What's new

May 2024 Gentlemanly Restraint Until Month End (GRUME)

5-30-24 Thursday 9pm
Shave 70/366.
May GRUME still in
3 pass DFS++!

Razor: Overlander
Blade: Treet (4)
Soap: Macduff's Badlands
Brush: Semogue 1250
1000004186.jpg

So so smooth!

Jay

Day 30, 96.8% complete

Preshave: Hot washcloth
Soap: Mitchell's Wool Fat (Tallow)
Brush: Yaqi 24mm synthetic cashmere
Razor: GC.84 SB, RR Superknurl Handle, Astra SP #9
Bowl: Turkish copper
Post-shave: Proraso Sensitive Balm

I stayed with the Superknurl handle, and got a similar shave to last night, an easy near-BBS.

The Proraso balm is underwhelming until it dries, and then it feels smoother and less greasy than the Nivea Replenishing result. Then again, it's more expensive, so it should.

If I'd had an abrasive shave, I'd prefer the Nivea to calm it down.

Not far to go now! :thumbup:

Friday, 31.
In!

Another month is in the books. Congrats to everyone who made it.

Today's shave was designated to my Father's Day gift, this time the OC baseplate got used, a debut.

20240530_115100-01-01-01-01.jpeg

Similar to the SB sibbling, the Timor OC is a gentle and mild shaver. Once the proper shaving angle had been found it provided an effortless three pass shave.

A second first outing is the aftershave. It's been a gift from my working mate. When I arrived at my desk on Wednesday I found this AS bottle nicely packed. That's been a nice surprise since I never had used Tüff to date. When I caught a whiff I immedialety got reminded of the scent of one of my soaps. But I couldn’t nail it down immedialety. When I got home I gave my tubs a sniff back and forth. Turns out the scent inseed is in the ballpark of the TOBS soap pictured. Not totally alike, but similar.

I like the woodsy scent, face feel is great, too... it's good stuff, but the approval of Mrs JAHE is pending.

Overall, it's been a very nice shave.
See you all on the other side#June GRUME

Cheers!
Guido

Still in.....and made it through the month. This calls for a celebration purchase of some shaving stuff 🤣

Morning Shave - 05/31/24
Razor:
RazoRock Quick-Change TTO
Blade: Ladas Super Stainless (5)
Soap: BSS #1
Brush: RazoRock Hive 24
Aftershave: Clubman VIBR
Rating: 8.5/10
A slightly more challenging shave this moring. It felt slightly rough and maybe I am accumulating some irritation, but we will see. Just a little bit skin sensitivity post shave. Missed a few more stubble areas than yesterday, but still a very presentable and good shave. DFS

Great job everyone!

IMG20240531161718.jpg

31/5/24

Soap - Lea Stick
Brush - Omega/Goodfellas Smile
Razor - Gillette Tech
Blade - Gillette Nacet (8)
AS - La Rive Cabana

Last shave of the month and with that I've made it to the end of the GRUME too. I think it's the second month I've done in the last few years.
I should probably sign up for a few more!

Date31.05.2024
366 daily shaves
152/366

RazorBladeBrush
Lambda AthenaSuper Max Blue Diamond (6)Razorock Beehive
PreshaveSoapPostshave
Cold splash
KCG Face Wash
Hampshire Wool Fat (18)Cold splash
Proraso Green
Balm

PassesWTG XTG ATG and touch up
Process Quality
Blade Sharpness
10/10 (Clean)3/10 (Working Edge)
EffectivenessShave Comfort
7.75/10
(DFS)
6/10 (Tuggy)

Notes:

Excellent shave with the Athena. Smooth operator and a joy to use and behold!

Extended shave notes can be found here.

Congrats to all who completed May successfully! And support to those who will try again in June! Go GRUME!!

Enjoy your shave today!

Top Bottom