What's new

2023 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of The Prisoner

Still in. First shave in a while other than neck trimming my beard. Shaved most of my 4 month beard this morning, leaving a longish goatee. 2 passes with my Towa and I wiped away 4 months of facial fur.
429F449B-6D00-496F-B143-02A5DB66C960.jpeg

It has been a while but still in. Recently tempted by a Gillette new type on the bay (my exception), but the selling price was way to high for me.

After 2 extra shaves with the Muhle R41 it was time to use the FOCS again.

Fatip FOCS
Voskhod Teflon Coated (1)
Anbbas synth brush
Stirling Scots Pine Sheep (last time SOTM)
Floid vigoroso AS
Labell ASB
Zara Tabacco AS

Superb and smooth shave.

Tallow Tabac Tuesday! (a day late)
Still In GRUME, GRUYERE, SWS, 365 Shaves, Fruity February & OBIF

PXL_20230215_001537036.jpg

RR Hawk
Feather DX
Feather AC Pro #3 and #15
B&B Shavemac Beagle
TOBS Grapefruit
Tabac Original

In a cute card yesterday Kathy said

" Love me more than "shaving".
I hope our day is not "boaring"!
I know it's natural and not "synthetic".
and I promise not to "badger" you today.
you will always be my DFH (Damn Fine Husband)..."

❤️🥂 to a special wife. She is a DFW.

Tuesday I forgot the Tallow Tabac gang, so I am pulling a 'Guido Scheme' (@JAHE) to continue my fellowship. I added a few swirls of Tabac to my TOBS cream. :cool:;)😁.
The first pass with the Hawk (using the newer blade) was easy peasy. The DX was mostly for touch ups and a DFS finish.
Please take care of yourself and each other.

02.15.23_Shave_Pic.jpg

2023 GRUYERE #49 - Still in
February 2023 GRUME #37 - Still in

Days growth: 4
Razor: Gillette Fatboy
Blade: Personna Med Prep (5)
Brush: Ever-Ready R40 Pure Badger - original
Pre-shave: Hot shower using Dr. Bronners Citrus on face and head with facial scrubber
Lather: Clubman Pinaud shave soap
Bowl: Fine Accoutrements blue/white
Passes: 3 - setting 6/6/6
Post Shave Routine and products:
1 - Hot rinse with microfiber towel X2
2 - Cold rinse with microfiber towel X1
3 - Alum block
4 - Cold rinse with microfiber towel X1
5 - Aftershave - Clubman reserve Whiskey Woods
6 - Balm: Nivea Sensitive Skin

NOTES: A real relaxing shave. I really like the Fatboy, I've only used it about 6 times since I got it for Christmas. The Med Prep blades are so sharp and smooth, they get along with my face very well. Forgot to adjust the razor down on the second and third passes but no irritation at all. Little to no feedback with the alum or aftershave.

Quality: 9.5
Comfort: 10.0
Overall: 9.75 DCS+

Time: 56min from shower on to dressed and ready.

Over on a science fiction site, this link was posted by a fan of The Prisoner, who signed off with the usual Be Seeing You. Of note is that tours are done twice a year!

OCTOBER 22 WALKS CONFIRMED

proxy.php
For over 40 years David Lally of The London Prisoner Group has been conducting walking tours of 'Prisoner' and 'Danger Man' locations in London.

TUW is delighted to confirm that David will be conducting the second of 2022's tour days on Sunday October 23rd!

The morning tour includes locations from several 'Danger Man' episodes, with the afternoon tour (commencing from Marble Arch at 2.00pm) visiting over 20 London locations from 'The Prisoner' opening sequence, 'Many Happy Returns', 'Do Not Forsake Me' and 'Fall Out', culminating in Number Six's home (left).

Click HERE for TUW's events page for more details, and watch this space, as more events for this October weekend may well be announced very shortly.​

Still in, but today was kind of a recess day so far. An excellent Karve CB showed up on BST, I stumbled on a website that sold the Green Cult 1.0 and I just spotted a Rocca on a local fleabay site. All razors I have on my wish list for consideration next January…pfff…

Breathe in breathe out. In through nose and out through mouth.

Still in!

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
Still in, but today was kind of a recess day so far. An excellent Karve CB showed up on BST, I stumbled on a website that sold the Green Cult 1.0 and I just spotted a Rocca on a local fleabay site. All razors I have on my wish list for consideration next January…pfff…

Still in!

" You don't need any of that. Likely both will make you break out in hives every time you used them".

Just go home to your comfy bachelor pad #44.

Be seeing you.

Still in!
Many moons ago, when I was whistfully eying some random sale item that I was convinced I HAD to have, my dad imparted some wise words: "there will always be a sale somewhere else tomorrow" 🙂

@bailn I was thinking of 3D printing a de blade cutter, non shaving purpose, and while I was at it making a DE razor.
So we're talking about making a razor, not buying a razor. That's an interesting quandary. Just my personal opinion, but as long as you don't have to purchase any materials or equipment to create the razor it should be fine.

Top Bottom