What's new

2023 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - The Year of The Prisoner

Chef455

Head Cheese Head Chef
#22 is still in. G.R.U.Y.E.R.E.,G.R.U.M.E.,OBiF, FebArkoSharko

I can't believe I'm 2 weeks into February and I've been using the same blade without any irritation. Something to be said for the Shark Platinum...

Arko! continues to deliver. Some mock it, but I genuinely believe it's hard to beat.

My Duke 3 is the only badger brush I own. It checks all my badger boxes. No reason to chase down another.

DFS today.

20230213_165705.jpg

Be seeing you.

Still In GRUME, GRUYERE, SWS, 365 Shaves, Fruity February & OBIF..

RR Hawk
Feather DX
Feather Artist Club blades #16 and #4
Simpson T3
TOBS Grapefruit cream

Greetings
I was surprises by today's shave.
I was ready to give up on blade #16 on day 10-12. I thought the blade was done.
I have learned that TOBS Grapefruit needs a lot of hydration to be super slick. Today it was super slick.
The first pass with the Hawk (and blade usage #4) was easy and effective. The next 1.5 passes with the DX (blade usage #16) was surprisingly smooth and led to a DFS++ finish...and no irritation.

Both blades were palm and towel stropped. A mixture of balm and hyaluronic acid gave me a great start for a new day.
I am beginning to think like LJ, @LJBraaten, how far can blade #16 go?...210+?...definitely no way.
PXL_20230215_172401868.jpg

Be seeing you!
Please take care of yourself and each other.

JWCowboy

Probably not Al Bundy
Well fellow prisoners, I'm out. I heard that my friend and neighbor Jim Roe aka @Jayaruh is slowing down in his brush making and I decided I needed a couple more before he completely retires ;) I had two of his brushes earlier that I think I PIFed and thought it would be a tragedy if I didn't get a couple more. Also I'm taking a trip to Paris in less than two weeks and I'll be darned if I don't visit Planet Raisor and purchase something while I'm there. Most likely going to get some MdC

So that's it for me. Here's my pair of brushes. I think everyone should have at least one in their shave den. Best of luck to you all!

1676560303153.png

Still in! I haven’t posted here for awhile. I’m in too many challenges now, so a bit much to keep up with. But I wanted to drop in to comment on this:

" Love me more than "shaving".
I hope our day is not "boaring"!
I know it's natural and not "synthetic".
and I promise not to "badger" you today.
you will always be my DFH (Damn Fine Husband)..."
I thoroughly enjoyed this, as did my wife (but I had to explain the brush references, she has no interest in my shaving obsession activities). Yes cute, and I thought very clever. But since I’m a guy es ist verboten to say “and sweet.”

Be seeing you!

linty1

My wallet cries.
61E6F371-CF30-42C1-A5D6-35DF22D1C739.jpeg

Still in.
New soap so decided to swap out brushes. This one I never got a chance to try out after reknotting it, so this is its first lather. I'm -very- glad I went for the 2 band instead of my usual 3 band, its kinda hard to adjust knot depth on a ceramic handle and I didn't want to try it, so the 2 band for the increase in backbone. It.. felt... lacking? Not sure how to describe it I'm sure it'll improve as I put a few more shaves on it. It wasn't scratchy/scritchy or anything, and the proraso preformed well, a nice minty-ness. I think I'll stick with this brish for at least a few more shaves. Oh and here's a shot of the brush afterwards, all bloomed out,

9E78F4AB-8660-41F2-85C5-E0C633377487.jpeg

CzechCzar

Use the Fat, Luke!
Well fellow prisoners, I'm out. I heard that my friend and neighbor Jim Roe aka @Jayaruh is slowing down in his brush making and I decided I needed a couple more before he completely retires ;) I had two of his brushes earlier that I think I PIFed and thought it would be a tragedy if I didn't get a couple more. Also I'm taking a trip to Paris in less than two weeks and I'll be darned if I don't visit Planet Raisor and purchase something while I'm there. Most likely going to get some MdC

So that's it for me. Here's my pair of brushes. I think everyone should have at least one in their shave den. Best of luck to you all!

View attachment 1606939
More Than One Problem.gif

Multitasking.gif

Avenge The Fallen.gif

MV5BMTk0MjkzOTE1M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwOTY2OTgy._V1_SX300_.jpg

Prisoners

1. The Supervisor
2. KQY61 - No Exception
3. sjblon - No Exception
4. Tillerman - No Exception
5. Noodles - A/S
6. Patrick McGoohan - Always Exceptional
7. VerbaVolant - No Exception
8. bjm - Exception: razor handle
9. elmo_koffman - exception: blades
10. Jim99 - Exception: Italia soap
11. Pepin - exception vintage razor
12. gdawg55 - Athena Razor
13. La Malice - Shaving bowl
14. 02FLHTCI- No Exception
15. DEaficianado - razor handle
16. DougK - no exception
17. wmadoty - No Exception
18. Sandorfi - Exception Vintage Gillette new
19. ewk - NO EXCEPTION
20. Crisp Rat - no exception
21. Esetter - no exception
22. Chef455 - Exception Lucky Tiger if Supply Runs Out
23. JeffJ - No Exception
24. EB Newfarm No Exception

26. Trollky - tube of Proraso cream
27. MaineYooper - vintage razor
28. (Porkins). CzechCzar - exception TBD

30. Balin - "The Duke" Exception - Shaving brush
31. JAHE - Exception - modern razor
32. Sotiris_A - No exception
33. Tjsgarden-Exception- razor
34. Contact_vs_Feedback - Vintage razor
35. KW Driver - Exception - Linseed oil/sealers for brush repairs.
36. Cantujm -Exception- Wolfman Razor
37. Bobbyb - No Exception
38. ByDoms - No exception
39. Ruva - razor
40. Jamesearthdrum - Geo Trumper Coral Skin Tonic
41. cryhavoc - shaving brush
42. T.Orso - witch hazel
43. Heron - shave soap
44. Guido75 - balm
45. Whisky - No Exception
46. Doc4 ... exceptions are for wimps
47. linty1 - no exceptions
48. Alum Ladd - Nivea post shave balm
49. JKaboom - LEA 3in1
50. Berwick12 - No Exception
51. Chandu - No Exception
52. kjbarth - no exception

54. Fred D - No exception
55. bartje-p - Blackbird (regular) SS plate and balm if it runs out (have 2 spares)
56. LJBraaten - Vintage Razor
57. sirplatypus - blades

Out(ed) as Warders

29. awk_m4 - No Exception - Bought stuff for sons and dipped in
53. Markdad2 - No exception - Muhle Rocca Stainless
25. JWCowboy No Exception - 2/16 - Neighbor getting out of making brushes

View attachment 1606939
@Jayaruh is retiring? Say it isn’t so!

still in, no temptations at all....

sotd 17-2

One for in the books. Loved everything about this shave, despite the blade nearing it's end. Razor, soap, brush and after care were all top notch today.

Blackland Vector SS SB
Schick Proline P (8)
Muhle Silver Tip Fibre M
Martin de Candre - Vétyver
Pitralon Classic AS
Balea Sensitive ASB
Calvin Klein Man edt

proxy.php

proxy.php

Top Bottom