What's new

2022 Shave Purchase Sabbatical - Shave Trek Season 2

Lots of good things about Arko in the soap threads... anyone want a sample for 1 cent?

20221121_212434.jpg

Attachments

• 20221121_212434.jpg
    20221121_212434.jpg
    570.5 KB · Views: 0
Hi,

He has more soaps than we have pages in the thread at this point! :p

Page 56.....

Stan
Actually it is worse than that... I have been 3017 soap since mid 2014 and while catching up on the 3017 thread I purchased several of the soaps that were talked about. I decided to participate in five sabbaticals and have not actually purchased any soap in several years. In February of 2019 I opened my brick of Vitos extra super coco... and have been 3017ing that soap while the other 58... just sit there waiting their turn. When I started the brick I had no idea I would have 1370 shaves on it (as of this morning) and still be only a little more that 2/3 of the way through the brick. I passed up the number of pages in the 3017 thread awhile ago (it is only 1244 pages at the moment).

On a positive note, after 1370 shaves I think I have it mostly dialed in and seem to be getting one good shave after another. :biggrin1: I think I will probably finish off the brick sometime in 2023 (I hope).

[edit:] I just noticed that I have more shaves on my brick of Vitos than there are posts in this thread...

Last edited:
Wow ruckin - you need to load your soaps "like you hate 'em" so that you can shrink that stash faster :).

It looks like we made it through black Friday without losing anybody - that's a good sign. Today's my birthday and I haven't shaved since Thanksgiving due to this annoying cold that won't go away, but I'm also not looking at any shave stuff either.

I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to restrain next year. It's been several years since I wasn't in an annual restraint, I'm on the fence. Not so much because I want to buy anything, but I might finally jump into the straight razor rabbit hole next year. Not sure yet. I'm sure on December 31st it will be like looking at a menu at a restaurant with lots of things I want to try and once the waitress shows up I just pick one and run with it. So I'll probably be in next year as well :)

Wow ruckin - you need to load your soaps "like you hate 'em" so that you can shrink that stash faster :).

It looks like we made it through black Friday without losing anybody - that's a good sign. Today's my birthday and I haven't shaved since Thanksgiving due to this annoying cold that won't go away, but I'm also not looking at any shave stuff either.

I'm still trying to decide if I'm going to restrain next year. It's been several years since I wasn't in an annual restraint, I'm on the fence. Not so much because I want to buy anything, but I might finally jump into the straight razor rabbit hole next year. Not sure yet. I'm sure on December 31st it will be like looking at a menu at a restaurant with lots of things I want to try and once the waitress shows up I just pick one and run with it. So I'll probably be in next year as well :)
Happy birthday! 🎉🎁🎂

Alas, a brain fart has resulted in my disqualification from further participation…ugh.

I am on a short vacation. I haven’t carried my luggage on a flight for a number of years. This time, I did. Anyone want to guess what happened?

Lets just say I now own a new and very expensive tuck of German Wilkinson Sword blades that I did not need yesterday. And, my razor, of which I still have possession, will be returning in my wife’s checked bag. My old Trac II is sitting home laughing at me.

Top Bottom