What's new

Rockwell Razor Club

Which gives better shaves overall?

• Merkur Progress

• Rockwell 6s

Results are only viewable after voting.
Personally I'm done with Rockwell. Good razor, but the top cap had some imperfections. It does not affect the shave but I think it was an expensive razor for my small budget so I wanted perfection.I asked for a replacement and after many weeks I received an order on my email with the top cap discount 100%. They had charged me 10 euros for the shipping and they told me to proceed with the order and they will refund my 10 euros shipping.

When I told them that I cannot proceed with the order because I don't have any credit card, they didn't answer and of course no top cap was sent.

Is it bad that I don't have any card and I prefer to pay cash? I bought my 6c locally and paid it with cash.

Why they couldn't send the top cap anyways?

Last edited:
Personally I'm done with Rockwell. Good razor, but the top cap had some imperfections. It does not affect the shave but I think it was an expensive razor for my small budget so I wanted perfection.I asked for a replacement and after many weeks I received an order on my email with the top cap discount 100%. They had charged me 10 euros for the shipping and they told me to proceed with the order and they will refund my 10 euros shipping.

When I told them that I cannot proceed with the order because I don't have any credit card, they didn't answer and of course no top cap was sent.

Is it bad that I don't have any card and I prefer to pay cash? I bought my 6c locally and paid it with cash.

Why they couldn't send the top cap anyways?
Can you find a friend who can buy for you? I have been in your situation too.

I see there is alot of excitement about the Rockwell 6C/S razors. I'm interested in the 6C, the reviews are great and it's 1/2 price of the stainless.
When shopping, the 6C gunmetal is always sold out. I assume the only difference between the 6C gunmetal or white chrome is the color.
Many reviewers indicate they were disappointed in the gunmetal, stating it looked similar to a shiny chrome (white) razor.

Why do so many shavers prefer the gunmetal.

I’m following this thread because I’m interested to know as well. I would think the chrome would be smoother. Is there an advantage to the gun metal, or is it for the appearance?

Unless they changed it, the gunmetal was a barely, slightly darker chrome. When I got mine I thought it was white chrome as it isn’t gunmetal color at all. But I got it early on, so maybe they figured out how to make it darker and look like actual gunmetal color.

Many reviewers indicate they were disappointed in the gunmetal, stating it looked similar to a shiny chrome (white) razor.

I have the gunmetal. Look at this picture and you find the solution.

img_20180526_150053_dro-jpg.886122

I'm extremely happy with my 6C Gunmetal. The white chrome should give you the exact same sublime shave,
with the only difference being the esthetic look of the razor. Enjoy !

IMG_2530.jpg
IMG_0090.JPG

I’m following this thread because I’m interested to know as well. I would think the chrome would be smoother. Is there an advantage to the gun metal, or is it for the appearance?

Pretty sure they'd be the same "smoothness" between both chrome platings. One is just slightly darker. I have the gunmetal & also the 6s.

Wonder when Gunmetal will be available again.......Hello Rockwell........ are you listening. Don't make me buy a used one and you miss a sale !! :a29:

Thank you Mr. Garcia.

She can dance a Cajun rhythm
Jump like a Willys in four wheel drive
She's a summer love in the spring, fall and winter
She can make happy any man alive
Sugar magnolia
Ringin' that blue bell
Caught up in sunlight
Come on out singing
I'll walk you in the sunshine
Come on honey, come along with me

:a14::a14: