftershaves). In the walk-in, I have a final box with razors mostly that I do not use and a few colognes (I don't wear cologne very often).

So, some might see this as disorganized, I believe that having multiple caches will avoid sudden disappearance in case they are found.

Top Bottom